Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Not another PB bag thread...looking ACME owners

Not another PB bag thread...looking ACME owners
trublue
Sep 21, 2003, 02:08 AM

Hi! I know that there are a lot of PB bag thread out there, and I don't want to start yet another with everyone chiming in on different brands.

I would like to narrow this thread down specifically to Acme's slim.

www.acmemade.com/bags.html

Does anyone own one of these here? Could you please post some pics. I think that the ones on their site are rather limited.

Also, they look kinda chic. I don't know whether in person this is exaggerated or not (i.e. do they lend themselves more to purse or briefcase)? I live in Colorado and can't see one in person. I think that if I could see their size in relation to a person, I could make a decent decision.

Could a *guy* carry one of these around without people making unnecessary assumptions?

I am attracted to their minimalist style, vibrant colors (specifically gold & red...looks like a sports car!), slim design and maximum quality build quality (quilted sating inside!). Every briefcase that I have owned has always been black. I am actually rather bored with black.

Your responses are appreciated!

-Ian

Sakino
Senior User
Sep 21, 2003, 02:20 AM

I personally dont like these, they seem to lack protectiong from what i see from the images.

PeterKG
Senior User
Sep 21, 2003, 02:40 AM

Originally posted by trublue:
Hi! I know that there are a lot of PB bag thread out there, and I don't want to start yet another with everyone chiming in on different brands.

I would like to narrow this thread down specifically to Acme's slim.

www.acmemade.com/bags.html

Does anyone own one of these here? Could you please post some pics. I think that the ones on their site are rather limited.

Also, they look kinda chic. I don't know whether in person this is exaggerated or not (i.e. do they lend themselves more to purse or briefcase)? I live in Colorado and can't see one in person. I think that if I could see their size in relation to a person, I could make a decent decision.

Could a *guy* carry one of these around without people making unnecessary assumptions?

I am attracted to their minimalist style, vibrant colors (specifically gold & red...looks like a sports car!), slim design and maximum quality build quality (quilted sating inside!). Every briefcase that I have owned has always been black. I am actually rather bored with black.

Your responses are appreciated!

-Ian

They look really Gay. Not that there is anythinng wrong with that.
MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7), 1.6 GHz, Core i5, 4GB 1333 MHz DDR3, 128 GB SSD, 24" LED ACD, 1TB Time Capsule (late 2009), IOS4 ATV, 16GB iPhone 4

chipchen
Mac Elite
Sep 21, 2003, 03:56 AM

I got an AcmeMade slim for my 17inch. I love it... really protects the computer... in the pictures.. it looks pretty feminine, but it's not that bad in person. hehe...

redboy
Sep 21, 2003, 07:22 AM

I�ve got the coffee coloured slim for my 17". Looks really minimalistic and understated and I thinks it gives my 17" more than enough protection. It�s great. Getting one for my girlfriends 12" as well.

(hmm, and I�m talking about my 17" powerbook here just in case you misunderstood my post!!!)

pic9809
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 21, 2003, 07:40 AM

i've got the slim in black for my 17". i, too, had concerns that it looked a little too feminine prior to purchase, but rest assured it's not in danger of that. i think the culprit is the shape of the handles in the photos, which in person are not that bad.

forcelite
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 21, 2003, 07:43 AM

seriously the best bags on the market are www.sfbags.com

I have seen TONS of different bags and these are the best IMO.

Force

spalding12
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 21, 2003, 06:01 PM

just the Racer-X version
or have you seen OTHER versions of these bags

they DO look nice

greg

Talleyman
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 21, 2003, 06:21 PM

Originally posted by forcelite:

Force

Those Waterfield bags are VERY pricey! Sheesh...it's a laptop...a nice laptop, but come on..

Tman
========================================
http://www.sledgetech.com

PowerMac G4 800/Powerbook G4 Aluminum, 1.25ghz

It's a small world, but I wouldn't want to paint it......Steven Wright

Sakino
Senior User
Sep 21, 2003, 06:57 PM

Originally posted by forcelite:

Force
Does the Cargo bag fit the 15 inch powerbook perfectly, leaving no to little room.
I dont want extra room for my powerbook because I have a backpack I will be carrying around. I'm basically looking for a bag that is goign to protect my powerbook really well, without the bulkyness.

Actually 150$ for a bag, is rediculous.

Sakino
Senior User
Sep 21, 2003, 07:03 PM

Originally posted by chipchen:
I got an AcmeMade slim for my 17inch. I love it... really protects the computer... in the pictures.. it looks pretty feminine, but it's not that bad in person. hehe...
It doesnt look like there is much protection on them though?

clf8
Sep 21, 2003, 07:09 PM

Originally posted by spalding12:
just the Racer-X version
or have you seen OTHER versions of these bags
They are pretty nice. You can get just the SleeveCase and use it with a bag you already have or their Cargo, Kozmo, or Vertigo bags. Sure, they're a little pricey, but if you you can get package deals from them depending on what you're looking for. Service is impeccable and quality has been great for me so far.
-Flowers...

Sandbaggins
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 21, 2003, 09:31 PM

Originally posted by trublue:

They look way too feminine (gay) if thats what you mean.
15" 1.25/512/80/5400/SD/AE Aluminum Powerbook

Darksider
Forum Regular
Sep 21, 2003, 10:03 PM

Just pick up an Incase Bag, slick, well built, and affordable.

trublue  (op)
Sep 23, 2003, 12:03 AM

pic9809, redboy, chipchen:

Could you please post some realworld pics...preferrably next to your hand/computer or with someone carrying it!

Thanks.

And everyone else, could we please keep this thread down to the acme slim.

Forum Links
Forum Rules