Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > June 28th-> Powerbook and WWDC and My Dilemma

June 28th-> Powerbook and WWDC and My Dilemma
PatsPalace24
Jun 26, 2004, 12:30 PM

Ok guys. I am so excited for June 28th. Not only is it Steve's famous keynote speech at WWDC that everyone is waiting for, I will also be receiving my brand new 15" Powerbook, on the same day. That sounds really exciting to me, but I have a big problem! My tennis camp falls on the same day as June 28th and is for a week. What am I going to do. No internet there, so I have to wait in anticipation for both of them. And when I come home, how will I be able to watch the keynote speech on Apple.com if the brand new products announced are going to be on Apple's homepage!?!?! Screw this camp, I want my Stevie and Powerbook!
15" Powerbook G4 1.5
512 MB, 80GB 5400 Hard Drive
Superdrive, AP, Bluetooth Mouse and Keyboard
20 GB 3G iPod

Todd Parker
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 26, 2004, 02:24 PM

well it looks like your screwed
12'' Powerbook rev C. Bone Stock

Euston Square on 8/24/2004

cloudaj
Forum Regular
Jun 26, 2004, 02:29 PM

apple in the past has put up a video feed of the keynote after it has been recorded (so after its actually over), so i would think you could watch it after that week at camp.

PatsPalace24  (op)
Jun 26, 2004, 03:21 PM

Ok, so I will still be able to watch it. They will have it up until then..? God I hope so, I love watchin them, but I really hate not watching it live, well at least close to when its actually happening. Oh well, if only I would have ordered it one more day earlier. I just went into my Apple store yesterday and got some info about everything to get with the PB, and am really getting excited. Before this it was just dreaming and looking at them, but now I will actually have one. It's only a matter of time now before I get my baby!
15" Powerbook G4 1.5
512 MB, 80GB 5400 Hard Drive
Superdrive, AP, Bluetooth Mouse and Keyboard
20 GB 3G iPod

cszar2001
Photo Architect
Jun 26, 2004, 04:58 PM

I watched the last one live. The connection broke down several times.
And you can always watch it later as they will put it on the QT website.

I don`t think that much is going to happen. The Tiger preview will be interesting.
"Microsoft is a cross between the Borg and the Ferengi. Unfortunately, they use Borg to do their marketing and Ferengi to do their programming." Simon Slavin

Me on Flickr.

Forum Links
Forum Rules