Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Alternative Operating Systems > LinuxPPC-How do you do a rt-click

LinuxPPC-How do you do a rt-click
Keda
Senior User
Aug 23, 2000, 10:33 PM

Ive been messing around w/LinuxPPC a bit, and Im lost. I have an ADB mouse, how can I do a right-click?

Also, how can I find out how to do things?

I need to config things...clock, internet, install SW.

well, any help is apreciated.

Chris_G
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 24, 2000, 02:56 AM

One of the best resources I've found are the Linuxppc user mailing lists, found at http://lists.linuxppc.org/lists/linuxppc-user . Also the linuxppc website has a bunch of info. As far as right clicking goes, one way to do it (so I've been told... I actually have a three button mouse for my Mac) is to edit your kernel arguments. I believe the argument to add is "adb_buttons=151,152". If you're using Xpmac, you can use option-click, control-click, or option-2, and option-3 for the middle and right buttons respectively. I'm pretty sure those are the commands. Hope this helps. Good luck!

Cheers!
Chris

stardoc
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 6, 2000, 11:55 PM

For a lot of general help check out the HOWTO's under /usr/doc

Also, the linux documentation project ( http://www.linuxdoc.org/ ) is a great place to go.

a holsteinson
Sep 18, 2000, 09:34 AM

I tried to install LinuxPPC 2000 on my G4 and it is mess... it is a shame of an installer!! it didnt even loaded the GUI!! talk about user friendly?? those words doesnt exist!! not to mention the total lack of support from linuxppc where there isnt even an email address!! forget about this crap!! 15 years after the mac and now we have to go back to crypted messages worse than DOS??

mrfett
Sep 18, 2000, 10:10 PM

Well, we don't have to do anything. Linux is kind of a "pick yourself up by your bootstraps" kind of OS. It definitely isn't for everyone. It's strength is not user-friendliness. If you don't have a need to use it and you get too frustrated, don't sweat it. It's just not for you. Mac OS X will have very similiar strengths as well as user-friendliness.

I just spent about 20 hours trying to install it on my PowerBook (it turns out the CD I burned was bad: all the files were there, but they were all corrupt).

I liken it a little to homebrewing. It's great fun if you have the time and patience, and don't mind getting dirty. But for lots of people, going to the Pub and having a pint of Guiness suits them just fine. It doesn't make them any less of a beer lover.

Just my 2 cents.

Jason Haas
Sep 22, 2000, 01:15 PM

To do a right click, on the keyboard, type Option-3. Middle click is Option-2.

Cheers,

Jason Haas, LinuxPPC Inc.

Forum Links
Forum Rules