Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Sex with an Entire Sports team vs Obama

Sex with an Entire Sports team vs Obama (Page 3)
besson3c
Clinically Insane
Aug 17, 2012, 01:58 PM

Abe: http://forums.macnn.com/0/forum/491380/abe-banned-from-the-pwl

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Aug 17, 2012, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by kimosABE View Post
Apparently I have either unknowingly and unintentionally broken some Mac NN rule or my antagonists here have succeeded in politicking the powers that be to have me denied from the PWL.
I hope I'm not one of these "antagonists" that you suspect to have succeeded in politicking the powers that b to have you denied from the PWL. I've only ever reported someone once, and it wasn't for something as benign as an opinion ... even an opinion as singular of focus as your own.

I personally enjoy your presence in the PWL. It's fun watching you try to convince others to join you cause, especially as you try to convince us all that you've been reformed from the evils of liberalism.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Aug 17, 2012, 06:12 PM

Abe: is it possible that you were ratted by an Obama operative?

d4nth3m4n
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 19, 2012, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by besson3c View Post
Abe: is it possible that you were ratted by an Obama operative?
Perhaps a foreign agent?

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Aug 19, 2012, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by d4nth3m4n View Post
Perhaps a foreign agent?
Well, since Abe obviously considered Obama to *be* a foreign agent ...

kimosABE  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 19, 2012, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by Wiskedjak View Post
I hope I'm not one of these "antagonists" that you suspect to have succeeded in politicking the powers that b to have you denied from the PWL. I've only ever reported someone once, and it wasn't for something as benign as an opinion ... even an opinion as singular of focus as your own.
I personally enjoy your presence in the PWL. It's fun watching you try to convince others to join you cause, especially as you try to convince us all that you've been reformed from the evils of liberalism.
Thank you, Wiskedjak.

As much as you have pissed me off in the past, you have also made me smile.

I look forward to more of the same in the future.

kimosABE  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 19, 2012, 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by d4nth3m4n View Post
Perhaps a foreign agent?
You may think the idea of 'foreign agents' is humorous but I assure you, it is not.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Aug 19, 2012, 11:52 PM

You may think the idea of 'foreign agents' is humorous but I assure you, it is not.
Why isn't it funny?

kimosABE  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 20, 2012, 12:00 AM

Why isn't it funny?
Because it might be that a 'FOREIGN AGENT' will ruin America.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Aug 20, 2012, 12:16 AM

Because it might be that a 'FOREIGN AGENT' will ruin America.
Who was the foreign agent that you were worried about ruining America years ago, when foreign agents first became a thing on MacNN?

kimosABE  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 20, 2012, 12:48 AM

Who was the foreign agent that you were worried about ruining America years ago, when foreign agents first became a thing on MacNN?
That was soooo yesterday. All I know is that while I was trying to save America these sneaky foreigners were disagreeing with me and talking about how John Kerry was so cool or whatever...

When good Americans were coming here to MacNN searching for the truth and instead were forced to read the propaganda from these a-holes, it made it more difficult for the Patriotic American posters amongst us to get the truth out.

I suspect some of my current detractors may have been around when I first mentioned the presence of foreign agents and they have tried to blend in by acting all normal and stuff. But, because they know I'm their worst enemy as far as 'outing' them, they try to get rid of me at every opportunity. Kind of like the - - - - and the - - - - - - - in the Mid East. While I do what I do they send dirty looks and poisoned pm's to try to get rid of me.

By the way, you know I'm kidding around about this stuff, right? If anyone thought I was being serious it might be an indication they were the ones who needed bannination.

Ahemmm...what was the question??????

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Aug 20, 2012, 04:30 AM

How do we know *you're* not the foreign agent, trying to blend in and act all normal and stuff? To some of the good, patriotic Americans, your ideas and the politicians you support would bring ruin to America and might be something that foreign would want to support. Also, trying to divert attention to others as "foreign agents" would be a great tactic for a foreign agent who wishes to not be outed and exposed.

kimosABE  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 20, 2012, 04:59 AM

How do we know *you're* not the foreign agent, trying to blend in and act all normal and stuff? To some of the good, patriotic Americans, your ideas and the politicians you support would bring ruin to America and might be something that foreign would want to support. Also, trying to divert attention to others as "foreign agents" would be a great tactic for a foreign agent who wishes to not be outed and exposed.
Ha! Ha! Ha!

I see what you are trying to do. The old 'turnaround'! How do we know that YOU'RE not the secret sleeper cell agent??

In fact, you have been tormenting me and attempting to discredit my every statement for YEARS!

You want us all to think you are in the frozen north but I suspect you get in your convertible and drive throughout the American Southland trying to pick up the flavor and feel of real Americans and then at the end of your day you try out your tradecraft here on the innocent, naive posters of MacNN.

Shame! Shame! Shame!

We know your Name and I've got your number, fella!

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Aug 20, 2012, 10:58 AM

That was soooo yesterday. All I know is that while I was trying to save America these sneaky foreigners were disagreeing with me and talking about how John Kerry was so cool or whatever...
When good Americans were coming here to MacNN searching for the truth and instead were forced to read the propaganda from these a-holes, it made it more difficult for the Patriotic American posters amongst us to get the truth out.
I suspect some of my current detractors may have been around when I first mentioned the presence of foreign agents and they have tried to blend in by acting all normal and stuff. But, because they know I'm their worst enemy as far as 'outing' them, they try to get rid of me at every opportunity. Kind of like the - - - - and the - - - - - - - in the Mid East. While I do what I do they send dirty looks and poisoned pm's to try to get rid of me.
By the way, you know I'm kidding around about this stuff, right? If anyone thought I was being serious it might be an indication they were the ones who needed bannination.
Ahemmm...what was the question??????
Ever heard of the boy that cried wolf?

Are you saying that you are kidding and that Obama is not a foreign agent?

kimosABE  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 20, 2012, 11:08 AM

Ever heard of the boy that cried wolf? 

Are you saying that you are kidding and that Obama is not a foreign agent?
I'll defer my answer until Obama shows all his college transcripts and records.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Aug 20, 2012, 11:36 AM

I'll defer my answer until Obama shows all his college transcripts and records.
That bastard, why doesn't he show us his college transcripts? I want the extra long form one, one that has been approved by any other state than that shiftless state of Hawaii... How about a real American state like Alabama or Mississippi? Those transcripts better not have been Photoshopped, we should send them off to Donald Trump's crack team for verification.

I mean, we *know* that Bush wasn't terribly good at school, and there are rumors that he tried cocaine, so I guess we should try to avoid electing another Bush? Maybe we should get Romney to provide his long form college transcripts, birth certificate, a list of all of his past transgressions, and all of his other records (except his tax returns) so that Donald Trump can verify them, along with the birther queen?

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Aug 20, 2012, 11:50 AM

How many pages do we have to make this thread before Anna Benson finds this via a Google search for herself (which I'm sure most celebs do) and drops in to say hi?

kimosABE  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 20, 2012, 12:25 PM

That bastard, why doesn't he show us his college transcripts? I want the extra long form one, one that has been approved by any other state than that shiftless state of Hawaii... How about a real American state like Alabama or Mississippi? Those transcripts better not have been Photoshopped, we should send them off to Donald Trump's crack team for verification.

I mean, we *know* that Bush wasn't terribly good at school, and there are rumors that he tried cocaine, so I guess we should try to avoid electing another Bush? Maybe we should get Romney to provide his long form college transcripts, birth certificate, a list of all of his past transgressions, and all of his other records (except his tax returns) so that Donald Trump can verify them, along with the birther queen?
Here's a shocker for you: George W. Bush's grades were better than John Kerry's.

Many neutral and Conservative political analysts say the reason Obama is hiding his school records is to hide what could very well show that he came to study here under a foreign student visa.

Why else would he keep the records hidden?

kimosABE  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 20, 2012, 12:31 PM

How many pages do we have to make this thread before Anna Benson finds this via a Google search for herself (which I'm sure most celebs do) and drops in to say hi?
Oh, that reminds me of the time, at another site, when we were talking about the White skinhead movement in America and we mentioned the name of White Aryan Resistance leader Tom Metzger, and a few posts later guess who shows up?

Yup.

White Aryan Resistance leader Tom Metzger.

It was awesome and very scary.

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Aug 20, 2012, 02:21 PM

Here's a shocker for you: George W. Bush's grades were better than John Kerry's.
I'm sorry but if no-one is calling the authenticity of the transcripts that "prove" that into question, then people should leave Obama's docs well alone.

Also, I'm sure its been said a billion times before, but would anyone even look into his citizenship or whatever if he were white? And surely the time to question all that was before he was elected anyway?
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Aug 20, 2012, 02:22 PM

Oh, that reminds me of the time, at another site, when we were talking about the White skinhead movement in America and we mentioned the name of White Aryan Resistance leader Tom Metzger, and a few posts later guess who shows up?
Yup.
White Aryan Resistance leader Tom Metzger.
It was awesome and very scary.
So you thought you'd bring him here? Nice.

While we're summoning people,

Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice.....
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Aug 20, 2012, 02:49 PM

Many neutral and Conservative political analysts say the reason Obama is hiding his school records is to hide what could very well show that he came to study here under a foreign student visa.
Why else would he keep the records hidden?
So in order for there to be a foreign student visa that would mean that his two disclosed birth certificates were forgeries, inferring that you are a birther since you feel that the jury is still out on his college transcripts not showing a foreign student visa status.

However, the plot thickens because not only would a student visa be required if he didn't obtain citizenship by being born in this country, but this would also mean that his Mom wasn't American, because otherwise he'd have no means to ever obtain permanent residency and eventually citizenship prior to his marriage or an employer willing to sponsor him... Hmmm, maybe you should do some research into Michelle Obama and some of Obama's past jobs?

Abe, you are ****ing loon, I love you!

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Aug 20, 2012, 05:14 PM

Ha! Ha! Ha!
I see what you are trying to do. The old 'turnaround'! How do we know that YOU'RE not the secret sleeper cell agent??
Exactly. Being concerned about "foreign agents" over the Internet is completely pointless, since none of us know for certain where the others are truly from. I *say* I'm from Canada. You *say* you're from the US. But, the reality is that it's quite easy to fabricate a persona if you really believed that you could influence America into ruin (be it Conservative ruin or Liberal ruin)

In fact, you have been tormenting me and attempting to discredit my every statement for YEARS!
I don't think that's completely true. I do seem to recall the shock of agreeing with you ... once.

kimosABE  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 20, 2012, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by Waragainstsleep View Post
I'm sorry but if no-one is calling the authenticity of the transcripts that "prove" that into question, then people should leave Obama's docs well alone.
Also, I'm sure its been said a billion times before, but would anyone even look into his citizenship or whatever if he were white? And surely the time to question all that was before he was elected anyway?
Uh oh, Waragainstsleep. You done gone and done it now! You brought up one of THE GLARING problems with Obama's presidency.

He was never fully vetted by the media the way he should have been...the way any other White Candidate would have and should have and always has been. If you were to look for my posts from back then you will probably find more than a few of them talking about just this problem!

In retrospect, here's what happened with/to the media (which is made up of mostly non-Black human beings) in the election of 2008.

The media fell soooo DEEEEPLY in love with:

1) The IDEA of a Black POTUS

2) The idea of THE FIRST Black POTUS and...

3) The idea of the First Black POTUS THAT "WE THE MEDIA" HELPED ELECT...

...that they convinced themselves it was alright to abandon their journalistic ethics and responsibility to this nation. 'Just this once' they allowed their personal feelings to prevail over their sense of honor and professionalism. Think of it. They abandoned their prized and precious and hard earned sense of credibility and public trust for a chance to make history.

To a large extent it wasn't even THEIR trust and credibility they allowed to be soiled, it was their predecessors' sacrifices and hard won esteem, 'the prize of the realm,' that was forever stained by going into the tank for Obama.

Obama. Barack Obama, who is so good looking and cool and smart and such a good family man and who has just a touch of foreign mystery about him. After all EVERYBODY loved him, didn't they? EVERYBODY felt the same way so even if they did 'lie down for him,' at least no one would be likely to hold their feet to the fire for committing this, the most serious of journalistic breaches.

They thought they'd get away with it 'Scot free' because there was no one in the Progressive circles they travel or in their Liberal minded newsrooms who hadn't felt the same way or who hadn't also made the same mistake.

And, if I read my fellow citizens correctly, vetting has never been seen as a particlarly important or glamourous part of a reporter's job. So, when it came time to vet Barack Obama it seems the media thought it was so unimportant to do that nobody bothered to do it. And besides, 'this could be the 1st Black POTUS!'

At that historic event in the making who could be bothered with professional detachment and objectivity, as is called for in journalism, when instead they could join our American version of a Presidential Coronation?

So, after 3+ years of living with the result of the media's failure to vet him the media is faced with their worst nightmare. That the Obama presidency has been a failure and the realization that he wasn't who or what they thought he was or would be. And worst of all, that THEY were the reason he had been elected at all. That now, 4 years later, their negligence and irresponsibility would have to endure the bright hot light of public disclosure from a citizen media, an alternative media (one that is far stronger and greater in number than in 2007 and 2008 and which represent many different constituencies).

Basically, in 2012 the media has to decide whether to swallow their pride and admit their guilt in failing to do their duty in '08 or double down and push hard, just as they did four years ago, to reelect BO no matter how bad he might be for America.

Oh, the media certainly does still lean to the Left for the most part. They will still lean toward Obama's reelection. But that's what makes this such a crucial campaign in even this one more way.

In WWII patriotic Germans had to decide whether they would continue to support a leadership which had failed them and seemed certain to end badly or whether they would change course, against the threat of terrible personal consequences to do the right thing.

Even if their stand against Nazism was a small and secretive stand, each one required courage and each one helped in some way to end their years long nightmare.

Members of today's media face a challenge not unlike, in principle, what Geman patriots faced in WWII.

Whether to continue fighting the wrong fight simply because of a faulty decision they'd made just 4 or so years ago, or to instead, part with their fellows and try to do what is best for their nation and by so doing hopefully be able to live with their past guilt.

I see signs that SOME members of the MSM are slowly starting to be more objective in their coverage of Obama, but it is still painfully obvious they are working for his re-election despite knowledge of his unsuitability for office.

I'm tired of thinking about this matter and writing this post. So for now I'm leaving it here, as is.

Damn you Waragainstsleep, see what you made me do?

kimosABE  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 20, 2012, 06:18 PM

So you thought you'd bring him here? Nice.
While we're summoning people,
Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice.....

kimosABE  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 20, 2012, 06:22 PM

So in order for there to be a foreign student visa that would mean that his two disclosed birth certificates were forgeries, inferring that you are a birther since you feel that the jury is still out on his college transcripts not showing a foreign student visa status.

However, the plot thickens because not only would a student visa be required if he didn't obtain citizenship by being born in this country, but this would also mean that his Mom wasn't American, because otherwise he'd have no means to ever obtain permanent residency and eventually citizenship prior to his marriage or an employer willing to sponsor him... Hmmm, maybe you should do some research into Michelle Obama and some of Obama's past jobs?

Abe, you are ****ing loon, I love you!

kimosABE  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 20, 2012, 06:24 PM

Exactly. Being concerned about "foreign agents" over the Internet is completely pointless, since none of us know for certain where the others are truly from. I *say* I'm from Canada. You *say* you're from the US. But, the reality is that it's quite easy to fabricate a persona if you really believed that you could influence America into ruin (be it Conservative ruin or Liberal ruin)
I don't think that's completely true. I do seem to recall the shock of agreeing with you ... once.
Oh yeah, there WAS that one time, eh?

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Aug 20, 2012, 06:31 PM

Uh oh, Waragainstsleep. You done gone and done it now! You brought up one of THE GLARING problems with Obama's presidency.
He was never fully vetted by the media the way he should have been...the way any other White Candidate would have and should have and always has been. If you were to look for my posts from back then you will probably find more than a few of them talking about just this problem!
In retrospect, here's what happened with/to the media (which is made up of mostly non-Black human beings) in the election of 2008.
The media fell soooo DEEEEPLY in love with:
1) The IDEA of a Black POTUS
2) The idea of THE FIRST Black POTUS and...
3) The idea of the First Black POTUS THAT "WE THE MEDIA" HELPED ELECT...
...that they convinced themselves it was alright to abandon their journalistic ethics and responsibility to this nation. 'Just this once' they allowed their personal feelings to prevail over their sense of honor and professionalism. Think of it. They abandoned their prized and precious and hard earned sense of credibility and public trust for a chance to make history.
To a large extent it wasn't even THEIR trust and credibility they allowed to be soiled, it was their predecessors' sacrifices and hard won esteem, 'the prize of the realm,' that was forever stained by going into the tank for Obama.
Obama. Barack Obama, who is so good looking and cool and smart and such a good family man and who has just a touch of foreign mystery about him. After all EVERYBODY loved him, didn't they? EVERYBODY felt the same way so even if they did 'lie down for him,' at least no one would be likely to hold their feet to the fire for committing this, the most serious of journalistic breaches.
They thought they'd get away with it 'Scot free' because there was no one in the Progressive circles they travel or in their Liberal minded newsrooms who hadn't felt the same way or who hadn't also made the same mistake.
And, if I read my fellow citizens correctly, vetting has never been seen as a particlarly important or glamourous part of a reporter's job. So, when it came time to vet Barack Obama it seems the media thought it was so unimportant to do that nobody bothered to do it. And besides, 'this could be the 1st Black POTUS!'
At that historic event in the making who could be bothered with professional detachment and objectivity, as is called for in journalism, when instead they could join our American version of a Presidential Coronation?
So, after 3+ years of living with the result of the media's failure to vet him the media is faced with their worst nightmare. That the Obama presidency has been a failure and the realization that he wasn't who or what they thought he was or would be. And worst of all, that THEY were the reason he had been elected at all. That now, 4 years later, their negligence and irresponsibility would have to endure the bright hot light of public disclosure from a citizen media, an alternative media (one that is far stronger and greater in number than in 2007 and 2008 and which represent many different constituencies).
Basically, in 2012 the media has to decide whether to swallow their pride and admit their guilt in failing to do their duty in '08 or double down and push hard, just as they did four years ago, to reelect BO no matter how bad he might be for America.
Oh, the media certainly does still lean to the Left for the most part. They will still lean toward Obama's reelection. But that's what makes this such a crucial campaign in even this one more way.
In WWII patriotic Germans had to decide whether they would continue to support a leadership which had failed them and seemed certain to end badly or whether they would change course, against the threat of terrible personal consequences to do the right thing.
Even if their stand against Nazism was a small and secretive stand, each one required courage and each one helped in some way to end their years long nightmare.
Members of today's media face a challenge not unlike, in principle, what Geman patriots faced in WWII.
Whether to continue fighting the wrong fight simply because of a faulty decision they'd made just 4 or so years ago, or to instead, part with their fellows and try to do what is best for their nation and by so doing hopefully be able to live with their past guilt.
I see signs that SOME members of the MSM are slowly starting to be more objective in their coverage of Obama, but it is still painfully obvious they are working for his re-election despite knowledge of his unsuitability for office.
I'm tired of thinking about this matter and writing this post. So for now I'm leaving it here, as is.
Damn you Waragainstsleep, see what you made me do?
Did you just compare Obama to Nazi Germany?

kimosABE  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 20, 2012, 06:38 PM

Did you just compare Obama to Nazi Germany?
*Thinking to myself, "what would Obama say?" "How would BO answer this question?"*

Nevermind what I said, besson3c!

The question SHOULD be, "How much did you pay in taxes last year? Hmmm?"

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Aug 20, 2012, 07:38 PM

*Thinking to myself, "what would Obama say?" "How would BO answer this question?"*
Nevermind what I said, besson3c!
The question SHOULD be, "How much did you pay in taxes last year? Hmmm?"
You aren't going to send me that pay no taxes infomercial again, are you?

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Aug 20, 2012, 08:28 PM

Oh yeah, there WAS that one time, eh?
It's possible I had a severe fever at the time ...

kimosABE  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 20, 2012, 09:02 PM

You aren't going to send me that pay no taxes infomercial again, are you?
Only FOREIGNERS think paying ZERO taxes is bad.

Ergo, you must be a foreigner.

kimosABE  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 20, 2012, 09:17 PM

It's possible I had a severe fever at the time ...
It's difficult for me to remember. Did I extend to you my get well wishes?

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Aug 21, 2012, 01:58 AM

So if Obama wasn't properly vetted, despite all the fuss about his birth certificate, student records, visas and releasing his tax returns what exactly is it you think the media would have found with this 'proper vetting'?

BTW, I only get bits and pieces that filter out of the US but I don't recall hearing any of this kind of fuss about Kerry, McCain, Bush or anyone else who ran in my adult life. I know enough to ignore anything with a Fox News logo on it of course.

kimosABE  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 21, 2012, 02:47 AM

So if Obama wasn't properly vetted, despite all the fuss about his birth certificate, student records, visas and releasing his tax returns what exactly is it you think the media would have found with this 'proper vetting'?
BTW, I only get bits and pieces that filter out of the US but I don't recall hearing any of this kind of fuss about Kerry, McCain, Bush or anyone else who ran in my adult life. I know enough to ignore anything with a Fox News logo on it of course.
You are only seeing what amounts to an inconsequential thrashing about by one or two reporters here or 2 or 3 media organizations there. There hasn't been enough focused media pressure to galvanize public sentiment...from Republicans AND Democrats...to force Obama to come clean. And the Main Stream Media (MSM) hasn't, by and large, followed up on some of the leads that clearly exist about Obama.

Contrast that with the hordes of reporters and organizations that went to Wassilla, Alaska to try to dig up dirt on Sarah Palin.

Here is just one website which explores some of the many unanswered questions about Obama.

http://www.westernjournalism.com/exclusive-investigative-reports/the-mystery-of-barack-obama-continues/

At one point all I wanted was to know the truth about the guy. But now I'm hoping some terribly disqualifying info is revealed. And NOT to get Obama out of office. That is going to happen on Nov. 6 (our election day). No, the reason I hope something awful is uncovered about Obama is so the MEDIA and most importantly, THE AMERICAN PEOPLE, learn an important lesson about the role the media plays in our elections and in our National security AND how necessary it is that each and every candidate, each and every time, MUST get a proper vetting.

What happened in 2008 must never happen again.

There's a new indie film starting to be shown widely across the country called "2016: Obama's America" which asks and answers some of the questions about him. The marketing tag line is, "Love him. Hate him. You don't know him."

If we knew about his Communist past would we have elected him? If it's true that he attended college on a foreign student visa would we have elected him had we known? There is just so much stuff. Read the page I linked to and you'll see.

The reason you never heard any of this vetting furor about Bush or McCain or Kerry or any of the other candidates is because they were all forthcoming with their qualifications for the job. They all wanted to let the people know their true history so they cooperated with the media. And the media just did their every day duty of investigating and reporting on these candidates without falling in love with them or their narratives.

But, as it stands now BO can withstand the relatively low levels of pressure coming from the media about his past because the MSM is still actively (and inappropriately) helping his campaign and he keeps lodging nuisance attacks on his opponent to furher keep any pressure off himself. He can stonewall and sidestep and shift the blame and change the subject and the only thing the public will see is a dustup. Then, when the dust settles there will be nothing to see. Obama will have prevailed.

He is an incompetent with a secret agenda and a harmful ideology who will damage this country greatly if given another 4 years in the White House. He needs to go home to Chicago.

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Aug 21, 2012, 04:27 AM

lol

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Aug 21, 2012, 11:48 AM

Abe, why don't you just start calling Obama Satan? It would be far more concise.

kimosABE  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 21, 2012, 12:11 PM

Upon re-reading of your post it occurred to me that you seem to have a misguided sense of pride at intentionally making yourself less well informed. In the Liberal media environment we inhabit Conservatives are forced to watch and pay attention to a good deal of Leftist propaganda. We have to make a concerted effort to find the few Conservative news sources to inform us and help shape our views. Having this kind of familiarization with Left wing ideology 'forced' upon us helps make us better informed than many so-called 'progressives.'

We are knowledgeable of both side's information. Leftists can only count on regularly getting the Left wing points of view unless they make a special effort to seek out and digest information from sources such as Fox News.

If I were you I'd start watching Fox News more often in order to become a better informed poster. And I'd also stop admitting in public that you prefer being less well informed. I think it would be an embarrassment.

kimosABE  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 21, 2012, 12:17 PM

Abe, why don't you just start calling Obama Satan? It would be far more concise.
Both names have five letters. I'll stick to calling him by his name, except in the infrequent instances I wish to convey another idea.

Thankyouverymuch.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Aug 21, 2012, 12:19 PM

Upon re-reading of your post it occurred to me that you seem to have a misguided sense of pride at intentionally making yourself less well informed. In the Liberal media environment we inhabit Conservatives are forced to watch and pay attention to a good deal of Leftist propaganda. We have to make a concerted effort to find the few Conservative news sources to inform us and help shape our views. Having this kind of familiarization with Left wing ideology 'forced' upon us helps make us better informed than many so-called 'progressives.'
We are knowledgeable of both side's information. Leftists can only count on regularly getting the Left wing points of view unless they make a special effort to seek out and digest information from sources such as Fox News.
If I were you I'd start watching Fox News more often in order to become a better informed poster. And I'd also stop admitting in public that you prefer being less well informed. I think it would be an embarrassment.
How about not watching cable news at all?

kimosABE  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 21, 2012, 12:36 PM

How about not watching cable news at all?
As delightful as you can sometimes be, if I or anyone stopped watching cable news altogether, wouldn't that make our POV's more like yours?

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Aug 21, 2012, 01:04 PM

As delightful as you can sometimes be, if I or anyone stopped watching cable news altogether, wouldn't that make our POV's more like yours?
Ever hear of the internet? Lots of different news on the internet, you know. Does cable news have some sort of monopoly on information?

kimosABE  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 21, 2012, 01:17 PM

Ever hear of the internet? Lots of different news on the internet, you know. Does cable news have some sort of monopoly on information?
I don't propose eliminating teh intraweb from the news sources one utilizes. Neither do I suggest cable/network news shold be one's only source of news. I say that cable and network tv news adds to the mix.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Aug 21, 2012, 01:25 PM

I don't propose eliminating teh intraweb from the news sources one utilizes. Neither do I suggest cable/network news shold be one's only source of news. I say that cable and network tv news adds to the mix.
If you are going for sheer quantity and don't care about quality, sure.

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Aug 21, 2012, 03:02 PM

By this "logic" I could call you uninformed for not getting all your news from Sesame Street.

Here is the thing, just because something isn't rightist, doesn't automatically make it leftist. You lump the neutral, the balanced, the fair and the reasonable and anything not far enough towards the right in with the leftists. You do this because you aren't interested in being informed of anything that didn't already agree with your worldview before you heard about it. This is true of anyone who watches Fox News for any reason other than to laugh at what the idiots are saying.

That stuff in the middle is where you might get informed. If I could find something as far left as Fox News is far right, I'd ignore that too. That said, I have a fairly well cultivated distrust of most journalists. If you bother to look into them, its amazing how often they change their specialist knowledge, opinions and I bet even political views to fit the jobs they are offered. You'd often be hard pressed to find someone less qualified to be providing you their opinion or judgement on whatever it is they are reporting about. Even those who don't show much bias will tend to embellish and sensationalise in order to raise their own profile so they can land an even better job. It actually means you have to work pretty hard to be genuinely informed these days. As Besson has already pointed out, cable news is probably not the place to do it.

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Aug 21, 2012, 05:08 PM

Both names have five letters. I'll stick to calling him by his name, except in the infrequent instances I wish to convey another idea.
Thankyouverymuch.
OMG! Both names also have 2 'A's!!! Obama IS Satan!

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Aug 21, 2012, 05:10 PM

Does cable news have some sort of monopoly on information?
For those who can't be bothered to put out more effort than to have their opinions spoon-fed to them, yes, cable news DOES have a monopoly on information.

Also, I'm a bit surprised at how long it took for this thread to make it's way to the PL. For my part, I've avoided any political posts in this thread since Abe's ban from the PL, so as not to tempt him into ban evasion.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Aug 21, 2012, 05:39 PM

For those who can't be bothered to put out more effort than to have their opinions spoon-fed to them, yes, cable news DOES have a monopoly on information.
Also, I'm a bit surprised at how long it took for this thread to make it's way to the PL. For my part, I've avoided any political posts in this thread since Abe's ban from the PL, so as not to tempt him into ban evasion.
For those that can't be bothered to put out more effort, switching cable news for any other source does not solve this underlying problem. People that take a more passive approach with news consumption are bound to be misinformed about something, sooner or later.

These people are probably also the target of political ads, so even if cable news offered substantive and balanced information, they'd still be subject to manipulation (although it would probably be less effective). Maybe eliminating those silly SuperPACs would help a little?

I'd argue that people without TV at all (like me) are probably at least as informed as anybody else so long as there is even just a minimal attempt to seek out the news from multiple sources. The act of seeking out information rather than turning the TV and letting whatever blather that happens to be on seep into your skull is probably a better recipe for forming a well constructed opinion in and of itself.

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Aug 21, 2012, 05:54 PM

Exactly. I suspect Abe is a bit deluded in his belief that conservatives are any different from liberal and seek out more than 1 point of view for their political perspective. *He* may do so, but I don't think he is an example of the majority.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Aug 21, 2012, 06:00 PM

Exactly. I suspect Abe is a bit deluded in his belief that conservatives are any different from liberal and seek out more than 1 point of view for their political perspective. *He* may do so, but I don't think he is an example of the majority.
To be honest, not to sound condescending towards you Abe, but I think a big part of Abe's fascination with Fox News in addition to it reinforcing his viewpoints is that it feeds into his conspiracy theory universe. I mean, let me guess, you were a fan of Glenn Beck, right Abe?

Forum Links
Forum Rules