Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Art & Graphic Design > QT4/Toast 3.5.6 Bug?

QT4/Toast 3.5.6 Bug?
jreades
Apr 21, 1999, 12:45 PM

Just upgraded to QT4 yesterday and Toast started bombing while burning (crash and burn :^> ) reporting, among other things, a "Buffer Underrun."

Restarting my G3/300 with all QT extensions turned off seems to have cleared it up.

However, as testing my pet theories was getting a tad expensive in terms of useless CD-Rs, I also created a disc image this time, so it's possible the cause was elsewhere and I'm just trying to pin this down.

Anyone else run into a similar problem?

wormman
Apr 21, 1999, 02:45 PM

maybe it's a scsi problem with quicktime?

I put quicktime 4 on a machine connected to a sprint scan 45 slide scanner, and I had nothing but problems. Scanner would stop working halfway into a scan, machine would freeze ect... I was struggling all day trying to get it to work. I fainally realized It must be quicktime somehow, so I downgraded to 3.02

Everything works great now, wierd problem though.

mkbhatia
Administrator
Apr 22, 1999, 02:13 AM

Burned several CDs today with QT 4 and Toast 3.5.6: no problems. Probably need to troubleshoot some other interaction with extensions.

Kosmo
Senior User
Apr 29, 1999, 08:08 AM

In all other areas QT4 is just incredible, however...I am also having problems buring CD's now.
I have a B&W 350Mhz/256MB SDRAM running 8.5.1 (took off 8.6).

I'm using the Adaptec 2906 SCSI card and the latest update.

I am having trouble with Toast OR the Sony Spressa 4x8 CD Burner when using QT4.

I too get the Buffer underrun even though the Spressa has a full 2MB buffer.

When I reinstalled QT3.0.2 I can burn the CD's...
I've used QT4 and QT3 several times to confirm this problem. I thought it was the Sony Burner...now I am beginning to think it might be Toast.

Is anyone else having this problem?

http://www.macnet2.com

Forum Links
Forum Rules