Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Importing PC Outlook .pst files to Entourage

Importing PC Outlook .pst files to Entourage
Mr Mushroom
Forum Regular
Jul 17, 2004, 11:18 PM

I have just puchased a G4 powerbook (my first MAC) and as I am accustomed to using MS Outlook as my main E-mail program, I have purchased Office 2004 for MAC to begin using Entourage instead. I am wondering though how I will import all my mail/contacts etc into the new program as Entourage does not seem to support .pst files. I have read some posts about an exchange server but I do not think I use one of those - I have my own web-site and all my mail goes through there.

Any ideas how I can convert these .pst files to something that Entourage can import?

Any advice would be much appreciated,

Thanks

Mr Mushroom

Musti
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 17, 2004, 11:42 PM

unregistered
Forum Regular
Jul 17, 2004, 11:42 PM

Here is a page that describes one method. I don't know if a better way has been discovered/developed since:

http://www.oreillynet.com/cs/user/view/cs_msg/9928

Sod Off Sadr
Dedicated MacNNer
Location: I sent hundreds of followers to their deaths. Then I cut and ran. Now I'm livin' large somewhere in Najaf.
Jul 17, 2004, 11:53 PM

Might as well point it out: Mac = Macintosh. MAC = media access control. Never the two should you mix.
You heard me! Sod off, Sadr!

Mr Mushroom  (op)
Forum Regular
Jul 18, 2004, 04:06 AM

Thanks so much for all this valuable advice. I now have some options to consider - I will probably get the Outlook2Mac program, as that seems like the easiest way to do this (I have many large files).

Thanks again

Mushroom

Forum Links
Forum Rules