Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Polaroid Camera?

Polaroid Camera?
air
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 26, 2006, 11:26 PM

I am thinking about buying a polaroid camera. I want to buy one off ebay. I dont care if its used or anything, but what model do i want? The 600? is the film expensive?

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 27, 2006, 12:20 AM

"Everything's so clear to me now: I'm the keeper of the cheese and you're the lemon merchant. Get it? And he knows it.
That's why he's gonna kill us. So we got to beat it. Yeah. Before he let's loose the marmosets on us."
my bandmy web sitemy guitar effectsmy photosfacebookbrightpoint

Kevin
Baninated
Mar 27, 2006, 08:34 AM

Why would you want a polaroid? Horrible pics, etc.

Back in the day the only reason I knew people bought em was to take nude shots of their girlfriend.

shake it like a polaroid pickchaaaaaaaaaaaaa

ghporter
Administrator
Mar 27, 2006, 10:17 AM

Don't shake polaroid prints-the camera spreads the chemicals perfectly well and shaking doesn't help the development process. It also could dislodge parts of the picture and cause it to be spoiled.

And as kevin says, why do you need a Polaroid anyway? Legal reasons?

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

wdlove
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 27, 2006, 12:16 PM

I wish you all the best with your purchase. If you have a need, then no reason not to make the purchase.

"Never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never - in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense." Winston Churchill

Mastrap
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 27, 2006, 12:37 PM

Polaroids can look beautiful, especially in black and white. I used an ancient Polaroid for a while, shooting cityscapes. The images looked like they came straight from the 1950s.

You can also use Polaroids, the separating kind, to print on non photographic paper, which again can look absolutely stunning. I would never use a Polaroid as a main camera (too expensive, image quality not high enough) but as an art tool they rock.

DeathToWindows
Professional Poster
Mar 28, 2006, 01:46 PM

I've used some of the weirder polaroids for floating emulsions and polaroid transfers... very cool

Don't try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.

Forum Links
Forum Rules