Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > TechTV on the iMac G4 & Gaming

TechTV on the iMac G4 & Gaming
Bockie
Mac Elite
Mar 1, 2002, 05:00 PM

Here's a favorable article from TechTV's Extended Play on the situation of Mac gaming.

I especially like the quote by Michael Rogers, President of Aspyr Media:
We're not trying to get every single game that's out there to come out for the Mac. The market doesn't support it, and frankly there aren't always that many good [peecee] games.
It's good that Paul Allen's company is finally starting to illuminate the benefits of the Mac platform. Either that or maybe it was part of the M$ settlement.
09.11.01 - UNITED WE STAND

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Mar 3, 2002, 03:53 AM

That was a nice article indeed; thank you for posting it Bockie. Especially positive was the comment that the Mac platform is a filter for the best PC games to pass through. I don't know if that's entirely true, but it makes for nice propaganda.

Speaking of Microsoft, even though it wasn't mentioned in that particular article, I'm wondering if they're ever going to do anything to support Mac gaming. Wasn't a major focus of some past Macworld the formation of a partnership between MS and Apple to bring great games to the Mac? Maybe I'm dreaming, but I thought that was the case. I guess it never came to fruition. So much for the benevolence of Microsoft.

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

x user
Mac Elite
Mar 4, 2002, 01:18 AM

Yeah, when MS bought bungie they said they were going to port ALL their games to mac. Including FS2002, which I'm really waiting for.

druber
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 4, 2002, 03:23 PM

Good ol'-fashioned pipe dream to expect MS to port them *all*. They aren't doing nothing, though. Keep the names "Bold" and "Destineer" handy. Hopefully they'll be useful in the future..
Help find a cure for Malaria: crunch D2OL for Team Macnn.

Danny Ricci
Mar 5, 2002, 08:54 AM

Is TechTV getting better with Macs? I used to be a Screen Savers fan but I just stoped watching the channel completly for my new years resolution because I am sick of "XP" this and "XP" that.. They use 100% XP machines for all demos, it's just nasty so I got sick of it.

fulmer
Professional Poster
Mar 6, 2002, 04:40 PM

Originally posted by Danny Ricci:
<STRONG>Is TechTV getting better with Macs? I used to be a Screen Savers fan but I just stoped watching the channel completly for my new years resolution because I am sick of "XP" this and "XP" that.. They use 100% XP machines for all demos, it's just nasty so I got sick of it.</STRONG>
the screensavers show is pretty good with the mac stuff as long as leo is on. the other guys will whack-a-mac any chance they get.

juanvaldes
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 6, 2002, 06:15 PM

Originally posted by fulmer:
<STRONG>

the screensavers show is pretty good with the mac stuff as long as leo is on. the other guys will whack-a-mac any chance they get.</STRONG>
THE WORST is Chris (I'm a windows tool) parrelo (or how ever you spell that little ****s name). The other dude on Screen Savers at times is at least open to apple. I like the stoner like dude that subs in when Leo is not there or at a convention. He is pro mac.
The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it always to be kept alive.
- Thomas Jefferson, 1787

Forum Links
Forum Rules