Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Powerpoint printing problem under Leopard

Powerpoint printing problem under Leopard
desertmac
Forum Regular
Nov 6, 2007, 07:14 PM

Anyone else having these problems? If I open a PPt presentation under Leopard, I get two problems:

1. If I go to print slides, the preview is gibberish and it prints as gibberish. If I choose handouts instead (2 or more slides to a page), the presentation prints fine.

2. If I go to change the design of a slide, I no longer see small versions of the template options. I just see a generic icon.

Any feedback appreciated.
MBP 15" 2.4 Ghz 4Gb
MBA 13" 1.6 Ghz 2Gb

desertmac  (op)
Forum Regular
Nov 7, 2007, 10:57 AM

No one else is having this problem?
MBP 15" 2.4 Ghz 4Gb
MBA 13" 1.6 Ghz 2Gb

utopia1218
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 19, 2007, 03:19 PM

I am having the EXACT same problem! Was getting frustrated so I decided to google it and ur post came up!! Not sure I have anything else to add except that I'm going thru the same problem. Would appreciate if you do find anything to solve this! THANKS!!!

desertmac  (op)
Forum Regular
Nov 19, 2007, 03:41 PM

Unfortunately I have not found a solution. I can typically print handouts in PPt, but not full slides. 10.5.1 did not help.

What I am doing as a workaround is now using Keynote. I am liking Keynote a lot. It took a little while to work with it. If you have Keynote, and still want to work in PPt, what you can do is create the presentation in Ppt and then just open it in Keynote to print.

Wish I had a better solution but I don't.
MBP 15" 2.4 Ghz 4Gb
MBA 13" 1.6 Ghz 2Gb

MacOnlySince80s
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 20, 2007, 05:12 PM

I have a print problem as well. The letters print mirrored/backwards when printing from Powerpoint/Leopard to a Xerox WorkCentre Pro 232. I also got the scrambled mess when I printed to Preview or saved as a PDF.

After realizing it prints OK to an HP printer, I found the following workaround:

1. Select the HP printer as the DEFAULT printer in System Prefs (was Xerox).
2. Pint to PDF.
3. Open the PDF with Preview (Acrobat should also work).
4. Print to the Xerox printer.

Pretty weird...

desertmac  (op)
Forum Regular
Nov 26, 2007, 11:20 AM

Yes this seems to be printer specific. I can get PPt to work with a Brother MFC 7820N and a Canon iP90 but not a Brother HL 4070 CDW. Your workaround works for me. Choose one of the printers that works ok. Print to PDF. Open PDF and print to the Color Laser. I agree. Pretty weird.
MBP 15" 2.4 Ghz 4Gb
MBA 13" 1.6 Ghz 2Gb

z1he
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 12, 2007, 04:13 PM

combination WCP from Xerox and Powerpoint does not go well together with Leopard.

I called Xerox and "they know nothing"!! The answer was: this is an issue from either Microsoft or from leopard, not of our driver. Thanks Xerox for investigating so thoroughly. (3 minutes over the phone)S

That being said, it clearly is an issue introduced with leopard. This was so important for me I had to move back to Tiger. Please let me know when you have a solution.

Thanks.

Forum Links
Forum Rules