Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Star Wars Episode II - Will you be seeing it?

Star Wars Episode II - Will you be seeing it?
typoon
Addicted to MacNN
May 6, 2002, 01:21 PM

With Episode II Attack of the clones just 10 days away will you be watching it?

I know I will be, this one is supposed be and from trailers looks MUCH MUCH better than the first one. I frankly can't wait. It is definately going to give Spidey a run for his Spidey senses.
"Evil is Powerless If the Good are Unafraid." -Ronald Reagan

Apple and Intel, the dawning of a NEW era.

Severed Hand of Skywalker
Addicted to MacNN
May 6, 2002, 01:23 PM

Guess

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

Nonsuch
Professional Poster
May 6, 2002, 01:27 PM

I'll see it, but I'm in no particular hurry. Star Wars ceased to have any emotional meaning for me a long time ago. The new one looks pretty energetic and fun though.
Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them.

-- Frederick Douglass, 1857

Hawkeye_a
Addicted to MacNN
May 6, 2002, 02:32 PM

i wouldnt see it, even if someone paid for my ticket.

sek929
Posting Junkie
May 6, 2002, 04:50 PM

Most likely, since during the summe ri usually have loads of money to blow.

Though I am not nearly as excited about it as the LOTR (Two Towers) movie coming out later this year.

urbanmastermind
May 6, 2002, 04:57 PM

'nuff said.

[ 05-10-2002: Message edited by: urbanmastermind ]

Agasthya
Professional Poster
May 6, 2002, 05:05 PM

Originally posted by typoon:
<STRONG>With Episode II Attack of the clones just 10 days away will you be watching it?

I know I will be, this one is supposed be and from trailers looks MUCH MUCH better than the first one. I frankly can't wait. It is definately going to give Spidey a run for his Spidey senses.</STRONG>
I've already got my tickets for the midnight showing at AMC West Olive 16 in St. Louis. if anyone else is seeing it at this time at West Olive, drop me a line.

TheJoshu
Mac Elite
May 6, 2002, 05:18 PM

Not only will I be seeing it, but I'll be waiting on line for tickets outside the Ziegfeld from 5 PM this Saturday to 1 PM this Sunday.

It's for charity...

nyline.org

flatcatch
Grizzled Veteran
May 6, 2002, 05:21 PM

I'll be seeing it - especially with all the "it doesn't suck like the first one" press it's been getting. But really, even if it got mixed or bad reviews I'd still need to see it, it is freakin' Star Wars after all.

Personally I'm more excited about 'LOTR: Twin Towers' and 'The Matrix: Reloaded' than Episode II, but that may be that I'm still so jaded by Episode I.

Keep the rubber side down!

dillerX
Professional Poster
May 6, 2002, 05:21 PM

How long until it comes out on regular TV? I'll see it then.
I tried to sig-spam the forums.
ADVANTAGE Motorsports Marketing, Inc. • speedXdesign, Inc.

ringo
Professional Poster
May 6, 2002, 05:25 PM

Will I see it? Yes
Will I pay to see it? No

GL has to prove himself before I'll buy a ticket to another of his movies.
At the same time, I'm curious.

-ringo

curmi
Senior User
May 6, 2002, 06:15 PM

When it is shown on free TV maybe. I can't believe how many suckers are out there. You are as bad as Windows users.

MikeM32
Banned
Location: &quot;Joisey&quot; Home of the &quot;Guido&quot; and chicks with &quot;Big Hair&quot;
May 6, 2002, 06:57 PM

I'll be seeing it probably not opening day though. Between now and then I plan on catching Spiderman also. I was gioing to see it this past weekend, but after seeing what it grossed I'm glad I didn't. I hate mobbed movie theaters.

Funny sidenote here: I was just at the Rite Aid to hit-up thier ATM for some greenbacks, and next to the ATM is a stand of "Attack of the Clones" coloring books and childrens activity books. The Cover of one sorta shocked me a bit because it shows Amidala and Anakin sitting at a table together. Amidala is looking down at the table wearing a very "revealing" dress and I swear it looks like Anakan is eyeballing her cleavage Nice childrens book eh?

Mike

[ 05-06-2002: Message edited by: MikeM32 ]

Agasthya
Professional Poster
May 6, 2002, 07:08 PM

Originally posted by flatcatch:
<STRONG>I'll be seeing it - especially with all the "it doesn't suck like the first one" press it's been getting. But really, even if it got mixed or bad reviews I'd still need to see it, it is freakin' Star Wars after all.

Personally I'm more excited about 'LOTR: Twin Towers' and 'The Matrix: Reloaded' than Episode II, but that may be that I'm still so jaded by Episode I.</STRONG>
You all do know that there is a Matrix: Reloaded teaser trailer on the AOTC reel don't you?

pathogen
Mac Elite
May 6, 2002, 09:18 PM

I cant wait!!! I've been jonesing for this for about a month.
When you were young and your heart was an open book, you used to say "live and let live."
But if this ever changing world, in which we live in, makes you give in and cry, say "live and let die."

macthelastredman
Dedicated MacNNer
May 6, 2002, 09:29 PM

i will rent star wars episode II when it comes out on dvd.
iMac G4 800mhz 768 ram OS X (10.1.5) & iPod 5gb

shanraghan
Senior User
May 7, 2002, 12:06 AM

Originally posted by agasthya:
<STRONG>

You all do know that there is a Matrix: Reloaded teaser trailer on the AOTC reel don't you? </STRONG>
I must see this movie!!!
[CENSORED]

Newbies generally fulfil one of two functions: being a pain in the ass or fodder for the vets. If they survive to Senoir Membership, then their role undergoes a little change...

shanraghan: self-appointed French-speaking Chef de MacNN! Serving gourmet newbie-yaki to vets since the demise of the Drunken Circle Tool!

Ca$h68
Banned
May 7, 2002, 12:39 AM

Nope. No way. Not a chance. K, I hate to break it to all you star wars lunatics, but that last one SUCKED. It was just a bunch of special effects sewn together to make a horrible stupiid movie. And this new one? Come on, wtf. They basically rehash 'cruel intentions' and throw in a little 'romeo and julie', add star wars costumes, explosions, VERY FAKE looking special effects, and you retards will camp out for this crap??!?!?!

LOOOOOOOOOOOO-SSEEEEERRRRRSSSS

- Ca$h

ckohler
Grizzled Veteran
May 7, 2002, 01:26 AM

I'm gonna see it. Really looking forward to it. It's going to be great.

There are just too many rave reviews from various people who've seen it for it to suck. The only negative comments I read are from people who obviously haven't done their homework.

digimage
Banned
May 7, 2002, 12:16 PM

Originally posted by Ca$h68:
<STRONG>Nope. No way. Not a chance. K, I hate to break it to all you star wars lunatics, but that last one SUCKED. It was just a bunch of special effects sewn together to make a horrible stupiid movie. And this new one? Come on, wtf. They basically rehash 'cruel intentions' and throw in a little 'romeo and julie', add star wars costumes, explosions, VERY FAKE looking special effects, and you retards will camp out for this crap??!?!?!

LOOOOOOOOOOOO-SSEEEEERRRRRSSSS

- Ca$h</STRONG>
Nah, it's good. Episode 1 ate my nads. II is much better. I reccomend it, Cash.

Demonhood
Administrator
May 9, 2002, 06:39 PM

i have my tickets for the 12:01am showing here in town.
i also have tickets for the later that thursday as well (for friends that don't want to come along for the 12:01 "super-fan" showing).

atmosphere opening day is great. last time i got to see people fighting with makeshift (wooden sticks) and plastic lightsabers in the parking lot while waiting to get in. then people got up on stage (it is shown in a HUGE theater that's used for plays, concerts, etc..) and acted out a swordfight with their toys. they even included rolls, sound effects, costumes, etc.. (these were just people there to see the movie, not staff of the theater).

tis just a good geeky time for all.

D'Espice
Mac Elite
May 9, 2002, 06:43 PM

Oh, I definitely will, and because I'm in Germany, I will see it at least six hours before any of you guys will I got tickets for the 11:59pm in Munich, were kinda expensive but I want to see this movie!
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one
pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid across the line broadside,
thoroughly used up, worn out, leaking oil, shouting GERONIMO!"

scottiB
Professional Poster
May 9, 2002, 07:13 PM

My entire office (well, about 8 people plus significant others) have tix to the local 12:01 a.m. show. I'll catch it again on Saturday; the Boeing digital projection system was just installed at a theater nearby.
I am stupidest when I try to be funny.

valeriam01
Forum Regular
May 9, 2002, 11:09 PM

hells yeah

MacAgent
Senior User
May 10, 2002, 12:11 AM

Most definitely.

mchladek
Mac Elite
May 10, 2002, 12:24 AM

Originally posted by MacAgent:
<STRONG>
Most definitely. </STRONG>
Yeah, I just love how that fake wood fireplace casts a gorgeous light on the marble hearth.

But seriously. I'll definitely be seeing it. Hopefully a midnight showing, but if not at least Thursday sometime.

EpII is going to rock!

CaseCom
Professional Poster
May 10, 2002, 01:00 AM

The New York Times has posted its review of "Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones." It looks like Episode II is going to be just as sterile and lifeless as Episode I.

Some quotes from the review:

While "Attack of the Clones" is many things � a two-hour-and-12-minute action-figure commercial, a demo reel heralding the latest advances in digital filmmaking, a chance for gifted actors to be handsomely paid for delivering the worst line readings of their careers � it is not really much of a movie at all, if by movie you mean a work of visual storytelling about the dramatic actions of a group of interesting characters.
Mr. McGregor, revisiting the role of Obi-Wan Kenobi and looking ever less likely to age into Sir Alec Guinness ...
It is clear by now that the purpose of the saga is to do for Anakin/Darth Vader what Robert A. Caro has been doing for Lyndon B. Johnson, but Mr. Lucas lacks Mr. Caro's feel for human psychology and his insight into the workings of politics.
Mr. Christensen and Ms. Portman are timid and stiff, and uncertain of their diction. They alternate between the august tones of high-school Shakespeareans and the suburban soap-opera naturalism of "Dawson's Creek." Only Mr. Jackson, Frank Oz (the voice of Yoda) and, later, the formidable Christopher Lee seem comfortable in their performances, perhaps because they know better than to take the proceedings too seriously.
Yes, the battle scenes and the monster rallies are superior to anything in "The Mummy," "The Mummy Returns" or "The Scorpion King," but that lowbrow franchise at least has the good sense to acknowledge its silliness. "Attack of the Clones," in contrast, like "The Phantom Menace," lumbers along in the confining armor of bogus wisdom.
"Star Wars: Episode II � Attack of the Clones" is rated PG (Parental guidance suggested). It has many violent scenes, none of them terribly upsetting or, for that matter, interesting.
Enjoy.

Me, I'll go see it in a few weeks.

[ 05-10-2002: Message edited by: CaseCom ]

CaseCom
Professional Poster
May 10, 2002, 01:23 AM

Originally posted by urbanmastermind:
<STRONG> </STRONG>
Too bad they can't spell "Eden Prairie."

I hear it's a cool new theater, though.

skeedog98
May 10, 2002, 04:35 AM

Well, I hate to say, it isn't all that great. I am not going to ruin it for anyone, but I didn't find it any better than the first. The ending just didn't seem right.

undotwa
Professional Poster
May 10, 2002, 05:15 AM

Well, I don't like to brag, but us Aussies will get to see it before any of yous! HEHE... Although I'm not going to see it, maybe if it comes out on DVD I'll rent it.
In vino veritas.

cdhostage
Mac Elite
May 10, 2002, 09:12 AM

Damn! It's a PG movie! I WANT TO SEE NATALIE PROTMAN NAKED!
Actual conversation between UCLA and Stanford during a login on early Internet - U: I'm going to type an L! Did you get an L? S: I got one-one-four. L! U:Did you get the O? S: One-one-seven. U: <types G> S: The computer just crashed.

curmi
Senior User
May 10, 2002, 10:16 AM

Originally posted by skeedog98:
<STRONG>Well, I hate to say, it isn't all that great. I am not going to ruin it for anyone, but I didn't find it any better than the first. The ending just didn't seem right.</STRONG>
Fan-bloody-tastic. Yet the sheep here and elsewhere will blindly pay to see more drivel from George.

Forum Links
Forum Rules