Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > Changing the wait and other cursor/pointer ???

Changing the wait and other cursor/pointer ???
TheZee
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 18, 2004, 04:17 AM

Is it possible to change the drab b&w wait spiner that appears when you're waiting for a particular app to open? Where, besides ResExcellence, can I obtain different cursors/pointers? I use MightyMouse as my cursor/pointer changer. I have used ResExcellence to obtain different cursors/pointers/waits in the past but they rarely update their cursor list to choose from. I have yet to find another comparable site where I can obtain other cursors/pointers/waits. If anyone knows of any wirth while sites could you share your suggestions with me? Thanks.
Peace,
TheZee
MacBook Aluminum Unibody, 2GHz Intel Core duo, 2GB RAM, 160GB HD, OS X 10.5.7

Dave-o�
Senior User
Jul 18, 2004, 07:25 AM

uuuggghhh.. please do a search for Mighty Mouse or Cursor next time... there must be 3 Threads already, that cover this... Happy searching...

Fonzie
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 18, 2004, 10:21 AM

@TheZee, you have to live with the fact that we live in a Windows dominated world atm.

So, if you want cursors there's really no other option than; 1)make them yourself - 2)go to www.wincustomize.com or www.customize.org

This is by no means a harsh post. Just some facts, i think. I may be proven wrong and someone comes and posts a secret MightyMouse site.
There's No Offposition On the Genius Switch - David Letterman

TheZee  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 19, 2004, 03:45 AM

Fonzie,
Thanks for the heads up and the honesty about how there are very few avenues one can take to obtain quality cursors/pointers. Dam Windows to HELL !!! Harsh? Yes. So what. I do hope someone does come across with some new sites for MightyMouse cursors or something close. As far as that wincustomize.org site; does anyone know if it is possible to take windows cursors from that site and transform them into ones I can use for my Mac, essentially ones MightyMouse can read? I do create some very cool ones already but, like I stated in an earlier post, I am a cursor junkie and so I am always looking out for more. Thanks for any and all input people !!!
Peace,
TheZee

smeger
Mac Elite
Jul 20, 2004, 01:54 AM

Originally posted by TheZee:
As far as that wincustomize.org site; does anyone know if it is possible to take windows cursors from that site and transform them into ones I can use for my Mac, essentially ones MightyMouse can read?
Hit the "Help" button in Mighty Mouse, it describes how to do this. The process is a bit counter-intuitive, so be sure to follow the instructions literally.
Geekspiff - generating spiffdiddlee software since before you began paying attention.

TheZee  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 20, 2004, 03:03 AM

smeger,
Thanks for the heads up on using MightyMouse HELP to figure out how to use windows type cursors/pointers. Sometimes we need another persons perspective to point out the obvious. I equate it to looking for something you think you have lost. If you look hard you have a hard time finding it yet the moment that you take a rest from searching, it appears. Letting you know that it was right in front of you all the time.
Peace,
TheZee

MacMan4000
Mac Elite
Jul 20, 2004, 05:52 PM

MaxThemes has some good wait cursors...

http://www.maxthemes.com/guistuff/?g...Wait%20Cursors

TheZee  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 20, 2004, 08:42 PM

Thanks for the tip on Max Themes. What I am looking for are cursors/pointers that are unique from the regular spinners and the wrist watch that accompanies so many applications. If you come across any ones like that, please let me know my bruthahhs. Thanx.
Peace,
TheZee

Forum Links
Forum Rules