Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > CD Burner not burning

CD Burner not burning
TheZee
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 8, 2006, 03:45 AM

Has any one experienced this ??? I am attempting to backup some data to CD-RW's and I get the data on the disk but when I use the finder option to burn the disk, it fails everytime at the verification process. I get this error message stating, "the process could not be completed. Burn failed during verifiication (Error 3)." Then the dam finder ejects my CD-RW and all that time I spent backing up the data has been wasted. I have to then erase the disk and try again. Problem is, it fails during the verifying process every time. Any clues as to what this might be ??? Hardware diagnostic gives the drive itself a clean bill of health. Thanks.
Peace Out . . .
TheZee
MacBook Aluminum Unibody, 2GHz Intel Core duo, 2GB RAM, 160GB HD, OS X 10.5.7

unix
Jun 8, 2006, 06:04 PM

Umm...try with another disc maybe? Maybe there's something wrong with the CD-RW..

TheZee  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 9, 2006, 07:38 AM

I never thought that it could possibly be the actual CD-RW disk. I kind of don't think it is because I just burned a playlist off of iTunes with no problems at all. I never remember it being this difficult to back up my home folders, system folders and such. It's extremely frustrating because I have used about 4 different data back up utilities, completed the data backup process then have it all trashed when I attempt to burn the disk and I get that error message, "Verification Failed !!! Could not complete process. Then the disk gets ejected. I have had this happen like 4-5 times now. Pisses me off, and how !!! Anyone know of a good back up utility application that I could try ??? Anyone know if there could be some sort of corruption with my CD Burner ??? The Driver ??? Is there a preference file for the CD Burner that came with my iBook ??? Any and all guidance is greatly appreciated people. Thanks
Peace out . . .
Matt
TheZee
MacBook Aluminum Unibody, 2GHz Intel Core duo, 2GB RAM, 160GB HD, OS X 10.5.7

Forum Links
Forum Rules