Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Steve Jobs' email or regular address?

Steve Jobs' email or regular address?
pete
Mac Elite
Aug 9, 2001, 01:07 PM

I would like to send either an email or letter to Steve Jobs - does anybody know of a way to ensure that he actually gets it?

I sent one to [email protected] and so far it has not been returned but who know what happens at the other end....

Thanks!

Pete

The Dude
Banned
Aug 9, 2001, 01:20 PM

If the email is important enough to warrant a reply, then you'll get one. No doubt about that. But if it's just an email saying "YOU SUCK STEVE!", don't count on a reply.

<Snide>
Aug 9, 2001, 01:29 PM

It's a billion-to-one shot that he would answer an email personally. His email is handled by his staff.

That is, unless you have his REAL personal email address, which probably ten people in the whole world know what that is.

pete  (op)
Mac Elite
Aug 9, 2001, 01:35 PM

I realize it's a far shot to email him. Has anybody ever received a reply at [email protected]? What about sending a letter? How could I ensure that he gets it ? I used to live in Palo Alto very near his house, but I don't remember his address...damn.

Any other suggestions?

Pete

Valentine
Aug 9, 2001, 02:44 PM

How about addressing a snail mail to him at the Cupertino HQ address, certify it, "deliver to addressee only" and "return receipt requested"?

He, or his staff, could refuse it, though.

CityGuy2003
Aug 9, 2001, 03:11 PM

i think that email would be very hard to do. looking at the apple public relations website it appears that there is no "uniform" system to apple's upper level email address. some are just last names, some are last names and first initials, some are first initials and last names, and some are first names and last initials, and some have numbers. for this reason, while their might be a [email protected] email address its not neccesarily the one steve uses.

i like the certified mail idea though.

CityGuy2003
Aug 9, 2001, 03:15 PM

i forgot something! its about mailing a letter. you might have a better chance of it being considered "real" if it is sent to the office fo the ceo, instead of just to apple. for example, for financial information you contact the cfo. his address is

Apple
1 Infinite Loop
MS: 301-CFO
Cupertino, CA 95014 USA

the question is: what follows the "ms" for the ceo? maybe something like "300-CEO"

just a thought

CommonSense
Forum Regular
Aug 9, 2001, 03:23 PM

Actually, I can say, with nearly 100% certainty, that Steve's e-mail address is, in fact, [email protected]. About a year ago, I e-mailed him the URL of my website (http://www.****microsoft.com, where the censored part is "the F word"), followed by, "Enjoy. :-)"

Meanwhile, I was watching my server logs with a UNIX tail -f command. Back then, I didn't get a whole lot of traffic, so this was easy to do. Well, within a few minutes, I got a hit from pixar.com, and it was on a Mac OS X machine running an OmniWeb preview. (In March, 2000, OS X and OmniWeb were both in preview releases.)

No response to the e-mail, though, but . . . I'd have to say that's pretty decent evidence that [email protected] mail goes to Steve directly.

pete  (op)
Mac Elite
Aug 9, 2001, 03:25 PM

I also tried [email protected] and [email protected]. Who knows where these go.....they never came back to me. I will send a real letter too, using ups but I doubt he will get it directly, no matter what I write on the outside. There must be a way...there's certainly a will!

Pete

CityGuy2003
Aug 9, 2001, 03:32 PM

thats pretty funny, if it was really steve checking out your site

CityGuy2003
Aug 9, 2001, 03:37 PM

just out of curiosity i checked out the pixar website. first of all the site sucks! but thats not really what i wanted to say. what i wanted to mention was i thought it was funny that pixar's website is hosted by Sun computers!

ussfolsom
Forum Regular
Aug 9, 2001, 03:49 PM

I know someone who sent him a letter (I think by e-mail) and got a reply. I think it all depends on if he feels like replying or not, just like the rest of us. Not sure where he sent it though.

Atomic Beat Boy
Aug 9, 2001, 06:32 PM

I sent him a Happy Birthday email to [email protected], and got a short reply "Thanks, [Atomic Beat Boy]/Steve", sent from [email protected] with *NeXT*, which I was forced to complain about. Surprisingly enough, no response to that one.

pete  (op)
Mac Elite
Aug 9, 2001, 08:03 PM

Another funny development. I sent a copy of my letter to [email protected] thinking that it might get to S. Jobs and got a friendly reply saying that the recipient wasn't THAT Steve and that I should try resending my letter to [email protected].... so maybe that is the correct address after all.

Pete

GK
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 10, 2001, 06:26 PM

Try fedexing your letter.

Kozmik
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 10, 2001, 07:54 PM

Why is this in the PowerBook forum???
<A HREF="http://www.macnet2.com/cgi-bin/Ultimate.cgi" TARGET=_blank>
MacNet v2 Forums</A>

pete  (op)
Mac Elite
Aug 10, 2001, 08:20 PM

Sorry. It's in here because the letter is about my terrible experience my POWERBOOKS/Apple recently. Please see my other thread.

Thanks

Pete

alphamatrix
Senior User
Aug 10, 2001, 08:38 PM

[email protected] works i didnt get a reply form steve but i got referred to the proper person i.e a Apple education rep for my area.

cbr600f4
Forum Regular
Aug 12, 2001, 01:13 AM

I got a real reply from Steve once. Had it verified, but had enough proof when I e-mailed him at Apple and the response came from the Pixar server. Think that was enough!

Later
Nick

Joelwins
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 13, 2001, 08:50 AM

I'm certain that I remember reading an article in a UK Mac magazine about Apple's launch of iTools. If I remember it correctly, it claimed that Steve Jobs proundly announced that he had grabbed the address, "[email protected]"

Might be worth a try....

car5001
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 13, 2001, 01:01 PM

Originally posted by Joelwins:
<STRONG>I'm certain that I remember reading an article in a UK Mac magazine about Apple's launch of iTools. If I remember it correctly, it claimed that Steve Jobs proundly announced that he had grabbed the address, "[email protected]"

Might be worth a try....</STRONG>
I emailed steve at this address concerning a problem I was having with the adc(Apple Developer Connection), and he responded the next day.

car5001

fmalloy
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 13, 2001, 02:41 PM

I saw Steve just this Saturday night at the wonderful Stanford theatre in Palo Alto, which shows only old B&W movies. For those Steve fanatics, he was wearing a grubby denim shirt and shorts. The movie was Otto Preminger's "Laura".

So if you'd like to state your case in person, start hanging out at the Stanford theatre.

tomatohead
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 15, 2001, 08:25 AM

Originally posted by Joelwins:
<STRONG>I'm certain that I remember reading an article in a UK Mac magazine about Apple's launch of iTools. If I remember it correctly, it claimed that Steve Jobs proundly announced that he had grabbed the address, "[email protected]"

Might be worth a try....</STRONG>
you're correct he's got it, because homepage.mac.com/steve is his page (although it's more marketing bumf than an actual site.) Check out his resume, it's quite good.

Gene Jockey
Mac Elite
Aug 18, 2001, 05:22 PM

LOL! I like the bit in his resume about his employment at Apple '76-'86:

"Learned many things, including do's and don'ts for building executive teams."

You sure did, Steve.

Forum Links
Forum Rules