Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Would You Do This For $10,000.00?

Would You Do This For $10,000.00? (Page 2)
parallax
Admin Emeritus
Jul 3, 2005, 12:39 PM

It would have to be a point at which I feel that I'd be doing an injustice to society by not taking the money and doing something good with it... which is a helluva lot more than $10k and a helluva lot more than $10M.

What a good move by goldenpalace.com. This is brilliant and hilarious.

What the mother did is wrong on so many levels I wouldn't even know where to begin to start. I would be very surprised if $10k of private education could undo the stupidity she has just imparted onto her son.
"Against stupidity, the gods themselves contend in vain" (Schiller)

d0ubled0wn
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 3, 2005, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by tavilach
... They described the business model, which is essentially a legal pyramid scheme. Of course, it is legal, and I figured I could make a lot of money ...
It's easy to get suckered into pyramid schemes, especially when a friend is pitching it to you. Unfortunately, I know from experience. A friend at work has been sucked into one of these and he is wholly convinced he'll be financially secure in 5 years. He spends much time and money going to the seminars, reading books and listening to tapes, showing plans to recruit others. In all honesty, I hope it works out for him and he does achieve his goals. But I believe it will just end in disappointment for him. It's too bad because he really is a decent person with good intentions.

Forum Links
Forum Rules