Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > iPod Widgets

iPod Widgets
badsey
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 21, 2007, 11:07 AM

http://www.koloroo.com/

the first two iPod widgets are out. What iPod Widgets would you like to see? Remember the iPod is not Wifi yet (no internet).

badsey  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 21, 2007, 11:10 AM

ipod widgets ยป Browse widget gallery for ipod widgets

those are not the first two. I was just lazy and not keeping up with iPod widgets. Is the Nike+ the first iPod widget?

Visnaut
Senior User
Mar 21, 2007, 11:49 AM

I'll reiterate what I posted as a comment in the MacNN article regarding this:

These aren't widgets in the strictest sense.

Basically, they've created a bunch of image files for the iPod's screen, with the tips precalculated for dollar amounts between $1 and $500. Presumably, you access it like any photo album on your iPod. In total it looks like it takes up 10 MB on your iPod.

Personally, I'd rather spend an hour making my own version of this, optimized for my iPod's screen, rather than shelling out $5.

That's just me though, I'm sure this will be useful for many users.

Just don't think you're actually getting a widget programmed for your iPod. It's a bunch of image files, is all.

badsey  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 21, 2007, 01:43 PM

you can download the demos. -And they are just pictures that jam up your iPhoto library. You scroll thru the pictures. The Kolorwheel "widget" is stored under pictures since it is a series of pictures.

33 pics for the Kolorwheel Demo
20 pics for the tip thing

They are just scrolling pictures. You could make a cartoon this way. Sort of like the old flip-it cartoons on the edge of pages. I could see where some people could use the "widgets" (not a true widget).

An interesting development for the iPod, but not a true widget.

badsey  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 21, 2007, 01:48 PM

those other ones need Konfabulator (the original Widget maker) -I don't want the Widget clutter so I won't try it.

Widgets for the iPod will need to wait.

Forum Links
Forum Rules