Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > BTO iBook Delivery Time

BTO iBook Delivery Time
bo989
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 27, 2004, 05:19 PM

Hi guys. I ordered a BTO iBook, but apple says it'll be 1-3 weeks before it even ships. Does anyone have experience with such long wait times? Are they generally accurate or does apple over/under-estimate? What have your experiences been?

Thanks!

motoyen
Forum Regular
Aug 28, 2004, 04:07 AM

I got my BTO 12" ibook and 4G ipod in just over a week. I'm in Canada and my ibook came from Cali. If your in the US it will probably be faster.

bo989  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 28, 2004, 04:14 AM

Thanks for the reply motoyen. When did you order your iBook and how long did they estimate it would take? I'm also in Canada and my ship before date is September 15th. I just hope it doesn't actually take that long.

cold aspiration
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 28, 2004, 04:27 PM

BTO takes longer than regular.. especially when it is shipped from taiwan

bo989  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 28, 2004, 10:30 PM

Thanks for the reply c.a.

I assume BTO takes longer. Apple has told me it will be 1-3 weeks before it ships. What I'm wondering is if, in other people's experience, the build time is closer to the 1 or the 3 weeks.

cold aspiration
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 30, 2004, 01:58 PM

1-3 weeks is a big range for that reason, so apple can always say they delivered on the promised time or earlier. Generally it is earlier (what i read on these forums) and mine came earlier than promised too, which was BTO from taiwan. just relax.. its worth the wait. my cousin who just ordered a stock ibook right from the site got hers in 3 days standard shipping from cali

bo989  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 30, 2004, 05:45 PM

thanks for the reply.

bo989  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 31, 2004, 04:05 PM

I just thought I'd update everyone. After ordering my iBook on August 23rd 2004, I just received an email and tracking number showing that it shipped from Taiwan on August 28th, just 5 days later! It should be here by the end of the week. Looks like I'll have it in time for school.

Forum Links
Forum Rules