Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > iPhone Sync problems under Leopard

iPhone Sync problems under Leopard
desertmac
Forum Regular
Nov 1, 2007, 11:55 PM

Have upgraded to Leopard. When I go to sync my iPhone, it shows up fine in the iTunes sidebar. But when I click on the info tab, none of my Address groups or calendars are showing up. The info is in Address Book and iCal, but iTunes is not recognizing it for the iPhone sync.

Anyone have this problem? Any suggestions for how to fix this? Any help appreciated.
MBP 15" 2.4 Ghz 4Gb
MBA 13" 1.6 Ghz 2Gb

desertmac  (op)
Forum Regular
Nov 3, 2007, 09:21 AM

Update: I reset the setting on the iPhone, and re-installed iTunes 7.4.2. No luck. Still not showing the calendars and groups that are present in Address Book and in iCal. Anyone have any ideas?
MBP 15" 2.4 Ghz 4Gb
MBA 13" 1.6 Ghz 2Gb

desertmac  (op)
Forum Regular
Nov 5, 2007, 01:27 PM

Update: So after an hour with iPhone support, found a fix, though we still don't know why. When I upgraded from Leopard, I restored my iCal calendars from a backup. That led to calendars not showing up in iTunes to sync to iPhone. When I instead exported my calendars from a previous version of iCal, and then imported them into the new iCal. they showed up. Who knows why, but it works now.
MBP 15" 2.4 Ghz 4Gb
MBA 13" 1.6 Ghz 2Gb

DigitalEl
Mac Elite
Nov 5, 2007, 03:30 PM

I've had wonky .Mac syncing since upgrading to Leopard. I never had any issues under Tiger, but have been getting weird errors since the upgrade.

An Address Book group was showing up twice (even though I haven't touched it in ages).

Safari keeps restoring its default set of bookmarks.

I get random duplications of Mail.app folders. For instance, I'll have two instances of "On My Mac" in Mail.app's sidebar. This is on a .Mac account under IMAP.

Most problems can be fixed with a little hassle, but I never had such issues under Tiger.
Jalen's dad. Carrie's husband.  partisan. Bleu blanc et rouge.

Jeff75
Forum Regular
Nov 12, 2007, 12:16 AM

Under Leopard I simply cannot sync calendars. Period. I have restarted iPhone and the computer. No luck. I have changed my calendar sync setting from "all" to "selected calendars" and still no luck.

I have had sync problems even in 10.4 - this is the worst situation yet. The iPhone isn't much of a PDA if I can't even sync my calendar.
MBP 17" Core i7 matte screen; iPad 16Gb 3G

desertmac  (op)
Forum Regular
Nov 12, 2007, 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by Jeff75 View Post
Under Leopard I simply cannot sync calendars. Period. I have restarted iPhone and the computer. No luck. I have changed my calendar sync setting from "all" to "selected calendars" and still no luck.

I have had sync problems even in 10.4 - this is the worst situation yet. The iPhone isn't much of a PDA if I can't even sync my calendar.
Jeff, did you import calendars or just restore? Importing calendars solved my problem.
MBP 15" 2.4 Ghz 4Gb
MBA 13" 1.6 Ghz 2Gb

Animalic
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 15, 2007, 04:20 AM

I have the same problems with iCal sync and importing the calendars didn't solve the problem.
Ti Book G4/512 RAM/60 Gb /SuperDrive
Mac OS X 10.2.x
Olympus Camedia 3040Z

desertmac  (op)
Forum Regular
Nov 15, 2007, 09:51 AM

The problem may be that you deleted the Home and Work default calendars in iCal before you chose a different calendar to sync to in iPhone. That's at least one hypothesis I developed. You might try this:

1. Export your calendars from iCal.
2. Reset your iSync preferences.
3. Reinstall both iCal and iTunes. iTunes is easy to re-install. I haven't been able to find how to install iCal separately, but you might just be able to delete the iCal plist and the contents of the ~/Library/Calendars folder to reset iCal. I had done an archive and install so I had a clean version of iCal to work with.
4. Open iCal and import one of your calendars into iCal. DON'T delete either the Home or the Work calendars.
5. Connect your iPhone and open iTunes. See if your imported calendar shows up. If it does, choose that calendar to sync to in the iTunes tab.
6. Close iTunes.
7. Go back to iCal and import your other calendars.
8. Open iTunes and make sure they show up.
9. Close iTunes. If you want to delete the Home and Work calendars now, that should be safe.

Hope that helps. Good luck.
MBP 15" 2.4 Ghz 4Gb
MBA 13" 1.6 Ghz 2Gb

Forum Links
Forum Rules