Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > iTunes Podcast settings stubbornness

iTunes Podcast settings stubbornness
Dakar V
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 12, 2009, 01:49 PM

Yet another issue with podcasts and iTunes, in this case it deals with what time it checks for new Podcast at. Ideally, Apple would just let you set a time, the same way you set wake and sleep in the Energy Saver control panel, but for some reason iTunes check for podcasts every day at the same time you last checked manually. Sometimes. Sometimes it ignores when I last checked and continues and its old schedule. And for added fun, if iTunes is shut down, or there is no internet connection when it would regularly check for new podcasts, it then sets the time you next launch it as the new time to check every day. Very frustrating.

Ideally, I would set iTunes to check for new podcast every morning before I get up (And sync for that matter). I think I read a work around to get this to happen via an Automator app and iCal, but I'm curious if anyone else has had the same issues/frustration as me regarding inconsistent behavior with the settings.

Forum Links
Forum Rules