Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > FS: 24" iMac with 7600gt & 2.16ghz

FS: 24" iMac with 7600gt & 2.16ghz
downinflames68
Baninated
Mar 8, 2010, 02:01 AM

This is a feeler.

THIS IS NOT YOUR AVERAGE 24" iMac that sucks at anything 3d. This one has the GOOD graphics card, that outperforms most products that Apple offers today.

I'm doing a lot of rendering lately and I'm thinking about upgrading to a new 27" model purely for the speed boost for high end 3d rendering. Now... I'm not knocking this one, it's definitely adequate, but I do kind of specialized 3d stuff. Anyway.. this is a 24" iMac with a 2.16ghz C2D, and the 256 meg 7600GT. This thing has been an AWESOME machine, excluding the lack of input port. I purchased this new in 2007 sometime, and everything works great on it. I run XP black and 10.6, no issues, and it runs everything very well. Again, this is a feeler to see what I could get for it. I don't have to sell, but buying a new one can be written off for my business, so I'm thinking about it. If you do not know how "special" this machine is, please see this review of how well the 7600GT equipped iMac stacks up against newer ones:

Low Rez 3D Games on the iMac 2009

Notice how the 7600GT equipped iMac smokes ones with much faster CPUs. Yeah. Awesome stuff, and the reason I sprang for it.

I'm thinking... 1100 or best offer, consider it will destroy Apple's low end iMac in any type of 3d work, as well as having a much larger display than 21". Plus it has a MATTE screen, so it is a lot more accurate for graphic work.

INCLUDES: iMac (fantastic shape, nothing wrong, no scratches, felt feet so it doesn't mar up your desk, aluminum THIN keyboard (not originally available with this machine), 10.4 discs, but comes preloaded with a bunch of stuff (pm for details). Original box and packing materials, original discs, and remote. Again, this will outperform apple's low end iMac in most things, with a larger screen.
( Last edited by downinflames68; Mar 9, 2010 at 12:02 AM. )

Big-J-Dubb
Mar 8, 2010, 03:12 PM

man you feeler price way to high for 2.16 Core 2 Duo more like 750.00 - 800.00 range really but good luck with that in here but you might get that steep price on ebay most people there are morons and pay over market value but again good luck

downinflames68  (op)
Baninated
Mar 8, 2010, 03:37 PM

For 750 you will get a 24" imac with the normal, CRAPTACULAR graphics card. As I stated, this is special. If you can find me an iMac with a 7600GT for only $750, please show me. Until then, I do not believe you. I see the NORMAL ones with the NORMAL graphics card going for $700-800, and considering this one outperforms even the BRAND NEW low end imacs, I think it is worth quite a bit more.

Big-J-Dubb
Mar 9, 2010, 12:51 AM

ok here you go Apple Intel Core 2 Duo/2.66GHz 20" iMac - Mac Of All Trades

boom 899.00 and way better than yours but little lower graphics but way more power

Big-J-Dubb
Mar 9, 2010, 12:52 AM

oh and 2 yrs newer

Big-J-Dubb
Mar 9, 2010, 12:55 AM

and alum. body but 20 inch but they usually have better selection it changes by day to day and week but if you just scope out the site in apple desktops you will see what the price medium is for used macs here is the link

Buy and Sell Used Macs - We Have Used Macs, Refurbished Apple Desktops, Apple Notebooks, Peripherals - Mac of All Trades

downinflames68  (op)
Baninated
Mar 9, 2010, 02:12 AM

Originally Posted by Big-J-Dubb View Post
ok here you go Apple Intel Core 2 Duo/2.66GHz 20" iMac - Mac Of All Trades

boom 899.00 and way better than yours
Are you mentally retarded? You point out a 20" model with a shit graphics card, for $900?

Tell you what, it is not for sale, AT ANY PRICE, to crackheads like yourself. Please go back climb back into your 84 cadillac with chrome rimz, and drive your ass back into the ghetto. Say hi to the other crackheads for me.
( Last edited by downinflames68; Mar 9, 2010 at 02:34 AM. )

angelmb
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 10, 2010, 05:36 PM

I like Nvidia and I also like competition, but dude, does ATI suck.

downinflames68  (op)
Baninated
Mar 10, 2010, 09:47 PM

So do people who think that a puny 20" iMac with crappy GPU is worth more than a 24" iMac that outperforms it and has a better LCD.

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Mar 10, 2010, 09:56 PM

I must say that the base 27" iMac feels laggy (graphically) even when compared to a 9400M MacBook Pro...

downinflames68  (op)
Baninated
Mar 10, 2010, 10:25 PM

yeah, I wish Apple would offer BTO GPU options in all their products. Imagine the value of a mac mini with a decent GPU. Or my 13" macbook pro. It'd be awesome.

angelmb
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 11, 2010, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by downinflames68 View Post
So do people who think that a puny 20" iMac with crappy GPU is worth more than a 24" iMac that outperforms it and has a better LCD.
20" glossy display Vs. 24"antiglare display?? no need to look further, people love to talk nonsense

My brother is an Industrial Designer as well, his iMac is the 2007 Aluminum model, 24" with the RAM maxed out, 4 GB and a 500 GB hard disk, as he has to run Boot Camp, -thank goodness more and more specialized software is arriving to the Mac.- Why does he need to run Boot Camp?, you guessed right, the crappy ATI Radeon 2600 GPU, which sucks under Virtualization software.

Besides that, those white iMac still keep its cool, and provided the right atmosphere even more, documentary evidence below:

Forum Links
Forum Rules