Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > How Will You Upgrade to Tiger?

View Poll Results: What method will you use to upgrade to Tiger?
Poll Options:
Clean install 111 votes (41.89%)
Archive and install 67 votes (25.28%)
Simple upgrade 82 votes (30.94%)
Not upgrading 5 votes (1.89%)
Voters: 265. You may not vote on this poll
How Will You Upgrade to Tiger? (Page 3)
Twister
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 30, 2005, 10:05 AM

I did an archive and install and it failed. Then didn't have enough room to do any install except a clean install so I had to boot into OS9 to try and save my important files and applications. Then I did a clean install and that worked, however now I'm trying to remember what I lost. Good news is that all my user fiels were saved so I don't think I lost anything too important.

desertmac
Forum Regular
Apr 30, 2005, 10:16 AM

Whoops. I intended to do an Archive and Install, but got ahead of myself and did just a simple upgrade. Is there anything I should be looking out for (incompatibilities, known problems with the upgrade process, etc) now as I start to work with the new system? I am launching all of my apps and testing them out slowly. Anything else I should be doing?

themexican
Apr 30, 2005, 12:26 PM

We did a big install here on about 30 machines yesterday. We were having more problems with archive and install than we were with simple upgrades, so we started just upgrading.

Everyone has been using Tiger pretty heavily and so far very few problems. The biggest issue so far is that many of us have huge iphoto databases on externals and spotlight doesn't seem to catch the keyword metadata in your library is not local.

Hamgard
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 1, 2005, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by Jupeman
I damned the torpedoes, went balls-to-the-wall, and clicked "upgrade". No backup no nothing. Seems to have worked fine. So far so good. Mmm, Tiger...

http://homepage.mac.com/jupeman/.Pictures/Tiger.jpg
Where d'you get that Tiger piccie? My Missus would love it as a desktop....
( Last edited by Detrius; May 1, 2005 at 06:39 PM. )

Forum Links
Forum Rules