Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Shipping times on MBP now 7-10 days

Shipping times on MBP now 7-10 days (Page 3)
Jondot
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 18, 2007, 04:27 PM

Don't worry, it won't be long

I might do, I don't know really. It depends on the price really, seeing that I've just spent £1200 and I still have software to buy . This is the first Apple I've owned (aside from my iPod) so it's not as though I'm desperate to upgrade or anything. But you never know...

Hope you get yours soon! (That goes for everyone who's still waiting, btw )

~bash $
Forum Regular
Sep 18, 2007, 04:49 PM

Do you have any way of testing your left USB port to see if it will power a bus powered external USB device? Especially in comparison with your right port? I've seen now several different gen MBPs exhibit the same problem with the USB I described above. If according to Apple this is not the way it should be, then they might have a global problem of some scale.

Dwood30
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 18, 2007, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by ~bash $ View Post
Do you have any way of testing your left USB port to see if it will power a bus powered external USB device? Especially in comparison with your right port? I've seen now several different gen MBPs exhibit the same problem with the USB I described above. If according to Apple this is not the way it should be, then they might have a global problem of some scale.
bash your making me nervous over here! LOL

~bash $
Forum Regular
Sep 18, 2007, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by Dwood30 View Post
bash your making me nervous over here! LOL
Haha, no reason to be nervous. The more I read about it from the apple discussion, the more I realize that it's probably just the way it is ....

That was *supposed* to make ya feel better ..

Dwood30
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 19, 2007, 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by ~bash $ View Post
Haha, no reason to be nervous. The more I read about it from the apple discussion, the more I realize that it's probably just the way it is ....

That was *supposed* to make ya feel better ..
Whewwww!!! haha. Nah, ever since i officially made the purchase i've been reading alot of stuff about the macbooks in general that wasn't to good. But i guess the truth of the matter is, is that when you have 100 different companies making pc's you dont hear all the complaints but when theres only one company involved (apple) then the problem seems compounded more than it really is.

Dwood30
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 20, 2007, 09:26 AM

I just tracked my package, on truck for delivery!!! One day early, that was very fast. shanghai, anchorage, memphis to Louisiana in like 4 days

dvenne
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 21, 2007, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Dwood30 View Post
I just tracked my package, on truck for delivery!!! One day early, that was very fast. shanghai, anchorage, memphis to Louisiana in like 4 days
Mine might of done the trip with yours. Mine arrived from Memphis yesterday, but I wasn't there to receive it.

Dwood30
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 25, 2007, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by dvenne View Post
Mine might of done the trip with yours. Mine arrived from Memphis yesterday, but I wasn't there to receive it.
Maybe, did you get it yet? I got mine last Thursday. My first mac, so im still figuring it out but i think im going to be happy with it.

Simon
Posting Junkie
Sep 25, 2007, 09:19 AM

Mine's just arrived.

It was CTO but boy did that take long: ordered Sep 1, shipped Sep 14, arrived in Europe Sep 25.

malone  (op)
Forum Regular
Sep 25, 2007, 01:26 PM

Anyone else find it strange that they still haven't solved the supply problem? I started this thread in early July, and now it's nearly October and it's *still* 7-10 days! I don't ever remember any other Mac being on such long shipping times, even months after its release.

I presume it's still the LED LCDs that's the bottleneck?

dvenne
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 25, 2007, 09:54 PM

yes I got it on Friday but as I posted in another tread, my charger went up in smoke. By monday morning, Apple already had another one at my door. Not bad since I live in Nova Scotia and the charger was sent from California.

Jondot
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 27, 2007, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by malone View Post
Anyone else find it strange that they still haven't solved the supply problem? I started this thread in early July, and now it's nearly October and it's *still* 7-10 days! I don't ever remember any other Mac being on such long shipping times, even months after its release.

I presume it's still the LED LCDs that's the bottleneck?
I'm guessing so. I think I read somewhere that they're causing the delays (but don't quote me on that).

Anywho, I'm enjoying my MBP . It's taken a little getting used to, although not necessarily because of the Mac its self. It's things like shortcuts that I always get mixed up, but only because I use Windows on other PCs a fair bit and then try to do the same command on this. It's made worse by the fact that Windows in bootcamp requires different controls still (ie two fingers + click for right click), but hey. Overall I'm impressed

UnixMac
Mac Elite
Sep 28, 2007, 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by Simon View Post
Macs have been coming from China for several years. And why do we do it? Because everybody else does it. Why does everybody do it? Because it's dirt cheap. Politics, ethics, etc. all goes straight out the window as soon as people realize they can have other people build their stuff for 2¢ an hour.
So true, and so sad.. the Walmartization of America and the world!

I wish we'd be more like the French in how we run our economy.. It would actually work if all modern nations did it, but it only take a few spoilers to outsource to cheaper labor markets and then the rest have to follow to compete..

Never thought I'd have anything nice to say about the surrender frogs!
Mac Pro 3.0, ATI 5770 1GB VRAM, 10GB, 2xVelociraptor boot RAID, 4.5TB RAID0 storage, 30" & 20" Apple displays.
2 x Macbook Pro's 17" 3.06 4 GB RAM, 256GB Solid State drives
iMac 17" Core Duo 1GB RAM, & 2 iPhones 8GB, and a Nano in a pear tree!
Apple user since 1981

malone  (op)
Forum Regular
Oct 6, 2007, 05:48 PM

Update: it seems the 2.4GHz 15" are now shipping in 1-3 days (interesting swap with the 17", which is now at 7-10).

Felix
Forum Regular
Oct 9, 2007, 08:34 AM

Mine (MBP 2.4) was marked "shipped" on the other day. Does each come from China? Est. arrival is Oct 16, but I sort of expect it this week.

Felix
2007 MacBook Pro 2.4 4 GByte RAM 320/7000 HD
2000 Powerbook Pismo G3 500 MHz, 640 MByte RAM, 40 GByte HD, Airport, NewerTech Battery, integrated DVD/CD-R(W) running Mac OS 10.4.11

Simon
Posting Junkie
Oct 9, 2007, 10:14 AM

My BTO 2.4 GHz came from China. Once it shipped (13 days after I ordered), it took another 11 days to reach my doorstep.

Forum Links
Forum Rules