Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > An issue with the "6" key!

An issue with the "6" key!
Fonzie
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 20, 2004, 03:46 PM

Hi,

I hope this is the right thread since this a thing that didn't come "inside the computer".

I have a problem or rather annoying issue the number 6 key on the numeric keypad on the right of the Apple Pro keyboard the came with my iMac 17" 800Mhz from 2002(bought it in 2003"

It is sometimes troublesome to write "P" by using either Shift-key. I then noticed today that occasionally when typing something anywhere- the number 6 would apppear and after it appears I cannot type "P". Today I then looked underneath the "6" key and noticed that the little rubber-thingy that pushes the key back is failing to do so to an extent. I can push the "6"-key and type "P" again but that's not okay with me.

Now the actual question: How do I go about getiing the rubber-thingy to work as everyother key on the keyboard? It's only now that I noticed this, maybe because I often just use the upper row of numbers on the keyboard below the F-keys.

Or maybe I have just typed "666" too many times!? hehe.

Many thanks in advance.
There's No Offposition On the Genius Switch - David Letterman

Fonzie  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 20, 2004, 07:03 PM

Don't bother replying

This is what was wrong: The rubber-thingy had flipped over, so I took some small tools and quietly turned the thing around. Thankfully it didn't slip under the other keys or completly vanished.

So now I can write "666" instead of "666666666666 etc." muahahahahhahahahahahahahahah
There's No Offposition On the Genius Switch - David Letterman

Forum Links
Forum Rules