Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > HELP: digital input has gone dead on SGI Multilink

HELP: digital input has gone dead on SGI Multilink
jreades
Oct 11, 2002, 03:02 PM

I trully have no idea what might have happened... about two days ago, I ceased being able to use my SGI monitor as the second head for my powerbook since the picture is completely gone.

A little testing has turned up the following, rather confusing, symptoms:

1. When connected to the DVI-out on my G4 it detects the Multilink and displays the appropriate resolution options, but no picture is shown.

2. I can even place the mouse pointer in the 'dead'area where the monitor should be (i.e. it disappears off the left-hand side of the LCD display of my laptop) -- the Mac clearly believes that the second display is there.

3. My Linux machine also gets no output using the digitial interface.

4. If I switch to analog, then I have a picture (even if it is unusable because of the blurriness from going analog -> digital -> analog -> digital.

So, has anyone else experienced this problem? Is it the Multilink? Can I further reset it somehow (I used to factory reset while in analog mode)? Any ideas/suggestions/tips?

TIA

Forum Links
Forum Rules