Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Our Archives > General Archives > Delicious Monster > Feature Request: Library Category

Feature Request: Library Category
galarneau
Senior User
Nov 22, 2006, 09:28 PM

I have a feature request, and I apologize if you've already heard this:

I borrow quite a lot of books from the public library. It would be great if D.L. could have a category to add books that you've read, but don't own.

I know I can add another bookshelf and call it "Library", but it would be a nice feature to be able to segregate my browsing by books that I own and books that I've read (or am planning to read?).

Just a thought.

eclectic
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 25, 2006, 09:29 AM

While I track the family library... my son tracks all his wish lists nd library read books. We currently use shelves for this, but it is getting harder and harder to separate the books easily. (He checks out 20 books every three weeks) and with me headed into grad studies in science it's going to be as bad for me!

This would be the Number one feature I would request...either that or allowing separate library files.

Trejkaz
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 26, 2006, 11:36 PM

Tracking my wish list inside DL would be fantastic. Imagine if it showed "ghost" books on the shelf which you didn't own yet but were planning to. You could see which volumes you need to complete a series, and do things like generate gift idea lists straight form the app.

Brilliant. :-)

Delicious Monster
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 28, 2006, 12:26 AM

I should point out you can use the "owner" along with shelves to make it a little more obvious which books you don't actually own.

Forum Links
Forum Rules