Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > My 17" Journey

My 17" Journey
b3b0p
Forum Regular
Mar 22, 2003, 02:06 AM

So I preordered from MacConnection just a couple days ago. Then I read everybody is gettting them from Apple Stores.

So, I call I my 2 closest Apple Stores, Plano, Texas and Highland Park, Texas. Well Highland Park took down my name/number and Plano asked how fast I could be down their.

So I jumped in my car and drove... and drove... and drove... and drove... and drove...

finally 5 hours later I get their. Oh did I forget to mention I live in Stillwater, OK about 4 or so hours away?

Funny thing happened while I was driving down their. About 1 hour after I left, Highland Park called and asked if I wanted a Powerbook. I told them the Plano Store had one on hold for me until 5:00PM. I thought that was so cool. Here it is everyone is looking for a 17" Powerbook yet I am able to pick up 2 if I wanted. OK, I will stop rubbing it in Anywho...

So I got it. Paid for it. Then Left and drove... and... oh nevermind.

4+ hours later I am back home typing on my 17" Powerbokk as we speak.

This is the best Computer I have ever had in my entire life! Period!

The thing I am most impressed with is (you won't believe this) the Keyboard! I love the keyboard like no other keyboard I have ever used. Everyone elses first impression is like "Oh my it's so big" but mine was "Good God! This Keyboard kicks ass!"

Anyway, you probably want pics. I did my best to get the lighted keyboard and I think I did a dandy job. So here you go:

http://kaukis.com/BigBook/BigBook.html

Cheers,
Chris

God I love this keyboard! I can type so much faster! And it feels amazing!

Perhaps some of you would like to know that I will have my TiBook SD with me until Tuesday at the latest. If people are interested I can take some pics and do any testing. Sorry I don't have any games. I am pretty broke now
( Last edited by b3b0p; Mar 22, 2003 at 08:55 AM. )

tanhauser
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 22, 2003, 03:44 AM

Wow.... 5 hour drive to get it? You sure wanted it huh? Congrats!

Great pics of the keyboard backlight!

F

badnewsblair
Senior User
Mar 22, 2003, 05:08 AM

Great pics. Probably the best on the forum. Especially of the backlit keyboard. Have fun! I'm still waiting. Can't go into the store and get mine being that it is my graduation present and I'm still getting it early even if it takes all the way up to my on or before of 4.30.03.
[ 15 inch Macbook Pro 2.8 GHz Core 2 Duo ][ 20 inch Intel iMac 2 GB RAM / 256 MB ATI XT 1600 ][ iPhone OG (3GS on Reservation)][ White iPod 5th Gen. 60GB ]

b3b0p  (op)
Forum Regular
Mar 22, 2003, 08:27 AM

Not only did I want it bad but if I did not do this I would have been without a computer for 4 more weeks.

Plus it was kinda fun.

Thanks,
Chris
( Last edited by b3b0p; Mar 22, 2003 at 08:52 AM. )

Forum Links
Forum Rules