Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > F/S 15" MBP 2.0GHz

F/S 15" MBP 2.0GHz
israces
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 5, 2010, 02:32 PM

I am finally selling my trusty MBP. I used this machine pretty much everyday for work and really liked it. But, I upgraded, so it needs to find a new home.

Here are the specs:
2.0GHz Core Duo processor
2MB shared L2 cache
667MHz FSB
2.0GB 667 MHz PC2-5300 DDR2 SDRAM (upgraded to max out RAM)
320GB hard drive (upgraded to bad-ass Western Digital Scorpio Blue WD3200BEVT)
4X single-layer DVD±RW/CD-RW SuperDrive
ATI Mobility Radeon X1600 graphics processor with 128 MB of GDDR3 video memory
15.4" widescreen 1440x900 TFT active-matrix display (matte) display (no pixel problems)
Keyboard illumination
Scrolling TrackPad
AirPort Extreme (802.11g)
Bluetooth 2.0+EDR
Gigabit Ethernet
1 FireWire 400 port
2 USB 2.0 ports
Optical digital audio in/out
DVI out
ExpressCard/34 expansion slot
Built-in iSight video camera
Apple Remote
MagSafe power connector
Original Battery at 82% health
Original box, discs, connectors, etc.
Cosmetically, it is in excellent condition with just a little wear (it was my baby)

I bought this from Apple as a refurbished machine a few years ago. I used it nearly everyday for work and have not experienced anything out of the ordinary except for these two things:

1) When it is not plugged in, it can make a slight whining noise that appears to be coming from under the keyboard. I think it is the idle-processor noise that is fairly well-known for the core duo MBPs. When it is plugged in it does not make the noise. Unless you work in total silence, you are probably not going to notice it all too much. It always did this since I got it and I have not noticed it get any worse or cause any performance or use problems.

2) One of the fans used to make a brushing noise every once in a while, but only when it was running full blast. I have not heard it in a while, so I don't know if it will even do it anymore. I only heard this a couple of times and have not been able to get it to do it again.

I don't think these are really even issues, but I'd rather get it out there I case it matters to you.

I'm also including:

A second Apple battery at 93% health.

A Belkin F5U213 however-many-in-1 card reader and writer for the ExpressCard/34 expansion slot. It fits flush and I think it is better than the SD slot on the unibody MBP because this one can read all kinds of different media, including all different kinds of MemorySticks. This is the thing I miss the most with the new MBP.

Current suggested retail price for just the MBP as of April 2010 is $800-$1000.

This one along with the extras is yours for $750.

Being sold AS IS.
( Last edited by israces; Jun 5, 2010 at 03:05 PM. )
Backup your Backup

israces  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 19, 2010, 02:41 PM

Sold. Thanks for playing.
Backup your Backup

Forum Links
Forum Rules