Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Can I transfer all my .apps to a new 10.2 disk?

Can I transfer all my .apps to a new 10.2 disk?
TonyRado
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 6, 2002, 04:07 PM

Here's the situation: I am getting new external harddrive and I want to perform a "new" Jaguar install on it. So, is there anyway to then transfer all of existing applications from my old HD to my new one all at once? Or, do I have to go and install each one ("one by one") from either the disk or d/l?

P.S. I don't want to simply copy my existing HD and OS to the new external drive b/c I want a clean install of 10.2 on the new one.

Thanks again.

kovacs
Mac Elite
Sep 6, 2002, 05:11 PM

I did a clean install on a second partition and then dragged my apps over from my old 10.1 partition, most apps worked without a problem however photoshop and mozilla crashed on start up. I got photoshop to work after I copied some files that I found after I searched for all files that contained the word "photoshop". I had to re-install mozilla. Office v.X works like a charm and when you copy your home folder you even keep all your accounts, mail and rules, you only have to enter the password for each account. I had some problems with chimera too when I tried to drag over my bookmarks. I guess it's better to export the bookmarks from within the app and not just drag them over...

Meadowfield
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 6, 2002, 08:23 PM

Originally posted by kovacs:
... dragged my apps over from my old 10.1 partition, most apps worked without a problem...
Agreed. That's the beauty of X! Freaks Microsoft fans out.

TonyRado  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 8, 2002, 09:46 AM

Very nice. Thanks for the response. btw, where are the OmniWeb bookmarks found?

Ibson
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 8, 2002, 10:06 AM

Originally posted by TonyRado:
Very nice. Thanks for the response. btw, where are the OmniWeb bookmarks found?
~/Library/Application Support/OmniWeb/Bookmarks.html

Forum Links
Forum Rules