Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > iMac 27in production halted

iMac 27in production halted
Doc HM
Professional Poster
Feb 2, 2010, 11:46 AM

So both 27in configs on the UK apple store have switched to 3 week shipping. Apparently the issues with these Macs have got so bad that Apple has completely shut down the production lines and suspended production/shipping until a proper fix for the flickering/yellow display is produced.

According to the always open and transparent Apple, these delays are due entirely to the popularity of the iMac itself.

riiiight.
This space for Hire! Reasonable rates. Reach an audience of literally dozens!

Simon
Posting Junkie
Feb 2, 2010, 01:23 PM

I don't buy the popularity thing at all. For one Apple has internal memos outlining the issue. But mainly because delays have increased over time and actually became worse after the holiday shopping season. That's not what we have seen in the past with popular Apple product launches. To me it's crystal clear there's a manufacturing/shipping issue.

I also notice that so far the people trying to play down the issue on the web seem to be those who have already bought a new iMac. From a psychological POV I can understand that though.

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Feb 2, 2010, 01:24 PM

Shame on the QA department for letting a shoddy model go out. To be fair, though, Apple's had pretty good QA in the last few years.

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

mduell
Posting Junkie
Feb 2, 2010, 04:44 PM

Apple agrees there are there are yellow issues: An Apple spokesman said again this week that "the 27-inch iMac has been a huge hit with customers and we are working to increase supply to meet up with strong demand." He added that production has continued while the company fixed the problems with flickering screens and yellow-tinted displays.

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Feb 2, 2010, 05:08 PM

Apple denies that the lines have been stopped.

P
Feb 2, 2010, 06:14 PM

There is certainly a shipping issue - we know that already (cracked glass etc). A production issue is possible, at least for the yellowing thing, but the latest research seems to indicate that that is also at least partially due to shipping.

I do not for a second think that the production lines are stopped, however. The massive data gathering on faulty machines shows that the rumors sites were wrong the last time they claimed that production lines were stopped: If you look through the lists, you will see that iMacs have been produced every single week since the launch. How could that be, if the lines were stopped for weeks like the rumor sites claimed?

Now the same sites claim that the lines are stopped again. I bet that it's the same "reliable" source feeding them the intel.
The new Mac Pro has up to 30 MB of cache inside the processor itself. That's more than the HD in my first Mac. Somehow I'm still running out of space.

Doc HM  (op)
Professional Poster
Feb 2, 2010, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by P View Post
There is certainly a shipping issue - we know that already (cracked glass etc). A production issue is possible, at least for the yellowing thing, but the latest research seems to indicate that that is also at least partially due to shipping.

I do not for a second think that the production lines are stopped, however. The massive data gathering on faulty machines shows that the rumors sites were wrong the last time they claimed that production lines were stopped: If you look through the lists, you will see that iMacs have been produced every single week since the launch. How could that be, if the lines were stopped for weeks like the rumor sites claimed?

Now the same sites claim that the lines are stopped again. I bet that it's the same "reliable" source feeding them the intel.
stopped or not there is obviously a policy at apple to stop shipping. It's unheard of for a main stream product not at end of life to suddenly go to 3 weeks shipping from next day. Apple don't want these machines going out.

ibook_steve
Feb 2, 2010, 06:29 PM

From what I read (probably Gizmodo), the yellow issue would not have been caught by QA because it only happened after the machines were shipped. The shipping process shifted glass or a filter or something in the LEDs, causing the problem.

That doesn't mean, of course, that this should not have been caught by vibration testing, if that is the actual cause.

Steve
Celebrating 10 years and 4000 posts on MacNN!

P
Feb 3, 2010, 05:30 AM

Originally Posted by Doc HM View Post
stopped or not there is obviously a policy at apple to stop shipping. It's unheard of for a main stream product not at end of life to suddenly go to 3 weeks shipping from next day. Apple don't want these machines going out.
Stopping shipment is very different from stopping production. One means that there is a temporary delay after which you can quickly catch up the backlog and get back to normal, the other means a more long-standing problem.

If they had heard that outgoing shipments had been stopped, they would have written that outgoing shipments have been stopped. They didn't. They wrote something that was proven incorrect last time, and for this reason I don't trust them or their sources this time.
The new Mac Pro has up to 30 MB of cache inside the processor itself. That's more than the HD in my first Mac. Somehow I'm still running out of space.

P
Feb 3, 2010, 05:34 AM

Originally Posted by ibook_steve View Post
From what I read (probably Gizmodo), the yellow issue would not have been caught by QA because it only happened after the machines were shipped. The shipping process shifted glass or a filter or something in the LEDs, causing the problem.
A diffusion filter for the LED backlight was the way I heard it.

Originally Posted by ibook_steve View Post
That doesn't mean, of course, that this should not have been caught by vibration testing, if that is the actual cause.
As I heard it, this isn't vibration-related - this is related to one big shove knocking something loose. The packaging (which is the thinnest and smallest I've seen for an electronics item) is just not up to the job.

Doc HM  (op)
Professional Poster
Feb 3, 2010, 05:45 AM

As I heard it, this isn't vibration-related - this is related to one big shove knocking something loose. The packaging (which is the thinnest and smallest I've seen for an electronics item) is just not up to the job.
That's still a major QA issue. If you know you are going to be minimising packaging then you really really need to test it. Especially if it's containing a high value item of considerable weight.

Given the severity of the issues and the length of time they have been manifesting I could see why Apple may want to stop churning out thousands and thousands of new iMacs that may need to be recalled for fixing so stopping production does make a lot of sense.

richwig83
Mac Elite
Feb 3, 2010, 06:42 AM

Apple has been using rubbish displays for a few years now.... its about time they realised that they cant keep putting tat in their machines!!

My old macbook might as well have been 256 colours... dreadful panel!
MacBook Pro 2.2 i7 | 4GB | 128GB SSD ~ 500GB+2TB Externals ~ iPhone 4 32GB
Canon 5DII | EF 24-105mm IS USM | EF 100-400mm L IS USM | 50mm 1.8mkII
iMac | Mac Mini | 42" Panasonic LED HDTV | PS3

Eriamjh
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 3, 2010, 08:06 AM

AppleInsider reports that the line has not stopped.
Apple on Tuesday officially denied that it has ceased production of its 27-inch iMac as some users have complained of screen flickering and discoloration. Also, the big-screen all-in-one desktop now has a ship time of two weeks.
I read on Gizmodo (or somewhere, can't remember or find the link) that someone disassembled his 27" iMac (screen and all) for whatever reason, and when it was reassembled, the yellow tint was gone.

It was theorized that uneven spacing between parts of the LCD panel contribute to yellowing. This means it is repairable.

I'm a bird. I am the 1% (of pets).

P
Feb 3, 2010, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by richwig83 View Post
Apple has been using rubbish displays for a few years now.... its about time they realised that they cant keep putting tat in their machines!!

My old macbook might as well have been 256 colours... dreadful panel!
Good thing they stopped then - both new iMacs use high quality IPS panels instead of the terrible TN panels that they used to put in the low-ed iMacs and Macbooks. The issue isn't about the grade of panel, it's about defects. That might sound like the same thing, but it isn't: The old panels were inside spec, but the spec was loose. The new panels have a tighter spec, and some panels are outside it. One is Apple being cheap, the other is Apple's supplier not delivering on their promises.

Originally Posted by Eriamjh
I read on Gizmodo (or somewhere, can't remember or find the link) that someone disassembled his 27" iMac (screen and all) for whatever reason, and when it was reassembled, the yellow tint was gone.

It was theorized that uneven spacing between parts of the LCD panel contribute to yellowing. This means it is repairable.
Here, Ars quoted that as well. Basically, if the layer that diffuses the LED backlight isn't flat against panel as it should be, you can get effects like that. Supposedly. This is just one guy's guess though, so it's almost as badly sourced as the production stop rumors. Don't rely on it.

Simon
Posting Junkie
Feb 3, 2010, 09:43 AM

Stopping shipment is very different from stopping production. One means that there is a temporary delay after which you can quickly catch up the backlog and get back to normal, the other means a more long-standing problem.
That's just your assumption.

If you have to stop shipment because you suddenly realize your packaging is crap and need to repackage tens of thousands of unshipped iMacs you have a serious problem. Even if it's not strictly a "manufacturing" issue. And no Apple PR stunt can spin that under the carpet.

P
Feb 3, 2010, 01:42 PM

No, but your production capacity is limited by what your line can produce - if it produces x Macs per hour and is stopped for y hours, that is y times x Macs fewer being produced. If Apple stops shipments for y hours, they still have those y times x Macs, only they need to be repackaged. The difference is that the production line is the bottleneck in the process so any stop there will cause a loss of production that cannot be repaired. A stop in the packaging is only a delay - unless you think that packaging is the bottleneck?

And that is still not the point. The rumor sites said that production was stopped; It wasn't; Therefore the rumor sites were wrong regarding Apple's production; Therefore I don't trust them this time.

Simon
Posting Junkie
Feb 3, 2010, 01:49 PM

Just because Apple PR puts out a statement doesn't mean I trust what they say. I don;t see why I should trust Apple any more than the rumor sites on this one. It's Apple who has something to lose.

P
Feb 3, 2010, 06:31 PM

Because Apple could be in serious trouble if they flat-out lie about something that might affect the stock price? Note how they almost never comment on rumors, partly for this reason. If the lines were stopped, the smart choice would be to keep silent, like they almost always do.

Simon
Posting Junkie
Feb 4, 2010, 03:57 AM

Right, they never lie because they could get in serious trouble. I guess that's why we've never seen Apple lie before.

Simon
Posting Junkie
Feb 4, 2010, 03:59 AM

Backlog in the UK for 27" iMac screen repairs now at over 230. Apparently Apple's run out of replacements.

http://gizmodo.com/5463415/the-fault.../full+(Gizmodo)

Gizmodo claims Apple has begun offering refunds for the full purchase price of affected iMacs, along with an additional 15 percent premium. The company is also allegedly covering the shipping costs for the returns.

So in other words Apple is essentially rewarding people for not buying a 27" iMac.

Doc HM  (op)
Professional Poster
Feb 6, 2010, 05:07 AM

Apple sure are lucky that Toyota are soaking up all the shoddy product publicity this week.

Given how the media love to build people up then knock them down it could be that Apple are due a huge media backlash. Without Toyota distracting journos this could have been it.

miacomet
Forum Regular
Feb 7, 2010, 02:04 PM

I got a 27" iMac almost on Day 1 from my University Computer store. Can anyone link me to an article on this flickering Yellow issue?

I haven't heard about it, and I haven't noticed any problems on mine (so far). But I do have Apple Care!

mduell
Posting Junkie
Feb 7, 2010, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by miacomet View Post
I got a 27" iMac almost on Day 1 from my University Computer store. Can anyone link me to an article on this flickering Yellow issue?

I haven't heard about it, and I haven't noticed any problems on mine (so far). But I do have Apple Care!
Flickering and yellow are separate issues. Here's a good yellow test.

AppleDoesn'tCare won't help, they'll refuse to exchange them as the Gizmodo editor discovered.

Railroader
Banned
Feb 13, 2010, 10:10 PM

Picked up a 27" iMac yesterday at the Apple store in Indianapolis (well, Castleton really), and the Apple Store employee knew nothing about halts, delays, or shipping stoppages. Said they haven't had a single iMac back for yellow tinting. He said they were flying off the shelves as fast as they come in and said "You got lucky, this was being unloaded when I went back to look for one for you." As I picked it up to carry it out of the store it was super cold.

EDIT: Oh, and I am having no issues at all except it is WAY BIGGER than I expected and my neck is slightly sore. I need to find a different sitting position.

mduell
Posting Junkie
Feb 14, 2010, 02:29 AM

Originally Posted by Railroader View Post
the Apple Store employee knew nothing about halts, delays, or shipping stoppages. Said they haven't had a single iMac back for yellow tinting. He said they were flying off the shelves as fast as they come in
Of course not. He's on message.

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Feb 14, 2010, 05:18 AM

They've resumed shipping a few days ago, as per news sites.

Also, "they're flying off the shelves as fast as we can get them" is an excellently phrased response. It doesn't actually say anything about whether they're getting any.

Railroader
Banned
Feb 14, 2010, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by mduell View Post
Of course not. He's on message.
Well, he's a very patient guy as I took him to a few web sites and he sat and read them in front of me. Very impressive.

Railroader
Banned
Feb 14, 2010, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Spheric Harlot View Post
Also, "they're flying off the shelves as fast as we can get them" is an excellently phrased response. It doesn't actually say anything about whether they're getting any.
Three of them left the store in the twenty minutes I was there at 10am in the morning on a weekday. I can't imagine what an evening or weekend looks like.

solofx7
Mac Elite
Feb 14, 2010, 06:47 PM

I noticed a couple of people were posting that they were getting their 27inch iMacs.
I am thinking about one in the next week or so, and wanted to know what the thoughts were on the processors?
I really want an i7, but that config appears to only be an online order thing and 2+ weeks is a long time.
iMac 27inch 3.4 i7 16gb ram, MacBook Air 11 inch i5 128gb, iMac 27inch 2.8 i7 8gb ram, MacBook Pro 17 inch 2.66 i7, 4gb ram 500gb HDD Seagate XT,
iPhone 4 - Time Capsule 2tb, Apple TV - iPad 2 64gb

voodoo
Posting Junkie
Feb 14, 2010, 07:40 PM

Ugh the screens might be yellow, blinking or just doing kaleidoscope patterns - I'm not sure any of that would be as annoying as the reflection of everything my background.

Unless I turn off almost all lights, pull the curtain and position the iMac just right - it's going to be more of a mirror than a monitor.

Fix that.
I could take Sean Connery in a fight... I could definitely take him.

P
Feb 15, 2010, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by solofx7 View Post
I noticed a couple of people were posting that they were getting their 27inch iMacs.
I am thinking about one in the next week or so, and wanted to know what the thoughts were on the processors?
I really want an i7, but that config appears to only be an online order thing and 2+ weeks is a long time.
Absolutely pick the i5 over the Core 2 - the price difference is tiny and the performance boost is huge - but the i5 or the i7 is probably less relevant in the short run. Hyperthreading can add 20%, but only if there's enough work to keep 8 threads loaded. Today there rarely is (although recompressing a full DVD9 to DVD5 in little over 2 minutes is nice...) and your guess is as good as mine on whether it will be worth the price in the future. My thinking is that the 27" model is big enough and expensive enough that the upgrade is cheap as a percentage of the purchase price, and I'll keep it long enough that it will be useful. YMMV.

I have to say that this iMac is probably the best Mac I've ever owned. My LC III back in the early nineties was a rock solid machine, but it was hobbled until I could upgrade the RAM. This one feels just as solid, and it's not limited in any way that matters to me. Given what we know of future plans for the various chips (no replacement for Lynnfield until mid 2011, mobile Radeon 5000 series no big boost over 4000 series), it feels like a very good time to buy as well. If I needed expansion, I'd probably wait for the MP update and pray for a good low-end model, but I don't think one is coming.

voodoo
Posting Junkie
Feb 15, 2010, 09:10 AM

I'm going to wait for a BD drive - I feel it is an unacceptable limitation to have just a DVD drive and that the Mac is incapable of playing BD movies, even with an external BD drive.

With that 27" uber-HD display (despite the stupid gloss) it is unacceptable. These machines could be brilliant for BD movies, and will be.

I'll wait until Apple releases a Mac with a BD drive - and if they never will, well there's always Windows 7. It isn't all that bad.
I could take Sean Connery in a fight... I could definitely take him.

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Feb 15, 2010, 11:46 AM

I have to say that this iMac is probably the best Mac I've ever owned. My LC III back in the early nineties was a rock solid machine, but it was hobbled until I could upgrade the RAM. This one feels just as solid, and it's not limited in any way that matters to me.
How do you define rock solidness? I mean, how was the LC III any more rock solid than more recent Macs you've owned?

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

solofx7
Mac Elite
Feb 16, 2010, 10:30 AM

Absolutely pick the i5 over the Core 2 - the price difference is tiny and the performance boost is huge - but the i5 or the i7 is probably less relevant in the short run. Hyperthreading can add 20%, but only if there's enough work to keep 8 threads loaded. Today there rarely is (although recompressing a full DVD9 to DVD5 in little over 2 minutes is nice...) and your guess is as good as mine on whether it will be worth the price in the future. My thinking is that the 27" model is big enough and expensive enough that the upgrade is cheap as a percentage of the purchase price, and I'll keep it long enough that it will be useful. YMMV.

I have to say that this iMac is probably the best Mac I've ever owned. My LC III back in the early nineties was a rock solid machine, but it was hobbled until I could upgrade the RAM. This one feels just as solid, and it's not limited in any way that matters to me. Given what we know of future plans for the various chips (no replacement for Lynnfield until mid 2011, mobile Radeon 5000 series no big boost over 4000 series), it feels like a very good time to buy as well. If I needed expansion, I'd probably wait for the MP update and pray for a good low-end model, but I don't think one is coming.
Thank you for such a detailed response. My main thought process was i5 or i7.
I have heard that in some instances it is 50% faster than the i5.
I know that the i5 is no slouch at all.
I guess I am just impatient. My local store has i5's in stock where the i7's are order online only.
Does anyone know where there is a side by side comparison of the 2?
iMac 27inch 3.4 i7 16gb ram, MacBook Air 11 inch i5 128gb, iMac 27inch 2.8 i7 8gb ram, MacBook Pro 17 inch 2.66 i7, 4gb ram 500gb HDD Seagate XT,

Simon
Posting Junkie
Feb 16, 2010, 10:43 AM

solofx7
Mac Elite
Feb 16, 2010, 01:54 PM

thanks a lot. that helps.
the more info the better.
that does look like a big difference.
darn, I really hate having to wait 2 weeks.
this is a grad gift from me to me

P
Feb 17, 2010, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by Big Mac View Post
How do you define rock solidness? I mean, how was the LC III any more rock solid than more recent Macs you've owned?
It never crashed, it never required updates, it always delivered even when it was stuff that I never thought about when I first got it. The Performa after it was horrible, and really rather slow at first. The G3 had a gimped graphics chip, started developing issues with the PSU fairly soon and it had a total of 7 major OS versions during its lifetime. The G5 was loud and not quite snappy, and it was always a compromise to use that GPU. This one feels better than either of them so far - we'll see how it works out in the long run.

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Feb 17, 2010, 08:56 AM

It's hard to believe your LC III never crashed since the classic Mac OS wasn't exactly rock solid, but okay I understand the point you're making - it was a quality Mac for you.

P
Feb 17, 2010, 01:42 PM

It was. System 7.1 on 68k Macs was really quite solid - remember that the Type 11 errors only came with PPC, on 68k they were handled and resulted in a crash to the desktop.

The big difference wasn't that, however - it was that we didn't ask so much of the computers back then. No 3D graphics, only very basic Internet at the very end of its lifetime, and everything had been thoroughly tested. Then came PPC, little pieces of Copland shoved onto the 7.5 kernel, extensions integrated into the OS, various little libraries that were released independently of the rest of the OS (remember ObjectSupportLib?) and cheap garbage hardware.

The biggest improvement that happened with Apple's OS from OS 8 and on was that everything was updated at once. Before, we could update Quicktime, OpenTransport, Quickdraw GX, Powertalk and the OS all independently from each other. From OS 8 on, it was the OS and Quicktime - everything else was an application, not a system feature - and these days even Quicktime follows the OS release schedule. This reduces the number of configs you have to test on, improving stability more than any protected memory bullet point.

polendo
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 18, 2010, 02:52 PM

Back then I had the option of getting my first Mac ...the LC or the Quadra 605. I picked the Quadra. Piece of crap... the system (I believe it was OS 7.1) just crashed time and time again. I couldn´t do a damn thing with it. The worst computer I had ever had. I believe it used a Motorola processor running at 25 mhz.. Left the darn thing practically new and picked up an IBM P/S1. Glad to see someone whose Mac was running fine back then.

Came back with my fingers crossed to the Mac world when the iBook G3 dual usb appeared.
( Last edited by polendo; Feb 18, 2010 at 03:06 PM. )

P
Feb 18, 2010, 04:17 PM

Quadra 605 = LC 475, used a 68LC040. That one launched just after I got mine, and I was a bit peeved that I didn't wait, but I've also heard that it was unstable until the first updates - updates that were hard to get back in the days before Internet.

polendo
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 18, 2010, 06:05 PM

Mmm I thought the LC had the 68030 and my sole reason for getting the Quadra was because it had a newer processor. Nevertheless you didn´t miss anything at all.. and yes I believe that updating the OS would have fixed alot of issues. And I concurr with you, getting an update was difficult. The only good thing about that Mac is that it came with Word Perfect, which to me ranks high as a great word processor. I still think it is superior to Word.

-- I just checked and the LCIII was the one using the 68030.

P
Feb 19, 2010, 05:54 AM

Yes, LC III, also known as Performa 450, used a 68030@25MHz - that's what I had. There was also a machine that used a 68LC040. That machine had three names: Performa 475, LC 475 and Quadra 605. Same machine, but different names for different markets (home, education and office, basically). I think they had slightly different apps included as well.

Simon
Posting Junkie
Feb 19, 2010, 06:43 AM

LC: 68020 @ 16 MHz
LC II: 68030 @ 16 MHz [also sold as Performa 400, 405, 410, 430]
LC III: 68030 @ 25 MHz (33 MHz in the LC III+) [also sold as Performa 450, 460, 466, 467]
LC 475: 68LC040 @ 25 MHz [also sold as Quadra 605 and Performa 475, 476]

Back in the day I bought an LC III that I was using next to a IIsi (meh) and a IIci (awesome). Shortly after I got the LC III they released the LC 475. I managed to sell off my LC III an get the LC 475 instead. It was much faster than the LC III and could actually compete with the IIci (not in terms of expansion though). I remember really enjoying that update.

MacPC
Forum Regular
Feb 25, 2010, 08:51 AM

I am very disappointed with Apple's QA. Did Apple hire the QA guys from Microsoft or Toyota? Being a long time Mac owner, I have very deep faith in Apples' products because Mac hardly give me any problem.

macaddict0001
Mac Elite
Feb 25, 2010, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by Big Mac View Post
It's hard to believe your LC III never crashed since the classic Mac OS wasn't exactly rock solid, but okay I understand the point you're making - it was a quality Mac for you.
Nearly all the crashes experienced with the classic mac os are caused by mismanaged memory or extension conflicts.

MacPC
Forum Regular
Feb 26, 2010, 09:31 AM

I agree. I had the Mac 128K when I was a kid, then moved on to Mac Plus, the Performa..., I have to say, before OSX, the Mac OSes were just as bad as Windows, it crashed often, it was slooooooow, memory overflow was the biggest issue. The only reason I stay with Mac is because I never like Microsoft, in fact I hate it!! More an ideology issue then tech issue. But when Apple switch to OSX, that's when Mac really started to shine.

msuper69
Professional Poster
Feb 26, 2010, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by macaddict0001 View Post
Nearly all the crashes experienced with the classic mac os are caused by mismanaged memory or extension conflicts.
No. The crashes were caused by lack of protected memory. Errors in the extensions or an application could easily overwrite a critical area of the OS or another application causing the OS to go into an infinite loop.

With a brand new stock iMac (the original Bondi), just moving the mouse pointer would occasionally cause a lock-up.

macaddict0001
Mac Elite
Feb 26, 2010, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by msuper69 View Post
No. The crashes were caused by lack of protected memory. Errors in the extensions or an application could easily overwrite a critical area of the OS or another application causing the OS to go into an infinite loop.

With a brand new stock iMac (the original Bondi), just moving the mouse pointer would occasionally cause a lock-up.
I think what we're arguing about is a difference in semantics.

MacPC
Forum Regular
Feb 27, 2010, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by macaddict0001 View Post
Originally Posted by msuper69 View Post

They are both right. The pre OSX had a terrible problem in memory management. it lacks of memory protection as msuper69 said, and the faults were not just Apple, but also on the application developers who weren't being careful with the memory usage and allow their apps wrote to the system heap and destroy the OS.

Forum Links
Forum Rules