Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > question? wait to buy a powerbook?

question? wait to buy a powerbook?
weemsc
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 19, 2004, 07:58 PM

I'm looking to buy the 12" powerbook, but my question is should I buy now or wait? I don't really NEED the powerbook right this minute (although that'd be nice), really I don't have to have one until next August. My question is do you guys think prices will drop significantly over this time period or will Apple release new superior products over this time period? Thanks for any help you guys can offer,
-Chris Weems.

RayK
Forum Regular
Jan 19, 2004, 09:06 PM

I do not work at Apple, but knowing how they update the product line, there will definitely be an update to the line before then. I'd wait if I were you, but hey, to his his on or something like that.

Alex00087
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 20, 2004, 12:00 AM

Oh you dont need yours til August? Im assuming your getting it to start college/school year. Im doing that too, gotta convince my dad to get me a 15 incher for high school graduation gift.

Fozz_uk
Forum Regular
Jan 20, 2004, 10:46 AM

I'd wait if I were you, it's about time we got some kinda update...but then I've already been waiting since October...

baglunch
Forum Regular
Jan 20, 2004, 11:05 AM

There will more than likely be an update by then, but I doubt prices will drop any, apple tends to keep the prices pretty stable with the exception of the 17" powerbook because it was a new product and they were probably seeing how far they could get by charging well beyond the premium price for a laptop.

tooki
Admin Emeritus
Jan 20, 2004, 11:32 AM

This question gets asked weekly, no need to post it again.

And the answer is ALWAYS the same: if you wait, then you can ALWAYS get more computer for your money, or the same computer for less money.

It's up to you.

tooki

Forum Links
Forum Rules