Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Changing all related Internet configs

Changing all related Internet configs
pjrgois
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 3, 2000, 02:36 PM

Haw can I change all the Internet configurations in just only one step, rather than opening the internet the TCP/IP the modem and the Remote access control panels. I often do this because I use 4 different ISP's and all of them have different configurations of this control panels. I have tried to do this with the Location Manager CP but with no luck, because it returns me an error stating that one configuration was not found referring to the AppleTalk and TCP/IP module. This may be because I do not use AppleTalk and I have no configuration set for the AppleTalk CP.

Thank you...

oscar
Grizzled Veteran
May 3, 2000, 04:32 PM

Well, under the file menu of tcp/ip there is a configuration option, use that, I used to for awhiel, and that seemed to work just fine

------------------
-See Yea!

Rhyd
May 5, 2000, 04:55 PM

Originally posted by pjrgois:
Haw can I change all the Internet configurations in just only one step, rather than opening the internet the TCP/IP the modem and the Remote access control panels. I often do this because I use 4 different ISP's and all of them have different configurations of this control panels. I have tried to do this with the Location Manager CP but with no luck, because it returns me an error stating that one configuration was not found referring to the AppleTalk and TCP/IP module. This may be because I do not use AppleTalk and I have no configuration set for the AppleTalk CP.

Thank you...
Location Manager is your best bet; but you need to name each of your configs for Internet, Tcp/Ip, Remote Access, and Modem, etc with a unique name as Location Manager does not accept "default" for unique configs. I create configs for each using the isp names. You have to go through each control panel and create configs for each different setting that you require.

Use the "help" menu and search for Location Manager and follow the directions for creating sets of differing settings.

After you have created the location settings, you can switch all settings at once by the LM csm.

pjrgois  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 6, 2000, 02:20 AM

Thank you all for your replies. I've solved the problem... Recently when I got the error that I mentioned before from Location Manager I went to have a look at the AppleTalk CP, and I noticed that there were no configs in the configs window, after choosing configurations from the configurations option on the file menu. So there was no way I could rename the default config, strange isn't it. Can't imagine how this came to be but. I trashed the AppleTalk preferences and all came to work normal again...

Forum Links
Forum Rules