Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > iLife '05 Shipping

iLife '05 Shipping
JHromadka
Mac Elite
Jan 20, 2005, 11:28 AM

Just got an email confirmation from Apple that my iLife '05 Family Pack has shipped. FedEx says it will arrive on Friday.

Josh Reid
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 20, 2005, 03:47 PM

Which shipping method did you select? Did they upgrade from the free standard, or did you choose Fedex in the beginning?

Thanks!

robby818
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 20, 2005, 04:29 PM

Mine arrived today 1/20 12:00 pm. I selected free shipping. I ordered on 1/12. I live in glendale,ca.

JHromadka  (op)
Mac Elite
Jan 20, 2005, 06:26 PM

Originally posted by Josh Reid:
Which shipping method did you select? Did they upgrade from the free standard, or did you choose Fedex in the beginning?

Thanks!
They upgraded from free shipping to 2 day.

bbales
Mac Elite
Jan 20, 2005, 06:41 PM

I think I chose standard shipping. Just checked my status and it's shipped! It's guaranteed before 10:30 a.m. Friday. Interestingly, my iWorks shipped YESTERDAY and should arrive Friday also, but before 4:30 p.m.

mdc
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 20, 2005, 10:23 PM

iworks and ilife shipped together yesterday, they arrive tomorrow.

bbales
Mac Elite
Jan 21, 2005, 10:32 AM

Ditto for me (althought "tomorrow" is now "today!"

Interestingly, they both took the exact same route, from Tennessee to Illinois, but separately, even to arriving in Chicago at separate times and arriving at the delivery facility at separate times. I'm thinking they're also on two different delivery trucks as well.

Kind of biazarre -- but Fed Ex has built up a good business and I think the execs know what they're doing.

lavar78
Professional Poster
Jan 21, 2005, 10:46 AM

Mine shipped separately and took different routes. One even said it was going to be delivered on Monday! Thankfully, they're both on the truck for delivery.

"I'm virtually bursting with adequatulence!" - Bill McNeal, NewsRadio

Josh Reid
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 21, 2005, 10:49 AM

...Mine was still shipped via Parcel/Ground, but b/c it is coming from close-by in NY to NYC, it is scheduled for delivery today. I must say I am impressed. I ordered around 3pm ET yesterday via the education store, and it is out for delivery today. It's going to my apartment..and I forgot to leave a note for the UPS man...hope he leaves it anyhow!

tikki
Mac Elite
Jan 21, 2005, 11:35 AM

Got mine. FedEx loves me. iPhoto 5 is nice (the sole reason I bought it). I am not sure, but I don't think the batch photo operations were available before 5? If so, they are a godsend.

tkmd
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 21, 2005, 11:40 AM

I was never a fan of iPhoto because of the programs tendancy to reorganize my pictures. But I tried iPhoto5 and I have to say that I am impressed with it based on one feature- the ability to be able to send a photo to Mail and have it be resized !
Pismo 400 | Powerbook 1.5 GHz | MacPro 2.66/6GB/7300GT

azdude
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 21, 2005, 11:46 AM

Originally posted by tkmd:
I was never a fan of iPhoto because of the programs tendancy to reorganize my pictures. But I tried iPhoto5 and I have to say that I am impressed with it based on one feature- the ability to be able to send a photo to Mail and have it be resized !
iPhoto 4 could do that fine. Right?
17" 2.33GHz C2D MacBook Pro / 320GB / 2GB

cpac
Professional Poster
Jan 21, 2005, 11:52 AM

Originally posted by azdude:
iPhoto 4 could do that fine. Right?
yes it could/can.
cpac

Buck_W
Senior User
Jan 21, 2005, 01:42 PM

I ordered both iLife and iWorks the day after Job's keynote at Macworld. iLife shipped on the 19th and arrived today. iWorks shipped on the 20th, but FedEx is claiming that it won't be delivered until the 24th because they don't deliver on Saturdays. Apple claims that FedEx 2 Day service does deliver on Saturdays to residential addresses. So. . . . maybe it will come tomorrow, maybe on Monday.
17" MacBook Pro 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo | 320G HD | 8 GB RAM | 10.10.3

ccrider
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 22, 2005, 01:57 AM

What�s new in iDVD 5.0

iDVD 5 adds many new features that make DVD creation faster and easier, with more professional results than ever.

New Themes With Dynamic Drop Zones: iDVD 5 continues the tradition of delivering the most exciting and innovative theme designs available for your DVDs. The new, Apple-designed themes include dynamic, moving drop zones that take your navigation menus to the next level�making your DVD more visually exciting and professional than ever.

OneStep DVD: When you just need to transfer your video footage from your camcorder to a disc, iDVD 5 provides a one click, tape-to-DVD solution. Simply plug in your camcorder, click one button, and insert a blank disc. The tape is rewound and your footage is mastered directly to the disc as an auto-play movie, automatically. This makes creating a DVD easier and faster.

High Definition and Widescreen Video: iDVD 5 now imports high definition video (HDV) and 16:9 widescreen formats from iMovie HD. iDVD 5 converts these formats to a standard definition DVD format that allows you to create the coolest-looking DVDs, while retaining the highest quality video.

Disc Image Support: iDVD 5 provides a great way to save duplicates of your finished projects directly to your hard disk. Use disc image support to save your project in final form, or to quickly duplicate a disc at any time. Since disc images have been fully encoded, you can burn them to blank DVDs whenever you want, without having to wait for encoding.

Full Format Support: Virtually any DVD media available is now compatible with iDVD, including -R, +R, and even +RW and �RW on some SuperDrives.

Additional enhancements:

� Enhanced DVD Map: Beyond the convenience and power of navigating your entire project, now you can edit your DVD right in the map view. Change themes, remove items, or add movies, slideshows, and buttons with drag-and-drop ease. Even zoom in or out for a detailed close-up view or a bird's-eye perspective.

� Detailed Burn Progress: See exactly where you are in the process of burning your DVD with new progress feedback. Stage-by stage indicators with detailed progress bars�and even a live video thumbnail�show you exactly where you are in the burning progress.

� Transitions for Individual Buttons: iDVD 5 lets you set your own custom transitions for each button on your DVD menus.

� Optimized Editing: iDVD 5�s increased performance makes creating and editing your DVD responsive and quick.

Enhanced iLife Support:

� iMovie HD: Support for new iMovie HD formats, including high definition video, MPEG-4, iSight, and 16:9 widescreen movies.

� iTunes: iTunes playlist support gives you the ability to use any of your custom playlists in iDVD.

� iPhoto: Drag your iPhoto albums directly into iDVD, even new iPhoto folders. Access iPhoto�s movie clips and add them to your DVD. Save RAW originals of your photos, when you specify Save to DVD-ROM.

ccrider
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 22, 2005, 01:58 AM

What's new in iPhoto 5.0

Amazing new iPhoto books: Now iPhoto books come in three all-new sizes at three new low prices. A variety of new themes and backgrounds let you create the perfect book for any occasion, and the new book-building feature in iPhoto is so easy you'll have your personalized book done in no time. Large keepsake iPhoto books are a great way to preserve your most important memories; and the new large, medium, and small "credit card-sized" books make fun, low-cost gifts for friends and family. Go to www.apple.com/iphoto for more information about sizes and prices.

Fully customizable cinematic slideshows: iPhoto slideshows are all new, with more options than ever before. Add different transitions between each photo, set your favorite shots to stay onscreen for a longer duration if you'd like, or let iPhoto automatically sync your slideshow to the length of your music so both end simultaneously. The new slideshow controls in iPhoto makes it easy.

Support for video clips: In addition to taking still photographs, taking short video clips with your digital camera is a great way to enhance your memories of an event. iPhoto 5 can import the video clips seamlessly and store them right alongside your photos. Just double-click a clip to play it, or drag several clips into iMovie to easily make a short film.

Faster and easier editing: Better automatic red-eye correction, a more effective one-click Enhance feature, and new editing options like Exposure, Color Adjustment, and Saturation make fixing those not-so-perfect shots easier than ever�and faster, too. All of iPhoto 5's editing tools have been sped up considerably, so you can get your photos looking their best in no time at all. (A G4 processor or faster is required for advanced editing.)

Support for photos taken in RAW format: Taking photos in RAW format lets you save every bit of photographic detail as part of the actual photo file, giving you the highest fidelity image possible with your camera. Importing, viewing, and editing these RAW files has traditionally been difficult. Not any more. iPhoto 5 imports RAW photos just like any other photo, organizes them right next to the rest of your shots, and lets you edit them using a new suite of advanced editing tools designed to give RAW photographers all the options they need to create the perfect image. (Mac OS X version 10.3.6 is required for importing and editing photos in RAW format.)

Find photos in an instant: iPhoto's unique calendar pane and seamless tagging and searching makes locating photos a snap. Just click the calendar to find photos by the year, month, week, or day they were taken. And now, you can add information to photos automatically when importing so you can search for them more effectively later. With the new, iTunes-like search feature, you can find your photos instantly using date, time, keywords, or comments.

Even tighter iLife integration: All your digital media�your songs and music, photos and video clips�work together to create slideshows and movies that you can share via email, on the web or on DVD. Drag and drop slideshows directly to iDVD, or drag and drop photos or video clips directly to iMovie or iDVD. Sharing between the iLife applications has never been easier.

And more! For a complete list of new features and improvements in iPhoto 5, go to www.apple.com/iphoto, or look in iPhoto Help, available in the Help menu when iPhoto is open.

ccrider
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 22, 2005, 01:59 AM

What�s new in iMovie HD

iMovie HD adds many new features that make movie making faster and easier, with more professional results than ever:

Support for High Definition (HD). iMovie HD continues to lead with support for the most advanced standards and cameras. Import high definition widescreen video (HDV 720p and 1080i) from the latest HD cameras. Do everything you expect from iMovie HD with HD content; edit, add effects, and share.

Support for More Video Formats and Devices. More choices to use even the smallest and most affordable video cameras, including support for MPEG-4 from flash media video devices. Natively capture from iSight without converting formats. iMovie HD also supports 16:9 widescreen standard definition DV.

Automated Movie Making with Magic iMovie. Just plug in your camcorder and iMovie HD automatically imports and arranges your video on the timeline, creating a movie from start to finish�optionally adding titles, transitions, chapter markers, and even a soundtrack. Even send to iDVD, automatically.

Editing Is Faster and Easier. Creating even the most advanced projects in iMovie HD is fast and easy with dramatically increased overall performance, including launching, editing, and saving�no matter how large or complex your project. Copy and paste clips between iMovie HD projects, and even drag and drop clips to and from the Timeline. Even rearrange your clips in the Timeline.

More Special Effects. Enhance your movies with even more choices to add style and excitement to your movie with new video effects and additional new Skywalker Sound effects.

Even Tighter iLife Integration. All your digital media�your songs and music, photos and movies�work together to create movies and slideshows that you can share via email, on the web or on DVD.

� iDVD: iMovie HD automatically sends your Magic iMovie to iDVD. Even drag and drop video clips directly to from iMovie HD to iDVD drop zones.

� iPhoto: Browse and select video clips and photos directly from the iPhoto browser.

� iTunes: iTunes playlist support gives you the ability to use any of your custom playlists in iMovie HD.

ccrider
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 22, 2005, 02:01 AM

About GarageBand 2

GarageBand is the iLife music application that makes it easy to create your own original songs. You can record guitars, Software Instruments, and any instrument that can be captured by a microphone; use Apple Loops as backing tracks; arrange, mix, and add effects to your song; then export your finished song to an iTunes playlist. You can play the song in iTunes, burn it on a CD, download it to an iPod, or import it into iMovie, iPhoto, iDVD, or other programs that support audio.

GarageBand 2 lets you view and edit Software Instrument tracks as music notation, record up to eight Real Instrument tracks and one Software Instrument track at the same time, enhance the tuning and timing of Real Instrument tracks, and match the tempo and key of Real Instrument recordings to the song's tempo and key. You can also create your own Apple Loops; import MIDI, Apple Lossless, and ACID format files; use Musical Typing to play Software Instruments using your computer keyboard; choose which loops are shown in the loop browser; tune Real Instruments using the built-in tuner; lock tracks to protect them and render them to disk; use pan curves to pan tracks over time; and use the master pitch curve to transpose a song to different key. GarageBand 2 also includes new Software Instruments and effects.

Fritzi
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 22, 2005, 04:56 AM

Could someone please post the build numbers of iMovie and iPhoto?

I'm having some issues concerning date display here...

mdc
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 22, 2005, 10:49 AM

iMovie HD 5.0 (v94)
iPhoto 5.0 (226)

not accusing you of course, but you put a thought into my mind. does anyone know if those version iLife and iWork downloads that were doing the rounds were current or prerelease?

MacGorilla
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 22, 2005, 10:54 AM

The non public release Pages doesn't have a build number, just "Pages 1.0 NFR Release"
Power Macintosh Dual G4
SGI Indigo2 6.5.21f

Fritzi
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 22, 2005, 02:52 PM

Originally posted by MacGorilla:
The non public release Pages doesn't have a build number, just "Pages 1.0 NFR Release"
Well, you're right. Sorry for the hassle...

Thanks anyway!

Fritzi
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 22, 2005, 02:58 PM

Originally posted by mdc:
iMovie HD 5.0 (v94)
iPhoto 5.0 (226)

not accusing you of course, but you put a thought into my mind. does anyone know if those version iLife and iWork downloads that were doing the rounds were current or prerelease?
My copy is ordered anyway but we Europeans need to wait even a week longer. And I was just too excited - so I couldn't resist...

As for the builds - that's the ones I'm using. I'm running an English OS X but with German date and number settings. Somehow iPhoto gets confused by this and has some problems while displaying time during batch change and when changing dates for a single picture in the lower left information pane.

As soon as my official copy is here, I'll file a bug report...

mdc
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 22, 2005, 10:31 PM

could someone confirm this for me.

double click a photo so that it is in edit mode.
select an area
drag the zoom

does it zoom to the selected area or does it cancel the selection and zoom to the center of the image?

iphoto 4 used to zoom to the selection. [my] iphoto5 is canceling the selection and zooming to the center of the image. i liked the zoom to selection feature.

Nodnarb
Mac Elite
Jan 23, 2005, 11:34 AM

Originally posted by mdc:
could someone confirm this for me.

double click a photo so that it is in edit mode.
select an area
drag the zoom

does it zoom to the selected area or does it cancel the selection and zoom to the center of the image?

iphoto 4 used to zoom to the selection. [my] iphoto5 is canceling the selection and zooming to the center of the image. i liked the zoom to selection feature.
It's not just your iPhoto, mine does it as well. Why did they take away that feature?

Forum Links
Forum Rules