Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Superdrive is Bad, where to buy an new one?

Superdrive is Bad, where to buy an new one?
Crusoe
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 25, 2006, 10:00 PM

My Superdrive has been acting up for a few months now. Rarily does it mount. I wanna buy a replacement drive and it doesn't need to be a SD. A combo, or even DVD only would work, just looking for some sources, what models would fit so I can scan ebay. I know OWC but looking for something much cheaper.

Or even an external that is recognized by iLife apps would be ok but would prefer an internal solution.

Rev A 17" 1Ghz. Way out of warranty.
( Last edited by Crusoe; Jan 25, 2006 at 10:08 PM. )
If a group of mimes are miming a forest and one falls down, does he make a sound?

uicandrew
Senior User
Jan 26, 2006, 12:42 AM

well, with iLife 06, Steve Jobs mentioned briefly that 3rd party burners were supported, so you can scour the "for sale" section of these forums and pick up a nice used burner for a nice discount.

of course, you would need to send more money to the "mothership" and get iLife 06
Mac User since Summer 2005 (started with G4 mini bought from macnn forums!)

AppleCello
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 26, 2006, 10:42 AM

these guys sell some drives that might work, though I have never bought from them before.

http://www.mcetech.com/sdpbg4.html

Forum Links
Forum Rules