Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > dp4 on imac 333mgz

dp4 on imac 333mgz
in the flesh?
Forum Regular
Jun 8, 2000, 05:22 PM

has anyone tried to install dp4 on their imac 333mgz, if so tell me how it worked out

bobo
Jun 8, 2000, 06:14 PM

i had it on my reb b imac (233), and it 's great. i mean it's much improved over dp3, just like many others said. but it's not consumer ready. you can't use it as your main OS. all in all, it's great

Dragonlance
Jun 8, 2000, 06:32 PM

i had it running on my 333 Mhz w/ 32 MB of RAm, and it was unbearibly slow.i think if you have more RAm on your machine (like 128+ MB), install it its a dream to use. good luck

xaos19
Jun 22, 2000, 07:57 PM

I have tried it and no luck! iMac 333 , 96mb RAM. I get the broken system folder. I have reformated a hundered times, zapped and booted from cd and os 9 only. The installer launches, and then it tells me it will reboot the machine to install. Boom! Thats all she does. I have all the latest firmware updates. Using advanced options in the sys disk utility -> diagnostics, I get waiting/searching for root filesystem... indefinately repeating the phrase every minute.... Good Luck....
Tips welcomed...

Xaos

PierrotIV
Jun 26, 2000, 12:21 PM

I've got the same problem on 2 iMacs 350 with 64 and 128 Mo, slot loading CDs. The CD is working cause I've installed on a G3 and a 233 iMac with 32Mo...

Originally posted by xaos19:
I have tried it and no luck! iMac 333 , 96mb RAM. I get the broken system folder. I have reformated a hundered times, zapped and booted from cd and os 9 only. The installer launches, and then it tells me it will reboot the machine to install. Boom! Thats all she does. I have all the latest firmware updates. Using advanced options in the sys disk utility -> diagnostics, I get waiting/searching for root filesystem... indefinately repeating the phrase every minute.... Good Luck....
Tips welcomed...

Xaos

Burner
Jun 27, 2000, 04:11 AM

I have an iMac 333- I installed it flawlessly, ran it for a couple of weeks, then erased it because I wanted to reformat the drive. When I tried to reinstall it, it wouldn't work- the disk would just spin forever. Long story short- my disk went bad. Burned disks don't last forever. Mine (a memorex) died in about three weeks. Just a thought.

Forum Links
Forum Rules