Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Bluebox problem (OS 9.1)

Bluebox problem (OS 9.1)
clotje
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 17, 2001, 09:08 AM

Hi,

I upgrade my startup disk to 9.1. It is working fine when i start from it. But when is try to used it under Xserver1.2 (bluebox) is the screen freezing.
Whats here the problem?

Thanks
Claude

Axiom
Jan 17, 2001, 02:35 PM

My assumption is that OS X Server 1.2 does not support OS 9.1 in its "Blue Box" environment. Since the OS X Public Beta Classic environment does not support 9.1, why would the even older (and barely supported) OS X Server?

In fact, the last I had heard was that OS X Server didn't support OS 9 at all in the Blue Box. I could be wrong, but I recall 8.6 being the last supported OS for the Blue Box environment.

Now don't confuse the OS X Server Blue Box with the NetBoot Disk Image. I am running 9.04 in the NetBoot environment, and may experiment with 9.1. But it is a totally different animal than the Blue Box.

BTW, anyone running 9.1 on NetBoot yet? How is it?

Jean-Pierre
Jan 20, 2001, 06:58 PM

yes os x server 1.2 is stuck at mac os 8.6 running in blue box. i wouldn't expect this to change till 2.0 is released

jean-pierre

Forum Links
Forum Rules