Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > I keep losing my finder and .app preferences in Jaguar�

I keep losing my finder and .app preferences in Jaguar�
TonyRado
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 1, 2002, 11:51 AM

OK, for the second time now, I have completely lost a bunch of 'different' preferences for my desktop/finder and applications.
Here's a list of what I lose:
(1) My finder Toolbar reverts back to a stock Jag setting, and I loose my customized toolbar;
(2) Finder > Preferences reverts to stock Jag settings (by putting my HD back on my desktop; and opening my finder windows in "icon" - instead of column - view);
(3) "Show icon preview" reverts back to unchecked and give me generic icons;
(4) My System Preferences > 'General' preferences reverts back to Blue (instead of graphite);
(5) ASM (app switcher in the menubar) gets all whacked. It is still present, but the icons are small and it loses it's customized title.
(6) I lost ALL of my OmniWeb Toolar and other Preferences.
(7) My Copypaste clipboards are all garbled;
(8) I lost ALL of my Mail.app Toolbar and other Preferences!!!

What is happening?!?! There may be more changes that happen that I haven't noticed. Anyway, the first time it happened after I "upgraded" from 10.1.5 it was o.k. because that's how I learned about the "search" window in the finder's toolbar. However, these pseudo crashes are now starting to piss me off!!! Is there a library that I can use to just re-activate all my custom settings for my stuff? Better yet, can anyone tell me why the heck this is happening? Thanks.
( Last edited by TonyRado; Sep 1, 2002 at 12:59 PM. )

anly
Forum Regular
Sep 1, 2002, 11:56 AM

Your pt.3 is happening to me too. Even though I clicked the open all windows in column view, it still sometimes open windows in icon view. What gives??

Cheers...
Past Love:
Apple II, Mac SI, PB Duo, Pismo, iMac G4, Digital Audio
iMac Rev.A 256MB OSX10.3
PB 17" Rev. C 1.5Ghz
Current:
MacBook 2.0Ghz 10.5.2
MacBook Pro 2.4Ghz 17" 10.5.2

Forum Links
Forum Rules