Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > iMovie HD 5.0.2: Audio clipped (not faded) at end

iMovie HD 5.0.2: Audio clipped (not faded) at end
BoulderDash
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 23, 2007, 01:43 PM

Hi there,
I have a 0:04:00 minute video I want to share as an .mov. So, I select "Share > QuickTime > Advanced > etc..." and save it. Here's my problem:

- The 0:08:00 fade out, to black, I want to occur at the end of the video only works for video... the audio is simply clipped (muted).

It works as intended when viewing in iMovie... but in the saved .mov I exported, it clips the audio at the end. Does anyone know what the problem is?

Adding to my confusion is the fact that I have done this once in the past (with a 0:07:00 minute video) and it faded out the final 0:08:00 as intended in the shared .mov (video and audio). When I open both projects, I have the same fade out settings.

Has anyone run into this? It's so annoying to not have the fade out working properly on a shared .mov. Seriously... this is perhaps the most simple thing for which to use iMovie.

Thanks,
BD

roller
Forum Regular
Jun 23, 2007, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by BoulderDash View Post
Hi there,
I have a 0:04:00 minute video I want to share as an .mov. So, I select "Share > QuickTime > Advanced > etc..." and save it. Here's my problem:

- The 0:08:00 fade out, to black, I want to occur at the end of the video only works for video... the audio is simply clipped (muted).

It works as intended when viewing in iMovie... but in the saved .mov I exported, it clips the audio at the end. Does anyone know what the problem is?

Adding to my confusion is the fact that I have done this once in the past (with a 0:07:00 minute video) and it faded out the final 0:08:00 as intended in the shared .mov (video and audio). When I open both projects, I have the same fade out settings.

Has anyone run into this? It's so annoying to not have the fade out working properly on a shared .mov. Seriously... this is perhaps the most simple thing for which to use iMovie.

Thanks,
BD
Try going into the timeline view and clicking at the end of your audio track and dragging the volume line down to the bottom.

Here's a link explaining what to do:

Adjust Audio
My Macs: 15" Macbook Pro, Mac Pro,
Lab of ~ 25 various models purchased over the last eight years

My Sites: AppleBytes: Apple-inspired Tees and more, iSwitched: Guide for Switchers,
Yearbook QR Codes, Yearbook Unlimited

BoulderDash  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 25, 2007, 02:08 PM

Hey there,
Thanks for the time.

What I'm saying is that I've properly set the fade out in iMovie HD... and it "fades out" properly when played in iMovie HD. However, when I "Share" it... is does not fade out properly. It simply stops playing any audio where the fade is supposed to start. No fade, just silence.

So, in a nutshell, I cannot "Share" what I have since when exporting it... it does not export it with the fade out (just a sudden stop in audio).

Have you experienced this? Thanks!
BD

Forum Links
Forum Rules