Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > 12" PB Rev. C screen poll

View Poll Results: What do you think about the 12" PB Rev. C screen?
Poll Options:
What the hell are all these people talking about? It's GREAT! 16 votes (48.48%)
Ahhh... So-so... On par with most similarly priced screens. 11 votes (33.33%)
I wish I had gotten the 15" but no biggie. 2 votes (6.06%)
Oh God, my eyes... I'm getting a migraine! Why is he making me read 4 choices!? 4 votes (12.12%)
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll
12" PB Rev. C screen poll
damiensmunki
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 16, 2004, 12:59 AM

So...there seem to be a lot of divergent opinions on the screen of the 12" PB Rev. C. Let's compile all the thoughts into one poll...

Dr.Michael
Jun 16, 2004, 05:59 PM

Originally posted by damiensmunki:
So...there seem to be a lot of divergent opinions on the screen of the 12" PB Rev. C. Let's compile all the thoughts into one poll...
Thoughts don't help. What you need are measurements and facts. Or do want to believe any morone out there and spend your money based on his/her opinion?

vexingv
Jun 16, 2004, 08:32 PM

i got a rev c 12" about a month ago. its fine but the viewing angle is very narrow and the colors (even after calibration) arent right. i've been using it attached to a crt monitor now and i can really see the weaknesses in the 12" screen and the colors that it displays.

sideus
Mac Elite
Jun 17, 2004, 12:58 AM

Originally posted by vexingv:
i got a rev c 12" about a month ago. its fine but the viewing angle is very narrow and the colors (even after calibration) arent right. i've been using it attached to a crt monitor now and i can really see the weaknesses in the 12" screen and the colors that it displays.
I agree. I tried using SuperCal but the colors turned out worse then the default ColorSync profile.

HasanDaddy
Forum Regular
Jun 17, 2004, 07:48 AM

The Rev C screen is better than the Rev B one

however, the differences aren't HUGE

I've always thought that the newest 15" screen is the best of the entire lot, followed by the brightness/contrast of the 17"
"Government is not the solution, its the problem" --- Ronald Reagan

iNeusch
Mac Elite
Jun 17, 2004, 08:21 AM

I have used one for two months and I was close to get one just because it is so small! Just get another screen if you need more space

Beerman
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 17, 2004, 09:15 AM

Got mine about three weeks ago - yeah, the screen is small, but the "smallness" factor is the best part. If you are into design, screenwriting, and other tasks that require large screen area, get an external monitor or pony up and get a 17". Otherwise, the 12" rev.C is a good choice.

NYCFarmboy
Mac Elite
Jun 17, 2004, 11:10 AM

The Rev C screen on my 1.3 gig powerbook is very poor...wont' rehash as I've stated it before.

That did not stop me from just recommending another 12" Rev C for my sister-in-law however... She purchased a brand new one last week... and the screen is identical to mine...same problem of limited view angle, poor color saturation/brightness.

But...the screen does work. Very very poor/average in my opinion, but the rest of the computer is fantastic, and for that reason I still think it is a good choice and recommended it to her despite the poor quality screen.

She upgraded from a 667 mhz G4 tibook 15" which got destroyed by her youngest son (3 years old and decided it made a great play toy)...

She likes the larger hard drive space, DVD burner, and MUCH faster chip and the more compact size for traveling. (the main reason she likes it). I had told her the 15" had a better screen but she wanted the smallest laptop she could get.

I've acclimated to mine and accept it. The screen on my old ibook was much nicer, but the performance gains on the 1.3 12" are phenomenal in comparison.

damiensmunki  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 27, 2004, 02:04 PM

bump... Any more votes?

escher
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 27, 2004, 02:12 PM

I have been disappointed by the quality of the screen on every single 12-inch PB I have used (Rev.A - Rev.C). It's comforting to know that a good number of people who answered this poll "it's GREAT," despite the fact that the 12-inch's LCD is obviously not nearly as good as those on the 15-inch and 17-inch PowerBooks.

Either way, the 12-inch is a great machine. I'm finally ordering my 12-inch PowerBook on Monday night, regardless of LCD quality.

Escher
"The only laptop computer that's useful is the one you have with you."
Until we get a 3 lbs sub-PowerBook, the 12-inch PowerBook will do.

Forum Links
Forum Rules