Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Heroes Season Premier

Heroes Season Premier (Page 6)
dlefebvre
Mac Elite
Nov 14, 2007, 01:32 PM

After a disapointing slow start, you have to admit that it picked up the pace real good. The last 2 episodes were quite exciting. I had almost lost faith but I'm a believer once again.

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Nov 14, 2007, 01:55 PM

Told you so. It's just like last season: The first few episodes build up, then the rest kick ass.
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

mdc
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 14, 2007, 02:34 PM

While I enjoyed Monday's episode because of the backstory it gave, it felt too untidy.
In my opinion, everything we learned on Monday should have been told to us during the season's story-line, and not in one 'flashback episode'.

Other than that, the show is picking up and getting interesting.

Nodnarb  (op)
Mac Elite
Nov 14, 2007, 03:16 PM

I loved mondays show... I agree it shouldn't have been all in one flashback episode 6 episodes into the season...it felt like it would be a good season 2 opener. It literally picked up right where season 1 left off, then moves right into season 2 (well, then it kind of skips ahead the episodes we've seen up till the present point).

Either way, the show is definitely back on track now. I just hope we don't end up getting screwed from the writer's strike.

scottiB
Professional Poster
Nov 14, 2007, 05:55 PM

The Niki/DL plot line was laughable.

DL survives a gunshot>Niki spawns another personality from nowhere>DL gets killed....by another gunshot.

It took Peter two months to realize he was a prisoner? When did he absorb DL's power? From 40 feet away when DL was bleeding out in Kirby Plaza?

Nathan is healed, then sprouts a month-old beard in days? And isn't he an elected congressman?

And what happened to the iPods?!?!?!?
I am stupidest when I try to be funny.

SirCastor
Professional Poster
Nov 14, 2007, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by scottiB View Post
And what happened to the iPods?!?!?!?
This is the one question I asked out loud...
Originally Posted by nodnarb
Either way, the show is definitely back on track now. I just hope we don't end up getting screwed from the writer's strike.
Unfortunately, I think this is inevitable. I wonder what happens to shows if the strike is prolonged? Do they just run into the off season?
2008 iMac 3.06 Ghz, 2GB Memory, GeForce 8800, 500GB HD, SuperDrive
8gb iPhone on Tmobile

Art Vandelay
Professional Poster
Nov 14, 2007, 06:20 PM

Nathan is healed, then sprouts a month-old beard in days? And isn't he an elected congressman?
Didn't he also become an alcoholic?
Vandelay Industries

lavar78
Professional Poster
Nov 14, 2007, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by Chuckit View Post
Told you so. It's just like last season: The first few episodes build up, then the rest kick ass.

"I'm virtually bursting with adequatulence!" - Bill McNeal, NewsRadio

Professional Poster
Nov 14, 2007, 06:40 PM

Heroes has been filmed 11 episodes up to December 13th. They filmed an alternate ending to serve as the season finale if no end is in sight for the strike.

scottiB
Professional Poster
Nov 14, 2007, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by adamfishercox View Post
Heroes has been filmed 11 episodes up to December 13th. They filmed an alternate ending to serve as the season finale if no end is in sight for the strike.
Yep. My guess--if the strike continues into January/February--that this will be the end until next September. I doubt that season would extend into the June/July if production resumed - TV viewership declines in the summer.

Also, though I'm picking on it, I still like the show very much. I'm just utterly frustrated with the plot holes. If Lost can come back rather strongly, Heroes can.
I am stupidest when I try to be funny.

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Nov 14, 2007, 08:39 PM

TV viewership declines in the summer.
I always wonder if this is a chicken/egg thing. Like, I would be just as willing to watch TV in the summer as I am the winter, but I don't because there's absolutely nothing on.
Chuck
___

Cold Warrior
Nov 14, 2007, 08:58 PM

I always wonder if this is a chicken/egg thing. Like, I would be just as willing to watch TV in the summer as I am the winter, but I don't because there's absolutely nothing on.
Exactly. There's nothing to watch. I usually use the time to introduce myself to new and older shows that I haven't had time to get into.

lavar78
Professional Poster
Nov 14, 2007, 09:37 PM

They've been changing that in the last few years. For instance, USA has found a lot of success with Monk, Psych, and Burn Notice in the summer months. The first two shows split their seasons into winter and summer.

jonasmac
Senior User
Location: Guam - where the grass is green and the girls are pretty
Nov 14, 2007, 09:41 PM

I agree.

SirCastor
Professional Poster
Nov 14, 2007, 10:01 PM

Rewatching "4 months ago", I had a strange thought.
When peter comes across the Haitan again, now having his ability,if they meet again are they going to have some sort of weird feedback thing going on? Each using his power to block power usage?
8gb iPhone on Tmobile

Cold Warrior
Nov 14, 2007, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by SirCastor View Post
Rewatching "4 months ago", I had a strange thought.
When peter comes across the Haitan again, now having his ability,if they meet again are they going to have some sort of weird feedback thing going on? Each using his power to block power usage?
I had thought about that too. He should be immune to the suppression if he acquired that ability, unless by suppressing Peter's 'collection' ability, he never collected it at all.

Nodnarb  (op)
Mac Elite
Nov 15, 2007, 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
I had thought about that too. He should be immune to the suppression if he acquired that ability, unless by suppressing Peter's 'collection' ability, he never collected it at all.
That's interesting, didn't think of it that way. So then really, it could be said that the Haitian has the ultimate power. He'd be the only one who can stop Peter. (Unless Peter still did collect the power, then the Haitian is no more powerful than anyone else)

jonasmac
Senior User
Nov 21, 2007, 12:04 AM

Wow. No comments on this last episode? What a cop out at the end, eh? And speaking of cops, looks like someone is embracing the dark side.

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 21, 2007, 12:11 AM

Saw it from a mile away, but I'm glad what happened at the end, happened.
"Everything's so clear to me now: I'm the keeper of the cheese and you're the lemon merchant. Get it? And he knows it.
That's why he's gonna kill us. So we got to beat it. Yeah. Before he let's loose the marmosets on us."
my bandmy web sitemy guitar effectsmy photosfacebookbrightpoint

Cold Warrior
Nov 21, 2007, 12:33 AM

me too

I know some people label that as not being brave enough to 'advance the plot' because they won't kill off a main character, but I don't buy it — yet. They're just in season 2, with lots of territory left unexplored. If you kill off your best, most engaging characters this early, you kill off promising plot lines that could dig deeper, because the background is already there. No having to start over with a new character. They tried cloning season 1's tone onto season 2, and it failed miserably. Only in the last few episodes, by embracing the core characters, have they reenergized (somewhat) the series.

voodoo
Posting Junkie
Nov 21, 2007, 01:02 AM

Dr. Shuresh: the man you don't want on your side. He seems to randomly choose sides depending on what suits his current superficial moral needs.

V
I could take Sean Connery in a fight... I could definitely take him.

jonasmac
Senior User
Nov 21, 2007, 01:25 AM

Originally Posted by voodoo View Post
Dr. Shuresh: the man you don't want on your side. He seems to randomly choose sides depending on what suits his current superficial moral needs.

V
I love the road they're taking these characters. You can't tell who are the heroes and who are the true villains. More and more, they're turning out to be just regular people looking out for their own interests. No one has that "Superman/Boyscout" mentality....everyone's an antihero.

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Nov 21, 2007, 04:19 AM

Originally Posted by voodoo View Post
Mohinder has never really made sense. In the very first episode, when he meets Mr. Bennett, he's scared into abandoning his cab and running like a little girl just because Mr. Bennett says, "Hey, I knew a Suresh. I guess that must be the Indian equivalent of Smith or Jones." And then he discovers his father had a notebook hidden inside his laptop. And then he travels with Sylar for a week and doesn't realize his buddy is killing people until he basically finds a huge note that reads "HEY MORON, YOUR FRIEND ISN'T WHO HE SAYS!" It's like the dude wandered in from a parallel universe where reason and logic have no hold.
Chuck
___

Nodnarb  (op)
Mac Elite
Nov 21, 2007, 05:05 AM

Originally Posted by jonasmac View Post
I love the road they're taking these characters. You can't tell who are the heroes and who are the true villains. More and more, they're turning out to be just regular people looking out for their own interests. No one has that "Superman/Boyscout" mentality....everyone's an antihero.
I was thnking that too, in the clip for next week it shows a hiro vs peter&adam fight scene... That got me thinking pretty muc what you just said there is no clear cut villian/hero (ezpecially this season, last season at least it was sort of peter vs. Sylar now its just a free for all...but I like it!

*sorry if there are any typos, typed it from my iPhone

mdc
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 21, 2007, 09:57 AM

I didn't see the end coming because I didn't think they'd "cop out" like that. I like Noah but was glad that they had the balls to kill him, but I wasn't impressed seeing the end. Yes, they'll probably create an interesting situation for him, but that doesn't change the fact that they copped out.

As for the rest of the episode, I enjoyed it. I like that Parkman (the cop?) has a very dark side and is taking advantage of his powers. It seems more 'human', because I honestly can't say I'd be a nothing-but-good guy if I had powers. I would most definitely use them for my own benefit.

Nodnarb  (op)
Mac Elite
Nov 21, 2007, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by mdc View Post
I didn't see the end coming because I didn't think they'd "cop out" like that. I like Noah but was glad that they had the balls to kill him, but I wasn't impressed seeing the end. Yes, they'll probably create an interesting situation for him, but that doesn't change the fact that they copped out.

As for the rest of the episode, I enjoyed it. I like that Parkman (the cop?) has a very dark side and is taking advantage of his powers. It seems more 'human', because I honestly can't say I'd be a nothing-but-good guy if I had powers. I would most definitely use them for my own benefit.
Agree with the 2nd part about Parkman, loved that, can't wait to see his powers grow more.

As for HRG, I don't really see it as copping out. Right when he died the first thought I had was oh they'll use Adam's (or Claire's blood) to bring him back, but my friend said he didn't think so because Nathan was still alive when the blood worked on him, he didn't think the blood could work for a dead guy. Thirty seconds later, they did it.
I think it's showing the potential of the blood and the cure rather than just copping out and keeping the character alive. And if it makes you feel any better, I doubt Claire and her family will know he's alive for a long while, so you can pretend their pain is real .

I also thought the scene with Hiro and his dad at the funeral was great. When Hiro talked to his younger self, it was the PERFECT parallel of his situation, I mean it was just so awesome he immediately saw how childish he was being. The kid said "I'm a hero, I will save my Daddy!" It just fit together like a puzzle, I loved that part.

Not that I'm complaining, but did they forget about Maya & Alejandro? They haven't been in the past few episodes have they? Edit: Nevermind, I forgot the 4 months ago where it showed her first learning her "power." My mind was working with them still in the car with Sylar.

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Nov 21, 2007, 10:55 AM

I also didn't think they'd be able to bring a dead man back with Claire's blood after the fact, but I didn't want HRG to die. Now if they went so far to get Claire's blood, are we to believe they never tried getting Adam's blood while he was locked up all those years?

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 21, 2007, 11:04 AM

There's the chance that Bob had Claire's blood with him, so he popped Noah before he really "died." Seems unlikely, but that's one angle they could use, since we're talking about TV.
"Everything's so clear to me now: I'm the keeper of the cheese and you're the lemon merchant. Get it? And he knows it.
That's why he's gonna kill us. So we got to beat it. Yeah. Before he let's loose the marmosets on us."

Cold Warrior
Nov 21, 2007, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by RAILhead View Post
There's the chance that Bob had Claire's blood with him, so he popped Noah before he really "died." Seems unlikely, but that's one angle they could use, since we're talking about TV.
I suspect Mohinder had a change of heart and regretted what he'd done. He either went behind Bob's back and juiced up Noah, or escaped with the body and the blood (somehow incapacited everyone in the van and got away with Noah's body, the blood, and the van).

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Nov 21, 2007, 11:12 AM

Mohinder didn't want to kill HRG but didn't think he had any other choice because he wanted the blood. And Bob doesn't like HRG anymore but took pity on him because they're both fathers trying to save their daughters. I guess.

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

SirCastor
Professional Poster
Nov 21, 2007, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by Nodnarb View Post
Not that I'm complaining, but did they forget about Maya & Alejandro? They haven't been in the past few episodes have they? Edit: Nevermind, I forgot the 4 months ago where it showed her first learning her "power." My mind was working with them still in the car with Sylar.
For all I care, they can continue to forget about the 3 in the car. Sylar's lost my interest, and Maya and Alejandro never had it.
8gb iPhone on Tmobile

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 21, 2007, 11:19 AM

Just sayin'

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Nov 21, 2007, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by RAILhead View Post
It seemed to me that he was supposed to be dead since his eyes were all glassy, then went back to normal.

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 21, 2007, 11:27 AM

True that -- I forgot about that.

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Nov 21, 2007, 11:28 AM

That's what happens when Claire's dead before she revives.

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 21, 2007, 11:29 AM

True that, too.

exca1ibur
Mac Elite
Nov 21, 2007, 01:01 PM

For all I care, they can continue to forget about the 3 in the car. Sylar's lost my interest, and Maya and Alejandro never had it.
I agree. Maya and Alejandro just seem out of place in the whole thing and Sylar is just hanging out there with no real connection to the plot.

Everything else is starting to move along well. I'm starting to hate Mohinder, he sure the hell is confused. Just cap the guy and get it over with. He jumps sides so much I'm surprised any of them trust him.

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Nov 21, 2007, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by exca1ibur View Post
I agree. Maya and Alejandro just seem out of place in the whole thing and Sylar is just hanging out there with no real connection to the plot.
Other than the fact that Maya's heading to NYC with a virus generating power and there's a bunch of folks messing with virii at the company building in NYC.
Been inclined to wander... off the beaten track.
That's where there's thunder... and the wind shouts back.

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Nov 21, 2007, 05:54 PM

I wonder if Alejandro's power is what saves the world. (BTW, thanks to the people above for saying his name, because I can never remember his name and normally just call him "that Mexican tool.")
Chuck
___

SirCastor
Professional Poster
Nov 21, 2007, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by Doofy View Post
Other than the fact that Maya's heading to NYC with a virus generating power and there's a bunch of folks messing with virii at the company building in NYC.
Virus Generating power? I must've missed something, I don't recall any connection between the virus and Maya's ability. I thought she just had some fantastic black death power...
8gb iPhone on Tmobile

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Nov 21, 2007, 06:37 PM

Virus Generating power? I must've missed something, I don't recall any connection between the virus and Maya's ability. I thought she just had some fantastic black death power...
Her power is a virus that causes the black tears. It doesn't seem to be the virus in question, though…
Chuck
___

Rumor
Nov 21, 2007, 06:39 PM

The virus has something to do with the experiments of the Company.
I like my water with hops, malt, hops, yeast, and hops.

mdc
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 21, 2007, 07:52 PM

I agree. I think the virus is what they're using at The Company to nullify people's abilities. Mohinder said that his blood wasn't working anymore.
I think their 'vaccination' evolves and starts affecting people with powers and people without.

lavar78
Professional Poster
Nov 21, 2007, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by Nodnarb View Post
Agree with the 2nd part about Parkman, loved that, can't wait to see his powers grow more.

As for HRG, I don't really see it as copping out. Right when he died the first thought I had was oh they'll use Adam's (or Claire's blood) to bring him back, but my friend said he didn't think so because Nathan was still alive when the blood worked on him, he didn't think the blood could work for a dead guy. Thirty seconds later, they did it.
I figured that's what they'd do, but I don't mind because HRG rocks. If anything, I'm a little surprised they did it in the same episode, but that's fine with me. It was a nice parallel to Peter's death as foretold by Isaac last year.

I really enjoyed West ramming Elle and her paying him back by shooting him down. I loved Parkman as usual. Grunberg's been a favorite of mine for years now.

Anyone else still holding out hope that we'll learn what Kaito's power was?

Nodnarb  (op)
Mac Elite
Nov 21, 2007, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by lavar78 View Post
Anyone else still holding out hope that we'll learn what Kaito's power was?
Question about that: I've been wondering (along with everyone else) what the hell his power is, but in this last episode when Hiro was bringing him to the funeral and stuff trying to save his dad's life, Kaito said something like "we have the power of gods...but we cannot play god."

Does that mean Kaito has the same power as Hiro? It would make sense seeing as Parkman/his father have the same power.

Or Kaito could have just been saying, we all have powers (different ones) but we have to use them wisely. He may not have been referring to Hiro's power specifically.

Anyone else catch that? What do you think?

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Nov 21, 2007, 09:59 PM

Kaito also said he'd never traveled through time before, so he can't have had Hiro's power. I think he meant "we" to refer to all the superhumans — Kaito, Hiro, Adam, etc.
Chuck
___

Nodnarb  (op)
Mac Elite
Nov 21, 2007, 10:02 PM

Oh ok, I must have missed when he said that. Then damn, what the hell is his power. I had almost convinced myself that he had the same power as Hiro, using that line as my proof. guess not though.

SirCastor
Professional Poster
Nov 21, 2007, 11:13 PM

I was disappointed to see Kaito die, and I was hoping that Hiro would save him. I'm glad though that it didn't work out, because you can't have everyone live all the time.
8gb iPhone on Tmobile

Nodnarb  (op)
Mac Elite
Nov 27, 2007, 02:03 PM

This was the first episode of this season I can say I really did not like.

After last weeks show, I was really looking forward to this episode. Just so many things didn't seem to work for me though.

Hated the whole Sylar/Maya thing, she was acting even more retarded than usual, and completely turned on her twin brother for some random guy she's just met a few days back. Don't see that happening.

Hiro and Peter? They literally had all the time in the world (or no time? trippy) to talk about what was going on, and for Hiro and Peter to each explain what they were doing. And we all know Hiro is a talker not a fighter. Yet he just charges on Peter without even talking? And Peter's just gonna kick his ass unless something interrupts that scene next time, Peter already had the lighting ready, and he's got tons of other powers. Hiro's time stopping doesn't work on Peter, because time stops for everyone but them 2. Didn't like that scene either.

I think Peter is also being really naive about Adam now. I understand why he was on his side after leaving the Company, but Victoria told Peter the whole story about how he wanted to release the virus (couldn't Peter have just read her mind to see whether she was telling the truth? Or just read Adam's mind for that matter?) Then Hiro starts telling Peter how bad Adam is, but Peter just won't believe any of it. I don't get why he just doesn't find out the truth for himself?

Micha kicking his cousins ass was pretty cool, although it seemed a little out of character I wasn't expecting that. And his cousin got taken? How does any of what's going on there relate to the big picture of the story? Maybe they'll tie it in next week, but they already have way to much $hit for next week to do in 45 minutes.

There were many more things I didn't like I just can't think of them all right now.

I'm really hoping they pull it off and give us a good finale next week.

jonasmac
Senior User
Nov 27, 2007, 04:56 PM

I agree this episode is kind of a let down. All the scenes with Alejandro, Maya and Sylar seem so....forced and rushed. I don't think anyone really cares about these guys anymore. Although Sylar is still one psycho dude. Of course, Mohinder is going to give him some of Claire's blood, so he can get back his abilitiy(ies).

Why would Hiro run at Peter from 20ft. with a sword? And where was Parkman? Did he really leave Molly at home all alone? Next episode two heroes die....hmmmm....any guesses on this? I'm going with Niki and Maya.

Forum Links
Forum Rules