Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Huge time difference between Mac and iPhone

Huge time difference between Mac and iPhone
JKT
Professional Poster
Nov 23, 2010, 05:50 AM

Well, this is slightly bizarre. My Mac has been set up to grab its date and time automatically from Apple Europe (time.euro.apple.com) since day one and my iPhone is also configured to automatically set the date and time (no idea where it grabs the data as it doesn't say). However, the two times differ by a whopping 8 minutes (Mac is currently showing 09:46, iPhone is 09:38). A discrepancy of a minute or two at most I could just about understand, but 8 minutes?

I've tried updating the time on my iPhone manually to match my Mac, but as soon as I set it to automatic, it reverts to being 8 minutes slow again.

Is anyone else noticing this? Any ideas how I can fix it?

JKT  (op)
Professional Poster
Nov 23, 2010, 06:42 AM

OK, synched my iPhone with iTunes (I do this every day, btw, so this issue is not due to me neglecting regular synching), and got alerted about a carrier update and now my time is back to matching my Mac's. Wonder if it will stick...

Forum Links
Forum Rules