Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Drunk Friend spilled on my macbook pro!? help?

Drunk Friend spilled on my macbook pro!? help?
Southpaw1991
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 18, 2011, 03:10 PM

So here is the story. I go to college and live in a dorm with my best friend Aaron. One night he him and my other friend Alec come back to the room ( I am not their). I left my laptop lid open because I recently was in my room. Alec jumps on my laptop (he is drunk) playing music, surfing the web and spills mountain dew all on my macbook pro! I come back to my room later to find it all sticky and crusted all over the track pad and near the fn key. I run to the bathroom scrub it down and turn it off for the night.

The next morning I turn my macbook on. It works fine THANK GOD! However!...my fn is making weird noises every time i push it down (Im guessing mountain dew got to it.....) Not only that being the problem. recently whenever I open up final cut pro or other random programs, and at random the screen goes blank...like it went to sleep. BUT it didn't go to sleep. i press every button, it dosent respond, the light is not blinking like its asleep either.

I have an appointment scheduled at the mac store for them to take it apart and fix the fn key and address this blank screen problem.

Does anyone have any suggestions of what else i could try? Or has anyone had this blank screen problem?

I hate my friend.

seanc
Moderator Emeritus
Apr 18, 2011, 03:12 PM

We have a sticky for this, please re-post in there: http://forums.macnn.com/69/mac-noteb...4/#post4068752

Forum Links
Forum Rules