Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Does Applecare cover battery replacement?

Does Applecare cover battery replacement?
spiff72
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 1, 2007, 08:21 PM

I am not really worried about it, but I couldn't find any exclusion of the battery in the legal terms for the iPhone applecare documentation.

Another related question is what would have to happen to the battery for Apple to agree to replace it? Decreasing to 80% capacity after 300-400 cycles probably doesn't qualify...

Any thoughts?
"Mac Daddy" - 15" MBP, 2.2 GHz Core i7, 8GB, 750GB HDD
"Mommy Mac" - 13" Macbook, 2.4GHz C2D, 2GB, 160GB
"Baby Mac" - 15" PB, 1.5GHz, 1.5GB, 80GB
64GB iPod Touch (4th gen)

jamil5454
Mac Elite
Aug 1, 2007, 11:54 PM

Well, with the iPod it was covered after a certain amount of wear, say when the battery loses 50% charge or something. I'm sure it's the same with the iPhone... Apple would have too many class-action lawsuits on their hands if people had to buy two or three iPhones to fulfill their 2-year contract with AT&T.

Forum Links
Forum Rules