Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Shipping nightmare

Shipping nightmare
coolphage
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 12, 2003, 06:57 PM

Has anyone had any problems with getting stuff shipped from apple?
I just was told that my powerbook was going to be delayed for the fourth time. So almost a month after I ordered it I might see it.
Anyone else with a similar case. This is mine.
http://forums.macnn.com/showthread.php?threadid=171865
Thanks
Nick
Loving the 12" powerbook.

jsnyder
Forum Regular
Aug 12, 2003, 07:21 PM

Originally posted by coolphage:
Has anyone had any problems with getting stuff shipped from apple?
I just was told that my powerbook was going to be delayed for the fourth time. So almost a month after I ordered it I might see it.
Anyone else with a similar case. This is mine.
http://forums.macnn.com/showthread.php?threadid=171865
Thanks
Nick
Personally I didn't want to deal with waiting on BTO from the online Apple store so I drove about 30 minutes to the closest Apple Store (Tysons Corner) and purchased it in person. You can't do the HDD upgrade, but you can get it decked out otherwise (so long as they've got it in stock), and you can walk out of the store with it.

I'd call Apple Executive Relations. I haven't called them myself, but I believe you can get to them through the main customer relations line. The number for that is: (800) 767-2775. Call them up, CALMLY explain your situation and be firm with them about how you'd like the problem resolved (shipped ASAP, or make one available for pickup at a CO store).

They haven't guaranteed you a ship date so they're not exactly obligated to do something for you, but from what I hear Apple usually at least tries to keep most customers happy if you complain in a calm and constructive way.
MacBook White 2.0 GHz, SuperDrive, 2 GB RAM, 120GB
-jsnyder

cliff
Aug 12, 2003, 07:22 PM

Yes, But mine is whole different nightmare. My PB and Ipod was ordered through The Employee Purchase Program way back in early Dec!! Origianlly I ordered a 15" Ti, when the 17" was announced they gave me a chance to upgrade my order. It kept getting delayed and delayed.. My Ipod *finally* shipped in mid-March. By the end of May I was so frustrated that I cancelled the rest of my order and was going to pick up the PB myself for full price. Guess what? The check never came. Now they don't have a clue about what's up with my order and no one over there is getting back.

And you think you have it bad

Forum Links
Forum Rules