Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > A sound problem after wakening from sleep

A sound problem after wakening from sleep
YongHeun
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 9, 2000, 04:32 PM

I have a problem with the sound system of the new firewire powerbook. After the powerbook wakes from sleep, its sound is gone. Restarting helps the sound system go back to normal.
I installed the sleep memory extension after I found this problem even though I thought it would not give any help. Yes, it did not. Even after I installed it, the same problem appeared.
Do you have a solution for this?
I have already installed such programs as Korean language kit from the Mac OS 9, Virtual PC 2.13, the scanner programs from the UMAX, MS Office 98, WordPerfect 3.0, PowerDomain SlimSCSI 1480 v1.1,
Microsoft Internet 5, Norton Utilities 5.0, and Norton Antivirus 6.0, and VST SuperDisk program.

Crow
May 9, 2000, 05:28 PM

Mine does the same thing... I asked Apple tech support, but the guy I was talking to was specifically an Airport Technology technician. So, he didn't know the answer... I can't figure out a fix either. I'm gonna call here in a little while to talk to a powerbook technician.

On another note... do your powerbook speakers make a popping sound every now and then when you play DVDs???

Crow

YongHeun  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 9, 2000, 05:55 PM

On another note... do your powerbook speakers make a popping sound every now and then when you play DVDs???

No, I have never played the DVDs yet!!! I'll test it sooner or later.

craigthomas
Mac Enthusiast
May 23, 2000, 01:23 AM

I have a popping sound quite a bit. Loading Outlook 5 causes it, and waking up as well. I made very loud popping sounds when I removed the DVD drive. Any ideas to what is causing this?

devros
May 26, 2000, 11:04 AM

I also sometimes get popping on my pismo when playing DVD's or listening to MP3's. Can't figure out the case yet.

Forum Links
Forum Rules