Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Just got my new 12" PB one question...

Just got my new 12" PB one question...
jorgem4
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 2, 2004, 06:33 PM

I just got my new 12" PB...it is perfect...no woble no dead pixels working like a charm! It even came with the new setup assistance to migrate from my old Mac to my new Mac....worked really well!

One question...the headphone jack...when I plug in my speakers or my headphones to the computer it seems thatthe "male" part from the speakers does not go all the way into the "female" part on the PB...it this normal?

Thanks.

cloudaj
Forum Regular
Aug 2, 2004, 06:44 PM

Originally posted by jorgem4:
I just got my new 12" PB...it is perfect...no woble no dead pixels working like a charm! It even came with the new setup assistance to migrate from my old Mac to my new Mac....worked really well!
Oooh, nice, I ordered a 15" last thursday, I hope it comes with this too. I was reading it only shipped on the new powermacs and got a little bummed out, this gives me some hope.

One question...the headphone jack...when I plug in my speakers or my headphones to the computer it seems thatthe "male" part from the speakers does not go all the way into the "female" part on the PB...it this normal?
Yes, this is normal from what I have read on this forum, there is a slight gap...as long as it sounds as it should, it is perfectly normal.

jorgem4  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 2, 2004, 06:50 PM

Cool thanks....then I am a very happy camper here! For anyone readdin all the bitching and bad experinces with the laptops that is only 1% of the people talking...I am glad to fall in the 99% of the custumers that don't have to bitch because their PB is just as it should be!

jorgem4  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 3, 2004, 09:07 AM

As many say, as son as you open the box this thing is slick, sexy and astonishing. Light, but yet feels strong and well build. Not like the TiPB (which I previously own) not a bad computer...but a little delicate.

My PB had no pixel issues so far and when I set it on the table I thought it had a little wobble but I when I open the lid the wobble was gone and I am yet to see it again...I did notice a 1/4 of a millimeter gap on the front left rubber foot (i guess that was where the wobble came from) but when I type in the computer or try to wobble it the thing is solid rock.

Now for the screen....a wide concern and highly commented topic...it is great! I compared it with my GF brand new iBook that came on Saturday (by the way great little machine too, fit her perfectly as a low tech computer person) the screen on the PB is far from the iBook screen...not to bash the iBook screen...but the PB is just plain better. I was surprised by how bright it is I even had to dim it a bit like 3/4 of brightness and if the viewing angle is right is awesome.

The head phone jack was my only little disappointment but I went to the apple store and plugged in my headphones into their 12, 15 and 17 PB and all are the same a little gap. So I guess it is normal.

As for the heat issues...well yesterday was 85 degrees out side and I live on an attic with no AC so my room tends to be 8-10 degrees hotter than outside...so the machine got hot but not enough to drop some bacon on it for breakfast this morning.

Well these are my impressions so far...not to mention the machine is blazing fast and responsive. I had been waiting for this machine for about a year now and finally I own one. I hope this helps people that read complains and complains of people that have had bad luck with their PB…well here I stand telling you that it is a great machine and that YES there are good PB after all.

Any questions comments fell free.

Forum Links
Forum Rules