Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Mighty Mouse keeps forgetting secondary mouse button

Mighty Mouse keeps forgetting secondary mouse button
bloodline
Forum Regular
Aug 18, 2006, 01:53 PM

My Mighty Mouse keeps forgetting secondary mouse button function... I have to click loads of times on the right side of the mouse to get it to recognise the right click again... It's a real pain!

analogika
Posting Junkie
Aug 18, 2006, 03:19 PM

Dumb question:

Are you sure you're actually raising your left finger? The mouse won't register a right click unless the finger is actually *removed* from the primary button.

bloodline  (op)
Forum Regular
Aug 19, 2006, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by analogika
Dumb question:

Are you sure you're actually raising your left finger? The mouse won't register a right click unless the finger is actually *removed* from the primary button.
Yup, I picked up that habit after a few minutes of using the MM (I now do it even on ordinary mice ).

Switching the mouse off and back on again seems to fix the problem for a bit. I've made sure that the mouse shell is clean and free from greece but the problem persists. It's very frustrating as I can never be sure if a right mouse click will result in a right mouse click!

I'm pretty sure it's a mouse problem, as it happens in WindowsXP too... though not as often.

mrwalker
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 19, 2006, 04:30 PM

I have the same problem - I've got two bluetooth Mighty Mice, one paired with a MacBook, the other with an Intel iMac. After continued use - about a day - the mouse stops recognizing right-clicks. Switching the mouse off & on again fixes it again.

OperaMan
Forum Regular
Aug 22, 2006, 04:09 AM

This is exactly what I'm dealing with at this very moment and it's PISSING ME OFF. I just got this expensive ass "two button mouse" today and it's been a huge disappointment. I'm calling apple tomorrow and demanding a fix.

bloodline  (op)
Forum Regular
Aug 22, 2006, 08:45 AM

I'd like to get some idea of the number of people who are affected by this... are we just isolated examples of a faulty mouse... or is there a genuine problem with this device?
2.8 Ghz Unibody MacBook Pro 15" - 4GB Ram - Logic Pro 8.0
2.33 Ghz C2D MacBook Pro 15" - 3GB Ram - Logic Pro 7.2
1.5 Ghz G4 PowerBook 12" - 1.25GB Ram

OperaMan
Forum Regular
Aug 22, 2006, 08:36 PM

I'm typing from an iMac in my local mac store right now and the mouse is working great. I brought in my mouse and they hooked it up to this computer, the same deal happened so they gave me a new one no sweat. It's working just fine right now. They said they haven't had a bunch of returns on them so it must be an isolated issue (hopefully). I'm glad Apple's service is so great. I didn't have to sign a single piece of paper and I got another new mouse. Hopefully this one keeps working well because it's exactly what I was looking for. Good luck to all of you with the same issue.

OperaMan
Forum Regular
Aug 23, 2006, 12:26 AM

I'm still using the mouse at home and it's great. This is quite a nice mouse when it's functioning.

Ray@SAT
Aug 25, 2006, 09:45 AM

Mine just doesn't work. Right click keeps dissapearing, movement is erratic. The cursor just goes everywhere (even when the mouse is not moving). After a while, the mouse just doesn't respond.

I'm back to my BT500 wireless minimouse, which works fine.
Maybe a future upgrade on the software will fix things. I hope.

Ray

Forum Links
Forum Rules