Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Wireless Help

Wireless Help
Big-J-Dubb
Apr 20, 2007, 07:59 PM

Ok guys I have a powermac G5 1.8 GHZ single processor and want to know my options for good wireless signal. Other than APX card and External antena what are the other options. Also can yall point me in right direction with links thankz guys

Big-J-Dubb  (op)
Apr 20, 2007, 08:01 PM

I belive its the powermac model with 4 gig Ram limit and pci slots not pci-x but maybe it is someone please post links where i can tell or program that will tell me or pictures thankz again guys

bowwowman
Mac Elite
Apr 21, 2007, 09:19 AM

You could buy a USB wireless adapter, just plug. it in one of the ports on the back and go that way. Netgear, Belkin and several others make them. Just have to shop around at your favorite store, but most are in the $20-40 range............ do you already have a wireless access point (Router/modem/base station) ?
Personally I find it hilarious that you have the hots for my gramma. Especially seeins how she is 3x your age, and makes your Brittney-Spears-wannabe 30-something wife look like a rag doll who went thru WWIII with a burning stick of dynamite up her a** :)

Big-J-Dubb  (op)
Apr 21, 2007, 11:14 AM

I have a belkin wireless 54g router. But the singnal strength on those usb dongles are weak and need to be close range to pick a decent singal. so i need a better solution, but thanks for your help. Anyone got any anwsers ?

mfbernstein
Senior User
Apr 21, 2007, 02:02 PM

One of these 802.11g PCI cards? External antenna should make for decent signal.

Forum Links
Forum Rules