Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > Steven T. Landon

Steven T. Landon
Signwatcher
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 6, 2007, 11:41 AM

He has pretty much shown himself to be just as most say. He sells broken macs to one of the lists I am on and he also has a web site with his ahh possible new addy in Owosso MI.

http://www.macmancomputers.com/

If anyone wishes to look for him hey go at it. I got four blue and whites all four are good for parts only. Had hoped to build me a second one as a back up but alas nope. I will also post this to other areas on apple fritters as well.

Current address for Steven T. Landon. Scammer.

507 Coruuna Rd Apt#4 Owosso, MI 48867
269-838-2851 possible cell phone.
also has this email of
[email protected]
[email protected]

I can call down to the county seat to see if he has a dba business license if anyone wants to email me off here.

http://www.state.mi.us/mdoc/asp/otis...cNumber=307030

This is also him.

Scotttheking
Moderator Emeritus
Feb 6, 2007, 04:56 PM

That poster (and his girlfriend who was acting on his behalf) are already banned here.
My website
Help me pay for college. Click for more info.

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Feb 6, 2007, 05:37 PM

This is old news.

whoathere
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 6, 2007, 06:51 PM

Watch out on Craigslist as well, he contacted me when I posted that I wanted a Mac Mini... He only offered shipment and not face to face meeting.

Signwatcher  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 6, 2007, 08:29 PM

Just an heads up. I have to sue him in small claims so that the 4 smurfs I can get cash back on. He has also said he is a ACT apple cert. Tech. I'll put this info on craigslist. He too offered that same mac mini. Thank you for the updatre on him. I'll pass it along to the list I am on for LEM.

osxpinot
Senior User
Feb 6, 2007, 10:04 PM

He's selling these with loads of pirated software.

macman042005
Steven Landon
Marketplace Fame
Feb 6, 2007, 11:24 PM

I never said anything like that.. I always deal on craigslist face to face

sledsbehave
Senior User
Feb 6, 2007, 11:24 PM

worst guy ever...

can't believe he's still managing to rip people off...

i posted about him, seems like more than a year ago.
as ever,
sonny

macman042005
Steven Landon
Marketplace Fame
Feb 6, 2007, 11:28 PM

On another note
Bruce I sold you those machines As IS you picked them up at the houyse they were working 100 percent fine with me.. It has been 3 months.. you said you never had a problem with those in those 3 months.. Now all of a sudden you have a problem.. I told you they needed ram and a hard drive.. I checked them they came up and booted off an os 9 cd no problem.. Lets get one thing straight.. As a business owner I dont have to give a warranty on machines I sell as is.. like the blue g3's that were picked up from my house by signwatcher here.. He had no problem with them.. So thats straight.. Its done and over with now.. Bruce try and sue me.. I sold them to you as is.. so thats that you arent gonna get anything out of me

macman042005
Steven Landon
Marketplace Fame
Feb 6, 2007, 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by whoathere View Post
Watch out on Craigslist as well, he contacted me when I posted that I wanted a Mac Mini... He only offered shipment and not face to face meeting.
I never said id ship anything.. I dont ship things on craigslist.. I specifically state that in my ads.. I only meet face to face.. Now please stop this madness

sledsbehave
Senior User
Feb 6, 2007, 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by macman042005 View Post
On another note
Bruce I sold you those machines As IS you picked them up at the houyse they were working 100 percent fine with me.. It has been 3 months.. you said you never had a problem with those in those 3 months.. Now all of a sudden you have a problem.. I told you they needed ram and a hard drive.. I checked them they came up and booted off an os 9 cd no problem.. Lets get one thing straight.. As a business owner I dont have to give a warranty on machines I sell as is.. like the blue g3's that were picked up from my house by signwatcher here.. He had no problem with them.. So thats straight.. Its done and over with now.. Bruce try and sue me.. I sold them to you as is.. so thats that you arent gonna get anything out of me
good god
as ever,
sonny

Signwatcher  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 6, 2007, 11:35 PM

sorry the macs he is stating worked are still sitting in my barn which is where they have been since the week after I had bought them. As for the loss of the cash to me this isn't even the problem now. I can eat the loss of the 4 but I won't trust him again. I can let anyone who wants to also know what they are. I have 4 3 are rev2 blue and white, and the last a 350 rev1 with the wrong jumper block. Working I say not. I have been working in the computer field since the early 90's and in electronics since before steven was born. I date back to tubes by gosh.

whoathere
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 7, 2007, 01:39 AM

I have a Core Duo Mini 1.66ghz Late 2006
512MB RAM/60GB/SuperDrive/BT/AP
Includes 17" HP LCD, 200GB External USB 2.0 Hard Drive, White apple
keyboard and logitech optical scroll mouse.. All original boxes and
apple software pack

750.00+ Shipping from 48867- PayPal Only

Thanks

Steven Landon
MacMan Computers
Owosso, MI

-------------------------------------

That is an exact quote from the e-mail he sent me. This is what he calls "not shipping anything on craigslist".

Captain Obvious
Professional Poster
Feb 7, 2007, 01:49 AM

Originally Posted by Signwatcher View Post
http://www.macmancomputers.om/

5xxx Coruuna Rd Apt#4 Owosso, MI 48867
269-838-28xx possible cell phone.
also has this email of
[email protected]
[email protected]

http://www.state.mi.us/mdoc/as/otis2...cNumber=307030
What no link to his myspace page?
( Last edited by Captain Obvious; Feb 7, 2007 at 01:55 AM. )

Barack Obama: Four more years of the Carter Presidency

mattsliva
Forum Regular
Feb 7, 2007, 11:18 PM

I actually took the time to fill out an anti-piracy form over at Adobe.com for this bozo.

If you do the same, maybe we can get rid of him once and for all.

Adobe - Anti-piracy form for individuals

thomas.ahart
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 8, 2007, 05:07 PM

I have talked to this guy's girlfriend before on AOL instant message. I was about to sell them a large lot of old Mac parts but she backed out of the deal at the last minute. If you want AOL screen name or if there is any other way I can help you find this guy, please call me, Thomas, (913) 563-6797.

Signwatcher  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 11, 2007, 01:13 PM

Well he has been trying to umm scare me from the fact I put all the info on him I had on the web. Too badf. I do know a few people in owosso and they aren't the light kind of people. In fact I wonder if he is selling the mac mini or just trying to recover his pride. Anyways sorry that I got him out of the woodwork again. I am sorry to the Mod. I will say that while my 4 blue and whites were junk. I can see others have been hit alot worse. Oh he also was going to give me the intel tiger but alas it never came to be. Too bad Apple would have loved him.
Oh didn't know he had a myspace site too. I don't do myspace so...

sledsbehave
Senior User
Feb 11, 2007, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by Signwatcher View Post
Well he has been trying to umm scare me from the fact I put all the info on him I had on the web. Too badf. I do know a few people in owosso and they aren't the light kind of people. In fact I wonder if he is selling the mac mini or just trying to recover his pride. Anyways sorry that I got him out of the woodwork again. I am sorry to the Mod. I will say that while my 4 blue and whites were junk. I can see others have been hit alot worse. Oh he also was going to give me the intel tiger but alas it never came to be. Too bad Apple would have loved him.
Oh didn't know he had a myspace site too. I don't do myspace so...
he tries the intimidation with everyone, i have some emails where he threatened all kinds of stuff to try to get me trade, and stop talking about him on this board.
as ever,
sonny

Signwatcher  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 11, 2007, 02:08 PM

Again sorry for bringing the troll back out to plug the forum up. As for his acts, well lets just say I hunt meth labs in the spring and summer to keep those dips out of the forrest with the crap they make up. So he really can't bother me.

Bruce

b1NARY73
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 11, 2007, 11:50 PM

I remember this dude.... He ripped a ton of people off at applefritter. Here is a link.... seems he was let out of prison early summer of last year for.... well, see for yourself. Offender Tracking Information System (OTIS) - Offender Profile
Cheers!
 Macbook Pro 17" / 2.5GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo / 4GB Ram / 350GB
 Macbook Pro 17" / 2.16GHZ Intel Core Duo / 2GB Ram / 120GB
 Macbook Black / 2.4GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo / 4GB Ram / 350GB

jiminmich
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 22, 2007, 03:07 PM

we bought an imac from steven of macman computers in owosso mi some time ago. we got it for a decent price and have been happy with it. so i didnt mind calling on him for another comp when we decided that we needed another. we made a deal via phone for an emac, and today ( sunday 4-22 ) we were to pick it up. car troubles arose last night and buying another comp was just not financially reasonable. when he called this morning telling my better half that the comp was ready to be picked up she told him that we could not buy it at this time. he got really pissy with her on the phone and told her that thanks to us he was going to jail for child support and dont bother contacting him, he wont be doing business with us ever again and hung up the phone on her. after finding out what a shady creep he is, i am glad we did not buy it!

Forum Links
Forum Rules