Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Multiple Divx Files to DVD

Multiple Divx Files to DVD
travisimo
Apr 13, 2008, 10:17 AM

Are there any programs that are capable of doing this? I have VisualHub which works great for a single file but i can not do more than one file per disk.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Apr 13, 2008, 10:57 AM

You want to copy existing DivX files to a DVD? I believe you can just copy them over and burn the DVD. That's what I've done in the past without any problems reading them back or playing them on a DVD player.

travisimo  (op)
Apr 16, 2008, 08:34 AM

I'm sorry i totally forgot to mention the fact that i would like to re encode them to play on a set top DVD player. 4 XviD/Divx Files to a DVD playable on a set top player. Make sense?

Like i said before i have Visual Hub and i can convert 1 divx file for a playable DVD very easily and it works great. I just wish there was a way to do more than 1... Without stitching them all together obviously.

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Apr 16, 2008, 09:05 AM

Is your DVD player capable of playing DivX files? If not, you will need to re-encode them to standard DVD format (mpeg2). The problem with this is that the size of the videos will have to increase as they're converted to mpeg2 and, depending on the length of the videos, you may not be able to fit all of them on one disc. If they will all fit, you'll need to do some DVD authoring.

bishopazrael
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 16, 2008, 09:35 AM

Use Toast Titanium 9. Or 8. I have both and they work just fine.
Backups are like guns and condoms. It's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

JellyBeen
Senior User
Apr 16, 2008, 10:01 AM

There is always ffmpegX. Much faster.
20"iMac intel 2.66 Duo: 4GB RAM : OS 10.6.6

bishopazrael
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 16, 2008, 01:08 PM

Ok sorry I didn't expound on this earlier...I was in a rush to get to the bank.

Ok so with toast t 9 or even 8 all you have to do is select DVD Video and drop your files into the drag and drop area and tell it to burn. Very simple and it works exceedingly well. I've been burning downloads of Battlestar Galactica for my mom who only has a dvd player. I can usually fit around 3 episodes on a disc at a time. It's an easy way to drop multiple episodes in a disc and order them correctly.
Backups are like guns and condoms. It's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

Forum Links
Forum Rules