Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > iPhone drops calls while entering appointments

iPhone drops calls while entering appointments
vln2
Aug 14, 2007, 11:57 PM

At this point this is my top concern. I have people calling me and I have to check my schedule and setup appointments. By the time I am moving the time wheel the call drops. I am using Jawbone Bluetooth headset but that is not a problem. My old HP iPAQ has never done that and this is becoming an issue with some making jokes about iPhone.
Wonder if anyone has figured out how to deal with this.

butterfly0fdoom
Senior User
Aug 15, 2007, 12:16 AM

I haven't had problems with double-tasking between Calendar and Phone...
MacBook Core 2 Duo 2.16 (Black)
iPod classic 160GB
iPhone 8GB

DigitalEl
Mac Elite
Aug 15, 2007, 03:34 AM

At home, my iPhone drops calls if I don't stand in the backyard and hold it at a certain angle.

Still waiting for those new AT&Tingular towers in my part of town...
Jalen's dad. Carrie's husband.  partisan. Bleu blanc et rouge.

MacinTommy
Mac Elite
Aug 15, 2007, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by DigitalEl View Post
At home, my iPhone drops calls if I don't stand in the backyard and hold it at a certain angle.

Still waiting for those new AT&Tingular towers in my part of town...
That must hurt...
I swear ever since I got a new plasma TV (put it in front of my window on a stand) my service in my bedroom has gone down.... Its kind of weird..

-Q-
Aug 15, 2007, 11:35 AM

Have you done a reset of the phone? PITA but that seems to be a good solution to fix some of the issues that have come up (like Safari crashing incessantly for me). And for the record, I've never had an issue being on a call and checking my calendar or adding an appointment.

::maroma::
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 15, 2007, 11:44 AM

I have entered appointments into Calendar while on a call before. No problems here. Definitely try a reset if you haven't already. Otherwise gas up the rig and take a trip to your local Apple Store.

Oh, and those making jokes about your iPhone... gimme names and places, I got nothin better to do today than to slap some fools around.

vln2  (op)
Aug 15, 2007, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by ::maroma:: View Post
Oh, and those making jokes about your iPhone... gimme names and places, I got nothin better to do today than to slap some fools around.
You may want to think twice before facing hard core Dell/Blacberry county Tech brass. Although they were surprised that I got the Exchange working on iPhone.
I will have to do a restore but that will have to wait - this is the bussiest time of the year.

::maroma::
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 15, 2007, 06:23 PM

True, those Blackberrys are heavy and they'd hurt if used as a projectile. Maybe I'll use a 24" iMac as a shield.

(man, i'm bored)

Forum Links
Forum Rules