Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > For sale: Performa multimedia workstation

For sale: Performa multimedia workstation
Fyre4ce
Mac Elite
Mar 15, 2002, 07:25 PM

My former computer, which I took very good care of, and also upgraded, is now for sale. I'm selling a complete package, including:

Performa 6300CD
-100 MHz PowerPC 603e is not a shabby chip
-8.4 GB Seagate HD (I bought and installed this guy to replace the slow 1.2GB stock drive. This thing is quick.)
-64 MB RAM, 60ns (upgraded from stock 16 MB, 70 ns)
-TV tuner card - that's right, I installed a TV tuner. If you look at the back of the machine, there's a coaxial cable jack which can hook directly to a cable connection. Apple Video Player lets you watch TV, and it has such features as parental control, channel programming and naming, and closed captioning. Includes a remote control which can control TV and CD player functions. Damn cool!
-Video input card - lets you connect a camcorder, VCR, or even a gaming console. I have indeed played Super Nintendo on it.
-Ethernet card - connect to today's high speed networks

Apple 14" display

ZipPlus 100 drive - faster than a standard Zip drive, and also supports both SCSI and Parallel connections, Mac and PC.

PlainTalk mic

Keyboard and mouse - I actually like this keyboard better than the latest Pro keyboards. It has a really nice feel to it.

So, if you are interested, make me an offer at [email protected]. I can't make any guarantees that I'll accept it - it's still a great computer despite its age, and it's still useful to me, so I'm not going to unload it for pennies. But make me an offer, and I'll see what I can do.
Fyre4ce

Let it burn.

mattstoton
Senior User
Mar 16, 2002, 01:56 PM

How much for just the TV tuner and remote?
New sig coming soon. Yes, it will violate the sig guidelines :p

Fyre4ce  (op)
Mac Elite
Mar 16, 2002, 02:50 PM

I'm very reluctant to sell off only the tuner and remote. First of all, I'm not sure where the original backing plates are, so it might end up with gaping holes in the back. And also, it really adds to the value of the package. I'm not saying I won't sell it, but I doubt you'd we willing to pay enough to make it worth it for me. Sorry.

Note: The kit that I bought includes the tuner, the remote, and the video input card. If I were going to sell it, I would sell all three.
Fyre4ce

Let it burn.

Fyre4ce  (op)
Mac Elite
Mar 22, 2002, 01:18 AM

Bringing this back up to the top...
Fyre4ce

Let it burn.

Danny Ricci
Mar 22, 2002, 02:47 AM

How much were you thinking of charging? Sounds like a loaded system. I may be interested in upgrading from my 6220 Performa which is missing a lot of stuff.

Rev2Liv
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 22, 2002, 09:53 AM

Not to be an a__shole since i'm sure you've invested alot of time and moeny upgrading your machine, but an 8.4gig drive these days is worth around $10, and same for the 64mb 72pin stick or RAM. Also as a legacy machine, that severly limits future functionality. Though I do remember the 603e 180mhz in my old PB2400 performing quite well. The TV tuner card is prolly worth more than the machine itself so instead of bundling them together, it may be more "lucrative" to sell them separately.

-ben

[ 03-22-2002: Message edited by: Rev2Liv ]
2011 27" iMac: Core i7 3.4ghz, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD/1TB HD,

Forum Links
Forum Rules